Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.6.0040

I'm sure someone who experienced a battery issue resulting in loss of A/C knows this in detail, but pretty much what took place with the batteries was all firmware related. Our P3 has 4 cell's in each battery. There is a volt limit that is set should it drop below that amount on either of the 4 cell's, the settings are set so that the battery is shown to be in a critical state and set to land. Well instead of landing, it was shutting off and then crash.
First trouble after update : iPad Air DJI Go app miserably crash ... I had to clean and reinstall it ... but it's not an fw problem ...

I saw several mention on ios having issues but reinstall cured it. But I think they said they also lost the 32 channel mod as a result.

i had no problems with my install and two flights.
i am useing android.

Hey all, need some help. Just updated the latest firmware and now I receive the "RC Signal Lost" message from my DJI Go app. Phantom 3 Standard if that matters.. flew fine yesterday. I deleted and reinstalled the app. Still no luck.

Thanks.

NM, fixed. Followed the steps to re-link the remote to phantom in the manual (p.24) if anyone else has this issue after updating. Fingers crossed that was the only issue. Doing an IMU calibration now to try to fix the crooked camera.

Reinstall if it is ios.

i had no problems with my install and two flights.
i am useing android.
i up dated and flew through two batterys.
solid as a rock flew like an old buick.
everything was fine no problems.

Dirby did you notice any horizontal or vertical speed decrease assuming where you are flying is relatively cold as stated in the release notes?

Reactions: dirtybum
I hope this fixes my "drifting" issue. My P3 has been flying like a drunkard ever since going to 1.4 for the "smart" features.

Reactions: Mordor
HUmm that could be plausible being the only two times I ever had erroneous power issues and warnings pop up then it trying to auto land with a perfectly good battery and still at over 90% just so happened to be when I was hammering it full speed ahead while also ascending.
Yep, that's how I lost my bird in a 22 second flight

Did the update, 3 batteries...success! Unfortunately, raining and very windy here in the Bay Area

Just done my advanced to latest firmware,also done two battery's and did the Imu and gimbal calibration. Had quick indoors flight in my kitchen and everything looks perfect, no drifting no motor wobble. I will go outside when the rain and wind stops to do a full flight test,but up to now all looking good. Touches WOOD. This is what I get now everything is bang up to date.
View attachment 38273
What app and aircraft you flying cause i have another post asking how to get mapview/cameraview/radar all on one screen. You can answer here if u want.
Preview preferrence | DJI Phantom Forum

Interesting. . You need to start a thread on that addressing that. Many say FAA can only do that. Many say FAA can't make laws.
Los Angeles county put a ban on FPV flying in the whole county, another case that FAA should have the jurisdiction, not the county. This Minnesota community of St. Bonifacious sounds like a town of "Bonehead Factious" 80yr old city officials demonstrating their power to deter the pursuit of happiness in their town. Looks like I won't be visiting there anytime soon.

Does anyone save older updates, so later on, when things get sketchy, maybe you can go back, or dont it work like that?

Does anyone save older updates, so later on, when things get sketchy, maybe you can go back, or dont it work like that?
Yes, I have been saving them. Especially helpful has been saving the iOS app .ipa files. Bailed me out a few times last year with my P2V when app upgrades were problematic.

Had to do the same with Ipad Air 2, deleted app and reinstalled. Works fine now...
Good to know...went out and tried flying today BEFORE I knew of the update and the app was crashing on my iPad Air 2 also.

Fingers crossed after an easy update. Hoping that everyones issues are mostly resolved.

You can only go back one rev. It's a another limitation thanks to our good friends at DJI.
There is a file called gs_ofdm.bin that presumably brings the firmware to an older state that allows you to upgrade to older firmware. I have the file, just haven't got around to using it as it appears to be a full time job just keeping the bird current.

[00075148][11 00][05] v1.7.15.1 -> v1.7.15.1
Found it, thanks, all is good.
Outstanding. Glad you found it and that all went well with your FW update.

Reactions: Donw35
Exactly! which is 3 beeps or D's. And uploading is 4 beeps. Either way you do seem to know it the difference.
Alternatively the led on gimbal glows steadily green that's an indication of the end of the process

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20