Phantom 3-Std Weak Remote Signal

@happytreefriends, maybe YOU should follow your own advice.

ya know he right.jpg

Thanks ian :)

Reactions: robiefield
Come on you guys, your making my thread not important!
If a create the thread can I be the admin?
I think this is the first thread I have ever started.

I couldn't use the system today because I was getting a message. (I did not have proper credentials to post). I thought I was banned for talk on my thread.

I had to setup a different email to be able to post.

Last edited:
Fedex Delivered my package Friday September 25th before 12:00 pm. Since they are now using this new FreshDesk anybody know when it might be checked in?

Update: Monday, I got an email that my unit was checked in (1 working day). Better then 10 days last time. Then another surprises, a link "DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography" and a tracking number to monitor the progress. I would have called it a progress number. FreshDesk still displays waiting to receive package.

Update: Tuesday, I check on Repair Trace, Now Displays
1: Product Received
2: Assessment and Quotation
3: Repair in Progress
4: Product Delivered (Blue being done or active)
FreshDesk still displays waiting to receive package.
I receive an email stating: Your ticket - Loosing Remote Control Signal. - has been closed.
Great its repaired!

Update: Wednesday
Repair Trace and FreshDesk displays the same.
What has been closed was an email that I had sent September 14th, never got a reply until now. Still, very confusing system.

Update: Monday Oct 5th
Repair Trace and FreshDesk displays the same.
Update: Monday 3 pm
Receive an email (Repair unit is shipped) and a FedEx tracking number.
Repair Trace now displays repair delivered.
FreshDesk displays "updating process" instead of "waiting to receive package"
It is supposed to be delivered Wednesday.
They had it 5 working days.

Update: Wednesday Oct 7th Unit Arrived, Different remote and unit. None of the numbers match what was sent in.

Last edited:
I'm having the same issue. When I got this, I could go up as far as 820ft. Then all of a sudden, 70ft is all I can get out of it. What should I do??

I'm having the same issue. When I got this, I could go up as far as 820ft. Then all of a sudden, 70ft is all I can get out of it. What should I do??

How many flights did you get before it changed, mine seemed to be timing of a firmware update. I had to give up and send it in. When I final found where to view my flight logs and tried to duplicate one of the flights it was not possible anymore.

I think I was the first to post this problem and now I have been seeing at least one a week just on the P3s. Nobody has posted what was actually fixed on there unit.

I
Re-Linked Remote and Phantom.
Calibrated IMU.
Tried an Apple device in airplane mode. (Tech Recommended)
Calibrate Compass (Tech Recommended)

How many flights did you get before it changed, mine seemed to be timing of a firmware update. I had to give up and send it in. When I final found where to view my flight logs and tried to duplicate one of the flights it was not possible anymore.

I think I was the first to post this problem and now I have been seeing at least one a week just on the P3s. Nobody has posted what was actually fixed on there unit.

About 10 flights. It all started after I had to updated the firmware I think. I had people tell me I had my antenna pointed wrong. I had it pointed straight out with no problem. Now, I can put it 90 degrees up or in any location and cant even get far. I've tried taken my phone off the controller and still the samething.

I thought it was so odd that firmware could cause RF signal quality. Sounds exactly like mine. If I am hovering at certain distance standing still as I can the signal level displayed for the remote will jump all around Good, Weak and Lost. Its like they are trying to change signal strength to save battery power. If that is the case then a firmware update could be the cause. Sadly you can't go backwards on firmware on a P3s.

You could try to Re-Boot or Booting it up. That's using a large and heavy work boot to kick it up in the air. You may get more distance than the remote.:(

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
I am glad they replaced it ! What was the total turnaround Rod ?

Edit / Never mind..Just reread post # 64

Last edited:
Edit / Never mind..Just reread post # 64

I made the link more noticeable :)

Hi Guys,
I am having the same issue as what was in the original post. With my Phantom Standard I cannot get further than 10m height or even 30m away before the return to home function keeps occurring. My first flight however was very successful and I was able to get to 120m altitude at 600m away. Also 400m altitude directly above.
This problem starting happening over night.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Nah no airports for over 60kms away, and beginner mode is off.
I did get in one two really good flights before this happened. So everything was well at one point

Also I contacted support last night, they looked at my logs and couldn't find a reason. They said they will contact me, no idea how long that will take but at least the ball is rolling.

I flew twice Sunday, it works like it should. I named it Hope it Works. I didn't do any distance tests, really wooded around my house. Btw I can only see Mt Hood from the air. :)

DJI_0012.JPG DJI_0009.JPG

Last edited:
The P3 range does suck something pathetic.

I sawpped out the POS whip style antenna's with $15 cloverleaf's from ebay and more than doubled the distance from about 500' to 1300'

Something's not adding up right on this . Some don't get much distance and some do .
I got 6,670' with mine with stock antenna .
I can't say it suck's at all .
I just can't get a grip on why it's like that .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair