P4P v2 RID

Reaction score
I have used my P4P v2 many times and the RID (from DJI software) has worked perfectly. Today I went to fly a little (haven’t in a couple weeks) and Go 4 said Geofence update was “available”. I usually don’t but I did this time. I don’t know if that is what caused this problem. I turn on the AC, turn on the RC, turn on the screen. I get the red warning “Cannot take off.” When I touch the message it gives me this in red. “Remote ID error. Unable to take off. Make sure DJI Fly can access mobile device location. Flyng without broadcasting required remote ID messages may violate local regulations.” Does anybody know what is going on? Normally, RID on the v2 starts after the blade start and you a a few feet up, but tis won’t let the motors start.

May be a mismatch from firmware on the controller? If your aircraft is current with the rid firmware, there may be an update for the controller. I have not checked this myself with the V2 hardware that I have yet, but that’s what I’d be investigating.

Post number three is seeing that you mention the dreaded fly app. That is not the correct app for a V2 phantom. You should be dealing with the GO4 app only.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3