Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.5.0030

Ehehe I could download new fw, but (... just in case) I didn't try any update!!! ..becouse now I know the guys at DJI.

If someone is so brave, I can send new fw 1.5.0030 ... But I will wait tomorrow ...
Please put it on Wetransfer or something and share the link ;-)

I have no flight plans till Thanksgiving holiday so I am going to wait and see what others can report back on this. I have had no issue with the current firmware but not many flights either.

Yeah most companies release software/firmware updates on Tuesdays.... don't know exactly why... but it doesn't surprise me that they meant for it to go out tomorrow.

P3S_ and P3X_ ?! Which is which?!

P3X_* = fw for P3 Professional
P3S_* =fw for P3 Advanced

NOTE: They are the original ZIP files found this morning on DJI.Com site. No file inside the ZIP except firmware, no installation guide, nothing.

Just curious, why didn't you name them P3P & P3A to avoid confusion? I thought P3X was the Pro/Advanced and the "S' was for 'Standard so got the wrong one, thanks for the up.

The DJI firmware where always called as P3X for P3Pro and P3S for P3Adv. I didn't touch original file and this is the name under DJI site.

Not sure where you are getting the file from, but here is the naming convention from the DJI download site "Phantom_3_Professional_Firmware_v1.4.0010__en.zip" and it's the same for the Advanced and Standard, I have never seen an update zip or bin named P3X or P3S, can you post the link to the download page, just curious is all.

Not sure where you are getting the file from, but here is the naming convention from the DJI download site "Phantom_3_Professional_Firmware_v1.4.0010__en.zip" and it's the same for the Advanced and Standard, I have never seen an update zip or bin named P3X or P3S, can you post the link to the download page, just curious is all.

http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3/P3S_FW_V01.05.0030.zip
http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3/P3X_FW_V01.05.0030.zip

That were the links this morning. And still work now.

If you look inside older firmwares, ".BIN" files are named starting with P3S_ and P3X_ since first release of fw updates.
I think that firmware is ok, but file name and uncomplete content are exactly the reasons why they take offline.

I have seen the "S" since 1.1.8. It's a bummer they continued to use the "S" when the Standard came out since we are always getting people here asking if they have the wrong one since it has the "S". See the attached photo for the prior .bin names (P3A).

FW files names.JPG

Reactions: JoBe
am still getting the no video signal from the last update I recalibrated the imu
& tried the rc antennas in the v and the II & it was still losing signal so am
installing nothing till am sure its gonna sort this dam mess out
What u got to lose then?

To each their own but with experience comes the knowledge that it's never a good idea to install anything from DJI until it's been out for at _least_ a day. Especially when you don't have any current issues, when there are no release notes and when the release notes show that the firmware won't help you.

It's a little like Russian Roulette. Chances are semi-good that you'd be okay.... but it's that one time....

+1.

I consider that a smart move. In fact, I use this strategy when it comes to ANY update, on ANY device (drones, smartphones, tablets, music controllers, whatever). If something is working without bugs or problems I usually wait a few weeks to install an update. Takes a little while to see if everything is compatible within the devices used.

+1.

I consider that a smart move. In fact, I use this strategy when it comes to ANY update, on ANY device (drones, smartphones, tablets, music controllers, whatever). If something is working without bugs or problems I usually wait a few weeks to install an update. Takes a little while to see if everything is compatible within the devices used.

well... someone has to go first :) In any case... I have 2 P3P's so I will update one as soon as possible and see what happens...

I don't like that they made flight log read-only. I guess I'll have to stick with GO 2.4 and firmware 1.4.1 where I can still delete flight logs.

Reactions: skyhighdiver
Someone will always go first that is for sure :D

But of course, if someone has a bug or a malfunction it is a good idea to try an update. In other words, whenever "it won´t hurt" or there´s nothing to lose + a potential improvement. I usually wait when it isn´t something urgent and/or my devices are working fine with the present FW, especially if I need reliable performance.

Not sure if any GEO related feature will be embedded into this new FW.

Reactions: skyhighdiver
Damm....mine is on Germany to RMA.....dammmmm

But i have download the file just in case he has some precious no official characteristic

Any crazy user here did already try?

For that matter... it would be a HUGE mistake to roll out that tech PRIOR to giving us as users the we facilities to do the whole exemption thing with a credit card.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl