Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.6.0040

The BEST way to tell if it's done or not is to look at the green/red light on the front of the camera. If it's blinking red, wait. If it's solid green, it's done. No guess work on what you are hearing.
I agree sir. I used to always listen for the beeps until maybe 1.4.1 or whichever FW it was that started the crazy beeping and screeching silliness that had people putting their P3 in closets or the garage! Now for me it's all about that little light.

Reactions: ParsnipHysorter
There I'm glad it finally came out. Of course I couldn't talk about it until it does come out. This firmware will take care of the battery issue we have seen a number of crashes over. So you DO want to take this update seriously and get it installed!

We actually were able to even test this update in some cold conditions. The coldest for me was only in the upper 20's, but there were others that flew in colder climates.

Since updating the firmware it seems to me like my flights have extended. Example, on the upper 20 degree flight I flew just over 14 minutes and had over 50% remaining. That is pretty good considering the cold temps.

Btw, you will want to update each battery you own. Just leave the microSD card installed You can do this by switching out each battery after you update the firmware. Just power down the a/c, switch battery, and power up again. The process will be very similar to the firmware update. The batter update should only be around 8-10 mins.

The 32 channel mod still works for android. However, it seems like the ios beta team was unable. I have not tried it on my mini 2 tablet to see if it does or not. I thought it didn't work on my K1 Shield at 1st but once I rebooted the K1 it worked no problem.

Let me know if anyone needs help.
Thanks again Frank for helping to fill in the blanks. I know it must be hard to stay quiet with the NDA during beta, but once each new FW comes out I always look for your posts with the extra info and guidance that DJI invariably forgets to provide.

Reactions: flyNfrank
Thanks again Frank for helping to fill in the blanks. I know it must be hard to stay quiet with the NDA during beta, but once each new FW comes out I always look for your posts with the extra info and guidance that DJI invariably forgets to provide.

That was a really nice thing to say. Thank you and I appreciate it very much. Yeah you're right, it can be very hard to not spill the beans from time to time.

D-D-D sounding ... I cross fingers ...
... but after 8 minutes ...

Code:
[00013166][11 00][00] v1.7.0.0 -> v1.7.15.1 need upgrade.      <--- battery updated to 1.7.15.1

The fw just update battery and an other section [03 06]
@Dome - FYI that 03 is the MC (main controller). I just noticed it in this thread: DJI Forum|Phantom 3 Pro/Adv Battery Firmware v1.6.0040 Install Guide and Support Thread

LOG_AB Module Mapping.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Dome
Dirby did you notice any horizontal or vertical speed decrease assuming where you are flying is relatively cold as stated in the release notes?
yes there was some decrease in the vertical and horisonal speed.

Since 1.5 on the bird and even being a few revs behind in the ios go app and one firmware rev behind on the rc, I have had absolutely perfect flights. No battery mishaps, I charge and fly within hours each flight. Fvp video stream sheer perfection, not a single glitch. Maybe still some drift during slow forward or backward flight in winds. But I would consider everything about my flight experience right now as perfection, perfect flights every time.

I was compelled to update to 1.5 on the bird. I've never been less compelled to change a single thing now.

Compel me.

Reactions: aka1ceman
updated my bird and all 100 batteries took me all bloody night!!;)o_O

Me too.....specially 1.1.9....smooth and perfect handling...

Someone talk about a roll back file some pages ago?

I would really like to roll back if I knew that everything could safely roll back. I have had nothing but problems since firmware 1.4. I still get the dreaded horizon tilt and nothing has fixed it. The only way to fix it is to fly up and spin around about 4 times and then it evens out. I remember how nice things were back at 1.1.9.

......you guys should be flogged for not wanting to be on the latest fw.:confused:. j/k

Yie sure.....we are collectively imagining things.....or maybe some users don`t know to use the P3 in a professional way :D

There I'm glad it finally came out. Of course I couldn't talk about it until it does come out. This firmware will take care of the battery issue we have seen a number of crashes over. So you DO want to take this update seriously and get it installed!

We actually were able to even test this update in some cold conditions. The coldest for me was only in the upper 20's, but there were others that flew in colder climates.

Since updating the firmware it seems to me like my flights have extended. Example, on the upper 20 degree flight I flew just over 14 minutes and had over 50% remaining. That is pretty good considering the cold temps.

Btw, you will want to update each battery you own. Just leave the microSD card installed You can do this by switching out each battery after you update the firmware. Just power down the a/c, switch battery, and power up again. The process will be very similar to the firmware update. The batter update should only be around 8-10 mins.

The 32 channel mod still works for android. However, it seems like the ios beta team was unable. I have not tried it on my mini 2 tablet to see if it does or not. I thought it didn't work on my K1 Shield at 1st but once I rebooted the K1 it worked no problem.

Let me know if anyone needs help.

fNf, I had video drop out problems after the 1.5 update. DJI advised to roll back, which I did. So, what happens if this update gives me the same problems, can I roll back to the 1.4 or am I stuck with bird I can't rely on? I live where it gets cold in the Winter so the battery update sounds like something very important. I seem to be kind of stuck! Please advise if you can.

That's the stupidest city ordinance I've ever read. It's clearly a bunch of council members who fear technology and law enforcement. In Texas, we would just laugh at them. I'm not sure about Minnesota, but you can't create your own felony law in a municipality in Texas.

Reactions: edge00

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic