Phantom 3 Standard Range Issue is a Common Problem

They only send the video that shows how to position the antennas? All these people just do not know how to position it and thats why they don't get enough range. Thats the support that they give :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 using Tapatalk
Like keeping the antenna upright?

I gave up. It is what it is. If I want to fly further than 1000 feet I will use Litchi. Just program it in.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm having distance issues...only got out to 4000' last night before RTH initiated. WTF? :D

I gave up. It is what it is. If I want to fly further than 1000 feet I will use Litchi. Just program it in.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
So can you go further with Litchi app? How far can you go? If it is like that it means that it is all about the DJI go app.

Hey guys. Running a P3S with stock remote I was getting about 2000ft over congested areas (A LOT OF HOUSES). Now I am running the FPVLR WITHOUT amps and achieving about 3500-4000ft over the same areas as before! I will be getting amps down the road but 1 mile is fun for now! Can't wait to get out of the interferance areas and see what she does!

You can only go further with Litchi using way points. You set a mission up online (easy way) and let it rip. The furthest I have let it go was a mile. I am a chicken when it come to flying out of los

I like piloting it and plus... WAY to chicken to let that <<edited>> just fly out of los too. I doubt I will ever do that, ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like piloting it and plus... WAY to chicken to let that <<edited>> just fly out of los too. I doubt I will ever do that, ever.
cowboy-shaking-head.gif

]

Reactions: Pharm and Meta4
So can you go further with Litchi app? How far can you go? If it is like that it means that it is all about the DJI go app.

as far as I know you can run straight out until the battery dies. i have not done this, I have only used Litchi once. But im pretty sure if you punch in a way point 5 miles away, you can attempt to get to it, until the battery runs out, then crash and burn

Same problem. Was able to get a 3 maybe 400 meter distance in a low interference area. In a more dense populated area (my back yard) i got about 15 maybe 20 meters height(distance) before i lost fpv. This is kind of unacceptable!
What would you advice?

Same problem. Was able to get a 3 maybe 400 meter distance in a low interference area. In a more dense populated area (my back yard) i got about 15 maybe 20 meters height(distance) before i lost fpv. This is kind of unacceptable!
What would you advice?

Welcome to the forum!
That thread is kinda old now,
For starters though, Is this a brand new phantom, or brand new problem?
I assume, it is a standard (because of the thread), are you loosing telemetry also?

My issues has always been remote control signal to the phantom, but have seen lots of post on your problem.

Try this for now..

Search Results for Query: losing image | DJI Phantom Drone Forum

Rod

What would you advice?

Actually, the thread starter was talking about the remote signal tx problem, same problems I have had.

On a Standard there is about four types of communications going on.
Remote to Phantom,
Phantom to remote two channels video image, and telemetry.
Remote to mobile device.

Rod

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum!
That thread is kinda old now,
For starters though, Is this a brand new phantom, or brand new problem?
I assume, it is a standard (because of the thread), are you loosing telemetry also?

My issues has always been remote control signal to the phantom, but have seen lots of post on your problem.

Try this for now..

Search Results for Query: losing image | DJI Phantom Drone Forum

Rod
Hey Rod, thanks :) I think i`m confusing some of the communication lines than, my bad. You are right about my Phantom, its a standard.
I can still control the phantom but i do lose video signal and it wants to fly home. The phantom is a month old now and range for video on my android device is unstable, in not very dense area's i have gotten a decent to good video up link but today in a (probably) very dense wifi occupied area it was 10 maybe 20 meters tops. I`m gonna check out the link you suggested.
Thanks again. :)

ps im gonna read into the various signals and uplink connections asap too

Thats where i have my problem. Video up/downlink range is unstable and was today really low

Hey there. Contact DJI, tell them your issue, tell them you want it covered under warranty, they'll email you an rma number with a shipping label to send it in. That's what I had to do when mine was doing that crap because all "troubleshooting" steps didn't make a difference. Don't fret though.. Their turnaround time is very fast (or at least it was when I sent mine in). Just be sure to do thorough visual and mechanical (test flights) inspections as soon as you get it back. When mine was returned the first time, o_O, from the transmitter signal problem "fix" the shell seam was not aligned properly at all, the motor screws were cross-threaded and they took my device holder off the remote and didn't put it on the new one. I noticed the shell seam and one motor was sitting crooked as soon as I opened the box. Just double check it. But as far as your signal issues go, if you've done everything you can find to do, send that sucker back to them.. Let them worry about it.

Hey there. Contact DJI, tell them your issue, tell them you want it covered under warranty, they'll email you an rma number with a shipping label to send it in. That's what I had to do when mine was doing that crap because all "troubleshooting" steps didn't make a difference. Don't fret though.. Their turnaround time is very fast (or at least it was when I sent mine in). Just be sure to do thorough visual and mechanical (test flights) inspections as soon as you get it back. When mine was returned the first time, o_O, from the transmitter signal problem "fix" the shell seam was not aligned properly at all, the motor screws were cross-threaded and they took my device holder off the remote and didn't put it on the new one. I noticed the shell seam and one motor was sitting crooked as soon as I opened the box. Just double check it. But as far as your signal issues go, if you've done everything you can find to do, send that sucker back to them.. Let them worry about it.
thanks for the heads up! Im gonna do some test flight and make up my mind than.. :)

Can anyone tell me why there is a connection problem with the P3 4K when I turn everything on? SometimesI have to restart things 2 or 3 times. Once connected there doesn't seem to be any serious problems and can fly over 900 m without any signal loss. I've have only been been flying the drone for 3 weeks so I know I have lots to learn.

I would try to rebind the RC and Phantom (look in manual). This can sometimes get messed up, especially if you recently upgraded firmware.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

What would you consider a normal range for a phantom 3 standard in the UK in a field out in the country?

I'm getting about 300-400m. Is this normal?

Chris P

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl