Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.5.0030

Just went to download the firmware from DJI site. I have an Advanced. Downloaded the file indicated by the Phantom 3 Advanced link but it is labeled P3S_FW_V01.05.0030.zip. That prefix has me concerned. In my mind it should say "P3A_FW...". Has anyone any inside info on this? Is that really the correct file for the P3A? The P3P's file prefix is "P3X_FW".
"P3S_" has been the prefix for the P3A firmware for as long as I have had a Phantom 3. You have the correct file for your P3A.

Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.5.0030 | Page 2 | DJI Phantom Forum

Reactions: JoBe
The naming is exactly the same now as it was when the Pro and Advanced were release
The naming convention most certainly did change. Last update I did, the firmware download file for Advanced was named "Phantom_3_Advanced_Firmware_v1.4.0010_en.zip". This time it is "P3S_FW_V01.05.0030.zip". Given DJI's lack of attention to detail in the past & the fact that they released a model designated as "Standard", the "S" in the filename gave me reason to pause.

In fact, if you go to the dji site and hover over the previous release, you'll see that the link says http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3/en/Phantom_3_Advanced_Firmware_v1.3.20__en.zip

How do you manage getting out of bed?
Thank you Steve for your usual informative, helpful and most importantly friendly post. To answer your question specifically, most days I don't! That's right, Most days I DON'T get out of bed. That's what happens when you have terminal cancer in the latter stages. Oh, and difficulty following steps such as would be involved with this installation. I need to be able to start it up and fly it and that is what it has done for me. Yet to you I am the most rediculas thing you have ever seen. Gee Thanks Steve. Next comment I wish to make I will be sure to screen it through you first.

The naming convention most certainly did change. Last update I did, the firmware download file for Advanced was named "Phantom_3_Advanced_Firmware_v1.4.0010_en.zip". This time it is "P3S_FW_V01.05.0030.zip". Given DJI's lack of attention to detail in the past & the fact that they released a model designated as "Standard", the "S" in the filename gave me reason to pause.

In fact, if you go to the dji site and hover over the previous release, you'll see that the link says http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3/en/Phantom_3_Advanced_Firmware_v1.3.20__en.zip
And what is the name of the firmware file for each version?

The P3S_FW_V01.05.0030.zip file is what you need for your P3 Advanced. I upgraded mine with that file this morning with no issues.
Thank you!

I can confirm that you will not be able to roll back to 1.3.2 if you upgrade to 1.5.3. While you may be able to roll back bask from 1.4 to 1.3.2 before, once u go to 1.5.3 its now not possible.

Reactions: Lori
I can confirm that you will not be able to roll back to 1.3.2 if you upgrade to 1.5.3. While you may be able to roll back bask from 1.4 to 1.3.2 before, once u go to 1.5.3 its now not possible.
Why not? Is the downgraded 1.4 from 1.5 different from a non downgraded 1.4? Did you try it?

Why not? Is the downgraded 1.4 from 1.5 different from a non downgraded 1.4? Did you try it?
Early on we were not allowed to downgrade at all, then there was a problem with 1.2.x so people were clamoring to go back to 1.1.9. They even started trying a service bin to allow a downgrade to 1.1.9.

When 1.3.2 came out to replace 1.2.x, we finally had the ability to downgrade and could go back all the way to 1.1.9. When 1.4 came out, we were then limited to going back one version only from that point on. In that case back to 1.3.2 if we had installed 1.4.

Now that 1.5 is out, it makes sense that we can only go back to 1.4. Once 1.5 is installed, you would then be limited to going back one version. In this case to 1.4.

I'm sort of at a loss as to why people are surprised by this. Did I misunderstand something?

Wow. Thank you. It gives an error message? Or is your bird bricked now?
Just error message. I upgraded from 1.4.1 to 1.5.3, then back to 1.4.1. Success. Then I tried to go to 1.3.2 and got error message. went back to 1.5.3. success. went down to 1.4.1. success. Tried to go 1.3.2 again, error message. went 1.4.1 then 1.5.3. Gave up.

Early on we were not allowed to downgrade at all, then there was a problem with 1.2.x so people were clamoring to go back to 1.1.9. They even started trying a service bin to allow a downgrade to 1.1.9.

When 1.3.2 came out to replace 1.2.x, we finally had the ability to downgrade and could go back all the way to 1.1.9. When 1.4 came out, we were then limited to going back one version only from that point on. In that case back to 1.3.2 if we had installed 1.4.

Now that 1.5 is out, it makes sense that we can only go back to 1.4. Once 1.5 is installed, you would then be limited to going back one version. In this case to 1.4.

I'm sort of at a loss as to why people are surprised by this. Did I misunderstand something?

I think people are confused why or how DJI was able to limit the rollback. If you could rollback from 1.4.1 to 1.3.2 BEFORE you upgraded to 1.5.3, then what did they do to limit the rollback? Isn't the 1.4.1 firmware file the same? How does your Phantom know the difference between pre and post 1.4.1 firmware. I hope that made sense.

Reactions: Oso
Guys...plaese be more constructive here......and don`t act negatively....

My problem:

Me and other user, were the first to notice the "drifting" problem on 1.4fw....
So, my bird is at this moment i speak on Germany to repair, and im quiete shure they will install 1.5.

So, thanks to DJI, if i have (just a hypothesis) a new problem with 1.5, i will have to roll back to 1.4, with already a problem?!?!?!?!

And before send it to RMA (this is the 2 time) they update from 1.3.2 to 1.4.... i appreciate, but 1.4 sucks on my drone...

Any interested on the files to rollback to any FW, please ask i can put them here. I just don`t have the instructions any more.

Guys...plaese be more constructive here......and don`t act negatively....

My problem:

Me and other user, were the first to notice the "drifting" problem on 1.4fw....
So, my bird is at this moment i speak on Germany to repair, and im quiete shure they will install 1.5.

So, thanks to DJI, if i have (just a hypothesis) a new problem with 1.5, i will have to roll back to 1.4, with already a problem?!?!?!?!

And before send it to RMA (this is the 2 time) they update from 1.3.2 to 1.4.... i appreciate, but 1.4 sucks on my drone...

Any interested on the files to rollback to any FW, please ask i can put them here. I just don`t have the instructions any more.
Was your RMA a result of the drifting alone?

No.
First RMA was because cracks on 2 engines.
After receive it, i notice already a future crack to appear, and they forget to glue the Logo, and other small details.

Reactions: III% Streve
Last edited:
Has anybody actually updated yet? I am doing it now and it's been about 2 hours. It looks and sounds like it's working but I'm starting to freak out

From someone here on the forum:

The process I used:

1. Copy only MVOM0Fw.bin into the root directory of the MicroSD card and update F/W as normal.
2. Copy only 1.1.9.bin into the root directory of the MicroSD card and update F/W as normal.
If your happy at 1.1.9 then stop here.
3. Copy only MVOM0Fw.bin into the root directory of the MicroSD card and update F/W as normal.
4. Copy only 1.1.8.bin into the root directory of the MicroSD card and update F/W as normal.

File:

Mega File Upload - MVOM0Fw.zip

As always, i`m not responsible to any brick device.
All credtis to the authors and not me.

Rolling back Firmware success! | Page 5 | DJI Phantom Forum

Reactions: Lori

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj