Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.6.0040

Hopefully it will fix some of the problems from 1.5, mainly vibration for me. Depends if we can still downgrade or not too.

Sent from my SM-G925K using Tapatalk

Oh wow, so no mention of all the problems being fixed, and only downgrade to 1.5, that's disappointing.

Sent from my SM-G925K using Tapatalk

I have, that's why I said no mention of any problems being fixed :) just a battery update, they need to fix the stability and vibration problems!

Sent from my Galaxy S6 using Tapatalk.

Defenily the stability and bad vibes....

Anyone?

And about P3A??? Why no updates??

I've noticed previously that if you click on Downloads in the Professional & Advanced support page, it brings you to a page titled PHANTOM 3 PROFESSIONAL DOWNLOADS, with no mention of Advanced.
Clicking Downloads here:
Pro1.jpg

Brings you to this page:

Pro2.jpg

Also odd that the release notes say the iOS app updated to v2.4.2 when the downloads page offers 2.4.3.

I always found it easiest to get to the downloads like this:

Downloads.jpg

Seems to me they may be addressing the recent issues with sudden power loss, etc. that people have been experiencing. Hope this update solves that issue.

Decrease in vertical and horizontal speed? Say what?:( I like being able to fly at 30 to 34 mph. 5 mph can make a big difference if you fly long range and get caught in some air currents. When somebody has tested the new firmware, please confirm the new speed.:cool:

Reactions: Mike Mauk
DJI is usually silent on bug fixes as afraid of filing claims due to bugs.

Anyway, I will download the latest FW and update my P3. I can't fly today it's raining in San Francisco. Don't mind to be a Guinea Pig.

Reactions: mirrorimage
Seems to me they may be addressing the recent issues with sudden power loss, etc. that people have been experiencing. Hope this update solves that issue.
Seems plausible, it sounds as though they think the motors called on too much power at full speed in some circumstances.

DJI release notes said:
2015.12.22 Overview:
1. All-in-One firmware version updated to:v1.6.0040
2. DJI GO app iOS version updated to: v2.4.2 3. DJI GO app Android version updated to: v2.4.3

What’s New:
1. In cold environments, propulsion output is automatically adjusted based on battery temperature and cell voltage. Horizontal and vertical speed is also decreased to avoid triggering battery protection.
2. Optimized battery management.

Notes: 1. Users are advised to update all the Intelligent Flight Batteries with this All-in-One firmware.
2. The firmware can be downgraded to v1.5.30.

Seems plausible, it sounds as though they think the motors called on too much power at full speed in some circumstances.

HUmm that could be plausible being the only two times I ever had erroneous power issues and warnings pop up then it trying to auto land with a perfectly good battery and still at over 90% just so happened to be when I was hammering it full speed ahead while also ascending.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1