Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.6.0040

I did the firmware update and it all went fine. Threw in my second battery and that went very quick. A few minutes at most. I decided I would do the IMU calibration later and flew anyway. There was nothing that I would call unacceptable. Rock solid. As for speeds, if there were any showdown maybe it only happened at the beginning of the flight. I still got the same speeds mid and towards the end of the flight. Or so it seemed.

Reactions: Dome
For me the vibrations are still present, still drifting a little too. Wind was around 10mph so nothing major, never seems to fly in a straight line either. Did an imu, and gimbal calibration.

Sent from my Galaxy S6 using Tapatalk.

Firmware 1.5 and 1.6 works the same way for me (P3P). May be a little less vibrations now, but this may be just my imagination.
I had not much time to test, but it is fine as was before ... I've NOT done an IMU calibration, for now.

Reinstall if it is ios.

Hey flyNfrank, thanks for the advice. I did, twice. Still no luck.. I also tried the cold IMU calibration. Pretty bummed my camera no longer faces forward. I guess it's going back to DJI for repairs. Hopefully I'm not charged, as I've only owned it for 3 weeks.

Is there a way for me to default back to the original firmware? Or wipe the firmware and try again?

I've mentioned this before but apparently no one read the post. If you are on IOS do a backup before you install any software and remember the date of the backup. Then go ahead and install the new software. If it doesn't work go to ITunes and do a restore using the date you saved before the new install. Now your old software will be back. Works for me all the time.

Reactions: alokbhargava
For me the vibrations are still present, still drifting a little too. Wind was around 10mph so nothing major, never seems to fly in a straight line either. Did an imu, and gimbal calibration.

If you still have the vibrations, it's something specific with your drone I belie. Need investigation.

Hey flyNfrank, thanks for the advice. I did, twice. Still no luck.. I also tried the cold IMU calibration. Pretty bummed my camera no longer faces forward. I guess it's going back to DJI for repairs. Hopefully I'm not charged, as I've only owned it for 3 weeks.

Is there a way for me to default back to the original firmware? Or wipe the firmware and try again?

You can install 1.05.0030 firmware. You just the same process, as in removing every folder and file from the microSD card and copy the 1.05.0030.bin file to card.

Btw, did you have the GO app 2.4.3 installed at time of update? Also, is your camera working at all? It sounds like either the firmware is not getting completely finished loading, or the file you're using is corrupt.

Last edited:
You can install 1.05.0030 firmware. You just the same process, as in removing every folder and file from the microSD card and copy the 1.05.0030.bin file to card.

Btw, did you have the GO app 2.4.3 installed at time of update?
Hey Frank, I have already updated to 1.6 and did 3 batteries also. If you go back to 1.5 (not that I am) will it 'downgrade' the batteries also? Just wondering....

If you still have the vibrations, it's something specific with your drone I belie. Need investigation.
Lots of other people have the problem, and it only came after fw 1.5 so I'm not so sure.

fNf, I had video drop out problems after the 1.5 update. DJI advised to roll back, which I did. So, what happens if this update gives me the same problems, can I roll back to the 1.4 or am I stuck with bird I can't rely on? I live where it gets cold in the Winter so the battery update sounds like something very important. I seem to be kind of stuck! Please advise if you can.

I also had video issues with 1.5.3 firmware. You will more then likely have the same issue with 1.6.4 firmware. And the reason you will is due to the size the app has become as well as the added processes. And it will continue to grow and gain file size. So either you a setting in the device being used that is not properly adjusted, or your device has become out grown and lacks the need memory and processor speed. A $200 Nvidia K1 Shield took care of all my issues.

Hey Frank, I have already updated to 1.6 and did 3 batteries also. If you go back to 1.5 (not that I am) will it 'downgrade' the batteries also? Just wondering....

No it should remain the same.

Lots of other people have the problem, and it only came after fw 1.5 so I'm not so sure.

You are right many have reported issues but we lack data to analyze. Question is what's HW difference between what you have and others who are happy. SW and FW are the same for all. What are those variables?

Vibrations can come from props, motors, motor mounts, ESCs, resonance ......

Wish I had one such P3 to experiment!

Huge speed reduction for me. Live in Las vegas. Updated p3p and 4 batteries. Did all calibrations. Flying feels incredibly slow and sluggish now.
I used to love how this Phantom could accelerate so fast from ground level to 200 hundred feet or so. Now it is like it is crawling.
Horizontal speed was slower also. Still got up to 32 MPH. but the it did not feel like the acceleration was nearly as fast as before.
I don't mind if they slow it down while it descends. I am always worried about the vortex affect. But come on DJI, bad move slowing everything else down and telling us it will only
come into effect when it is cold. Flew today in 55 degree F. no wind. First time I didn't enjoy flying this Phantom.

Huge speed reduction for me. Live in Las vegas. Updated p3p and 4 batteries. Did all calibrations. Flying feels incredibly slow and sluggish now.
I used to love how this Phantom could accelerate so fast from ground level to 200 hundred feet or so. Now it is like it is crawling.
Horizontal speed was slower also. Still got up to 32 MPH. but the it did not feel like the acceleration was nearly as fast as before.
I don't mind if they slow it down while it descends. I am always worried about the vortex affect. But come on DJI, bad move slowing everything else down and telling us it will only
come into effect when it is cold. Flew today in 55 degree F. no wind. First time I didn't enjoy flying this Phantom.
To me it looks as if DJI is trying to reduce stresses on motors and shells to resolve that popular stress crack issue.

Reactions: Mordor
To me it looks as if DJI is trying to reduce stresses on motors and shells to resolve that popular stress crack issue.
very well could be.
but than again i don't need to have my phantom flying at 186,000 miles per second.

Reactions: CCDD
w8sh5.jpg

It sounds like performance is limited until the battery warms up. Unless the ambient temp is very high, or you've preheated the battery somehow, this means the Phantom will feel sluggish on taking off. It would be interesting to repeat the same ascent after a few minutes in the air to compare with the "cold" performance.

very well could be.
but than again i don't need to have my phantom flying at 186,000 miles per second.
(edit:..no Dirby I'm not singling you out)
....it's ok... we can take away EVERY advantage Phantom had over all the other quads, like speed, distance, and add poor customer support, and shell cracks for the best piece of machine money can buy. Sign me up, that's the one I want. NOT

I purchased an item that every time a fw comes out, (good) features are removed, and a hand full of guys sit on their thumbs and say... ah, it's ok.
Any wonder why I stopped updating?
Please DJI fix these items the correct way!! Not short cuts.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor