Phantom 3 Standard Range Issue is a Common Problem

I get out to 2200' and that's good enough for me. Full signal with the FPVLR or the ITELITE DBS mods

1846'

Attachments

• 1458164072109.jpg
    1458164072109.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 423
I Oslo have a problem with the range. I have a 4k version. The range stops At 150 meter. Then i had a fly a way. Ny dji did not come Back. I have oksi a probleem with the camera range. IT stops At About 20 meter. I send my dji Back.

Pfft 800 feet?? This is WITH UPDATE and an antennae upgrade.

baa750c1adefe214de0eb90e28438a83.jpg

Farm land and flat ground for miles. I have tried with a stock controller and a modified one. Results are about the same. Lose signal. Sometimes at 50 feet altitude. Sometime at 100 feet distance. I am NOT thrilled about this. I've had the Standard now for about 3 weeks. Sure I don't NEED to fly miles and miles and up into the stratosphere. BUT is like to be able to get out and about just a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I've got the lasted Go update but no way am I gona do the new firmware .
Not till I must anyway .
What where you getting Garry before you did it ?

Best I got in my area with standard controller was 2300 distance and 800 height. This is in feet.

Screw you LOL. J/k. Wish mine would go far ......

Using it in an area of high wifi signal count is a known issue. I have places in my house that it just won't work and other areas that are fine. Best to eliminate that as the issue and go out to an open field. Just make sure to set your signal loss fail safe to be "return to home" and you will be fine. Also set your return to home altitude to insure no collisions. I also hear there is a new firmware out today, may help?

@Gary C Re-read your other post. That appears to be pretty well outside a normal noisy wifi area. 1/2 mile range would be short compared to the spec. The other item some pilots miss is the direction the antenna is pointing. Which is to say the tip of the antenna should never point at the Phantom. That is the part of the antenna that has the weakest transmission and reception. The length of the antenna should always be aligned with the vertical legs of the Phantom for best signal strength and distance. (With one exception, when it is directly over head; then lay your antenna flat horizontal.). I am always adjusting the angle of my antenna depending on the Phantoms position to me to maintain the strongest signal to and from. The top of the RC should face the Phantom also too align the two wifi antenna plates. Also if you are using a phone of worse a large tablet make sure that it is not blocking the top face of the RC where the WiFi and stick antennas are, this can cause the video to be choppy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phoenix 1
Sorry, Garry.
Down the length of a lake, no wifi. But I turned it around. Still had signal

Sent from my Phantom at 401 ft!

Sorry, Garry.
Down the length of a lake, no wifi. But I turned it around. Still had signal

Sent from my Phantom at 401 ft!

Smooth water acts as a good signal reflector. The earth is just the opposite.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I was getting 1800ft with argtek. Last night i added the litchi app. I got to 2800ft before i turn around. Didnt rth but rc signal was week. I also had a gear vr and was able to fly w that too. Made 19.99 well worth it. Litchi does chew up my battery and crashes alot. Had fun today though.

Check out my range differences in just a few days, the 4020' flight was before I had any issues just a few days later I'm struggling to get past 1000'.
Screenshot_2016-03-24-19-55-43.png
Screenshot_2016-03-27-17-57-52.png

DJI knows this is a real problem but they're refusing to acknowledge it. Everybody with p3s range issues needs to send DJI support an email and tell them how you feel about it. After all, we didn't buy "toy" grade quadcopters.. o_O Or did we??

After updating, my range last nite was 3000'...prior, my best was 1800'.

Pfft 800 feet?? This is WITH UPDATE and an antennae upgrade.

baa750c1adefe214de0eb90e28438a83.jpg

Farm land and flat ground for miles. I have tried with a stock controller and a modified one. Results are about the same. Lose signal. Sometimes at 50 feet altitude. Sometime at 100 feet distance. I am NOT thrilled about this. I've had the Standard now for about 3 weeks. Sure I don't NEED to fly miles and miles and up into the stratosphere. BUT is like to be able to get out and about just a bit.

Hey Gary, have you found a solution yet?

Has anyone been on the official DJI Forum with their information? Hopefully their moderators would respond in kind.

Has anyone been on the official DJI Forum with their information? Hopefully their moderators would respond in kind.
They only send the video that shows how to position the antennas? All these people just do not know how to position it and thats why they don't get enough range. Thats the support that they give :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20