Phantom 4 Pro V2 is now RID compliant

Very interesting! I was wondering about that, and why the P4P v2 wasn't included in the compliant models list. Sounds like it's up to DJI to make the submission to the FAA and get it approved. Hopefully they will do this before the March deadline ... So really it's 'not our problem' in a way - but it would probably be wise for us to keep an eye on the listings, and if the P4P v2 isn't added soon, we should push DJI to take care of getting it added asap.
Agreed.

Reactions: CWassam
Who has updated their P4Pro V2 for the RID, and did you do it via wifi, or using DJI Assistant 2?
Success-failure-issues?
Has anyone updated their Smart Controller or Trpltek DJI Go4 app? same questions
I also have a Google Pixel 3XL, and a Samsung S9+. Anyone updated one of these?
basically, I am looking for guys to post their success or failures etc for the new RID update.

Did you start the motors? DJI drones don't start transmitting RID data until the motors have been started.
OK, from the beginning, what goes in IDENTIFICATION and FLIGHT INFORMATION?????

Attachments

• RID.jpg
    RID.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 38
Alright, so how does any app sees the drone? Is there a remote ID number somewhere?

Basically the drone creates a remote ID number based on the 14-digit serial number of the flight controller, by adding additional characters before and after the serial number to make a 20-digit remote ID. You will need to register this number on the FAA dronezone website. Go backward through this thread, you'll find all the information on how to work out the remote ID number that is being generated, how to test whether it is being transmitted by the drone etc.

As mentioned in the thread above, once the firmware and GO4 are updated, a RID WIFI signal is broadcasted with a network name in this format:

1581F + 14 digit FLIGHT Controller serial number + 0

This 20 digit number is what is used to register your drone with the FAA (Drone Zone).

If you check your cell phone's available WIFI networks once the drones motors are running you will see the network starting with RID and the above number sequence.

What is actually broadcast is unknown at the moment as no one can find an app that can read the broadcast.

1581F = DJI

Last edited:
As mentioned in the thread above, once the firmware and GO4 are updated, a RID WIFI signal is broadcasted with a network name in this format:

1581F + 14 digit FLIGHT Controller serial number + 0

This 20 digit number is what is used to register your drone with the FAA (Drone Zone).

If you check your cell phone's available WIFI networks once the drones motors are running you will see the network starting with RID and the above number sequence.

What is actually broadcast is unknown at the moment as no one can find an app that can read the broadcast.

1581F = DJI
Thanks.
My RID then should be 1581F11VKH8T00200J30. Checked Wifi networks on my iphone and two other tablets, nothing.
Guess I'll stick to my DRONETAG beacon; I know that works as I can see it on several apps.
Appreciate the help.

It does not appear immediately. Did you give it some time? I assume you upgraded everything correctly and are running the motors?

Yes, yes and yes.

You might want to give it another try. I had to do a couple of flights before I started to see the RID transmission - and it only worked with actual flights outdoors, not when I ran the motors without props indoors.

I can confirm DroneDeploy & Litchi both are still working with the RID firmware update!
I also ran a mission in DD on Saturday successfully after my RID update on P4P v2. No issues other than needing to reboot everything after the update (app, controller and drone)

I don't think so either, but my curiosity has me wondering how all this works and just who can see the data if they want to.
This is just information. I did some long range testing today and found that the WLAN signal does not reach beyond 300 ft out and 100 ft AGL. This has no bearing on our flying. We are FAA compliant, so, case closed. I'm out working again.

Just got a response from the FAA - they haven't approved the P4P v2 yet.

I emailed DJI about this, and their response was "About this issue, we are preparing to submit the related files to the FAA. The specific date is not clear."

I am confused with this statement in the PDF "DO NOT update to this firmware version if the GS Pro app is being used with the aircraft. Otherwise, the aircraft cannot be used." I have GS Pro installed on my tablet but rarely use it. Do I simply delete the GS Pro app and never use it? Thanks.
What is “GS Pro”?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl