Phantom 3 Standard Range Issue is a Common Problem

Thanks rod
I agree it's probable hardware tied to the firmware update.
(It didn't do it before the firmware update)
I've rekindled the controller and re downloaded the dji app. Will test it more tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Hi Guys!

I also bought a Phantom 3 Standard (refurbished) and are experiencing the same limited range problems...

Anybody got a fix for this yet? or at least know what is the cause of it?

Make sure is not in beginning mode. Go to the settings and uncheck beginning mode. This limit the range.

i should have probably mentioned that its not in beginner mode. I opened the remote and drone to check if the antennas are correctly connected at the IPEX side of the cable. Tried downgraded the firmware but still getting "signal lost" at about 50-80m

@Rottie,
Welcome to the forum!

This is definitely a refurbished unit?
This problem is right out of the box?
You didn't do any firmware updates?

Rod

Yes, i bought it as a refurbished unit at a drone shop.
It wanted to update at the first start up so I did update the drone's firmware.
The drone shop says it could be my Android device. I have a Sony Xperia XZ premium. This phone is not on there supported devices list, but its the device that I have. I will see if I can borrow a device that is on their list to see if it is my phone. Do you think it could be the device that is causing the range problem?

Do you think it could be the device that is causing the range problem?

I tend to agree with Rod. Your device has a 2.2 ghz quad core processor, so that should be enough power to run the DJI app without overload, although your system memory might be stretched a bit. Still, I don't think your device is the root of the problem based on what you're describing.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl