Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.6.0040

I also had video issues with 1.5.3 firmware. You will more then likely have the same issue with 1.6.4 firmware. And the reason you will is due to the size the app has become as well as the added processes. And it will continue to grow and gain file size. So either you a setting in the device being used that is not properly adjusted, or your device has become out grown and lacks the need memory and processor speed. A $200 Nvidia K1 Shield took care of all my issues.

I had video drop out issues with both my iPad Mini 2 & my iPhone 6s. I guess I can understand the iPad Mini 2 issue, maybe....but the iPhone 6s having the same problem doesn't seem right with the upgraded processor etc.

Completly agree. 1.1.9 was more smooth on speeds...wich is good for video at low speeds....
What I wouldn't do to have a 1.1.9 set up....:cool:

I think slowing it down is a great idea, these are Camera platforms, not race quads !!!! If it helps the stress and cracking issue DJI finally did something right !!! I fly my new one like a filming device not a racer NO cracks and tons of great flights ! When I see people say I used to accelerate upward so fast lol, I own a Yamaha R6 it will accelerate **** fast but, do you need to and do you expect it to last long if you abuse it all the time NO ! Same idea !

Reactions: MADrone
I'm on 1.3.2 and it sounds like that is where I should stay. I don't fly in very cold weather. Is the battery update still necessary?

ITs a great idea...believe-me! Stay on 1.3.2. and ignore update warmings...

Damm 1.5...lol

ITs a great idea...believe-me! Stay on 1.3.2. and ignore update warmings...
Damm 1.5...lol
Do you ever post anything except how you miss 1.1.9?
SInce just about everyone else has no problems with all the firmware since 1.1.9, it really looks like the problem is in your Phantom and not the firmware.

Reactions: bobomet
....it's ok... we can take away EVERY advantage Phantom had over all the other quads, like speed, distance, and add poor customer support, and shell cracks for the best piece of machine money can buy. Sign me up, that's the one I want. NOT

I purchased an item that every time a fw comes out, (good) features are removed, and a hand full of guys sit on their thumbs and say... ah, it's ok.
Any wonder why I stopped updating?
aka .. you need to learn another song.
If you keep on with this one, it's going to sound like you're just trolling.

aka .. you need to learn another song.
If you keep on with this one, it's going to sound like you're just trolling.
Tell DJI to stop making the Exact SAME mistakes over, and over, and over. I'm sitting here watching people break their neck to update to the latest and greatest only to find out more issues or they removed another great feature that separated the P3 from others.
I promise you, at some point enough people will be fed up enough to do 1 of a few things.....
1. Leak software to fix the rollback issue
2. Build a quad with equal to or better than lightbridge with good customer service that leads to DJI either folding or getting better.

Reactions: Mordor and huntjock
Meta4, I'm actually excited to see what they have in store for 1.7.
Any side bets they won't remove more good original P3 features? Or cause more problems?

Tell DJI to stop making the Exact SAME mistakes over, and over, and over.
What mistakes would these be?
I'm sitting here watching people break their neck to update to the latest and greatest only to find out more issues or they removed another great feature that separated the P3 from others.
Meta4, I'm actually excited to see what they have in store for 1.7.
Any side bets they won't remove more good original P3 features? Or cause more problems?
I've seen you post your luddite mantra 100 times but P3s still fly as fast and as far.
I haven't seen any reduction in my flying freedom as a result of any firmware update.
Despite your carping, DJI aren't reducing features or causing problems.

....then your not reading your forum threads. Just from 1.6 People are all over complaining on how speed has been reduced. I can turn the gain down to 80% when it's cold.
Keep being blind to it doesn't make it go away.

Reactions: huntjock
....then your not reading your forum threads. Just from 1.6 People are all over complaining on how speed has been reduced. I can turn the gain down to 80% when it's cold.
Keep being blind to it doesn't make it go away.
Well I'm reading forum threads but so far all I can find is one saying his speed reduction was "drastic .. but then went on to say he achieved 36mph.
He gave no numbers to back up his claim about acceleration and no-one else joined in to say they were also seeing sluggish performance.
Out of the hundreds of thousands of users, I'd expect that there are quite a few that have updated ... but how many complaining?
And how many with a real complaint with real numbers rather than something vague like .. it seems a bit slower

You're only looking for confirmation of your delusion that DJI is crippling your P3 and that's all you'll see.
Go flying sometime and enjoy your P3 rather than constantly whinging about your imaginary restrictions.

Did you lose your bird due to a battery issue on 1.3.20?
Nope that one had quite a few successful runs on the new mc/bat firmware 1.5.30
I was going full sticks up and out to head out on a run it drop dead 200 ft & 22 seconds in.
At the time i thought it must have been from full throttle with both sticks at the same time. And now im sure it was that and a poor battery firmware that they are obviously trying to address! Dji wanted to know more about what firmware i was on and how long than they wanted to know about anything else. DEAD GIVEAWAY!

Do you ever post anything except how you miss 1.1.9?
SInce just about everyone else has no problems with all the firmware since 1.1.9, it really looks like the problem is in your Phantom and not the firmware.

Exactly as your comments about me... and i have the right to a opinion, even you don`t like it. I still didn`t offend nobody here.

I have a new theory: Maybe you and many users just fly, period, and don`t edit videos, look for perfect videos, and notice small variations on the flights....just a thought here..

I can create a tread about wish fw was more stable and perfect........

P.S. - I also remember to read here some users saying the same, and/or even other worse problems...

Last edited:
I have a new theory: Maybe you and many users just fly, period, and don`t edit videos, look for perfect videos, and notice small variations on the flights....just a thought here..
Maybe you never noticed the horrible wavy horizon in 1.1.9 that was fixed in all the later firmware versions.
I can create a tread about wish fw was more stable and perfect........
What I'm saying is that the later firmware versions are perfectly stable for just about everyone else.
The problems you have are almost certainly not in the firmware.

Maybe you never noticed the horrible wavy horizon in 1.1.9 that was fixed in all the later firmware versions..

Nop. In fact, after read about 4 different foruns, you are the first one to talk about it. You mean horizontal alignment?

What I'm saying is that the later firmware versions are perfectly stable for just about everyone else.
The problems you have are almost certainly not in the firmware.

Isn`t here a tread about people complain about vibrations on last fw? And a few users about drifting?
Also, wasn`t one of the features of 1.5 solve the problems of drifting (1.4)?

I see a few contradictions here.....no offence.

Most important of all: Merry Christmas to everybody! Today its a special day for everybody!:p;):)

Nop. In fact, after read about 4 different foruns, you are the first one to talk about it. You mean horizontal alignment?
With 1.1.9 the horizon was a wavy curve.
1.2.6/7 had an anti-distortion feature added to images and non-4K videos to correct this and make the horizon straight.

Ah didn`t now that. Always learning....

Again....a minor problem in comparative with others more recent.
Don`t notice wrong with my hardware...only about 30 flights and never crashed.

(apart RMA and cracks)

Reactions: aka1ceman

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor