Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.5.0030

I have been flying at these versions for quite awhile with little to no problems. So, I have taken my tablet 'off the grid' by enabling 'Airplane Mode' and disabling WiFi. Since I fly LOS and use Litchi for autonomous flights, the map will only be good for tracking the whereabouts of the craft and assisting me in returning home, no more nice satellite view.

If I want to upgrade the apps, I will down load it to my desktop and then transfer it via USB to the tablet.

No more automatic updates of any kind for me. Trying to stay ahead of that Geo Fence and public NFZ site activity coming in the near future.

Reactions: skyhighdiver
I have been flying at these versions for quite awhile with little to no problems. So, I have taken my tablet 'off the grid' by enabling 'Airplane Mode' and disabling WiFi. Since I fly LOS and use Litchi for autonomous flights, the map will only be good for tracking the whereabouts of the craft and assisting me in returning home, no more nice satellite view.

If I want to upgrade the apps, I will down load it to my desktop and then transfer it via USB to the tablet.

No more automatic updates of any kind for me. Trying to stay ahead of that Geo Fence and public NFZ site activity coming in the near future.
You really need to educate yourself on what the upcoming geofencing actually is. And most importantly learn that there is no implementation private NFZs! PUBLIC NFZ already exist, and are already blocked. ie Airports!

I do not know why DJI is going to implement this ridiculous NFZ policy. Airspace is managed by local authorities and local law, not by any manufacturer.
DJI no fly zones are not real airspace zone.

DJI should imlement like a 3dr solo, a warning in zones what are more dangerous in their opinion, but not block usage of hardware.

What about customer law? this is a change in already bought product.

The same way a car manufacturer after a year of buying a car can limit speed or he make some highways unavaiable (when they are avaiable by local law)

Some lawyer agences should remove CE certificate from this company.

I will never buy an DJI product again.

Actually I believe you might be the one confused, deleting a file is modifying it (It no longer exists) at least thats how most operating systems work. If you don't have the rights to modify, you usually don't have the rights to delete it.

You are confused about what read-only means.
You can delete a read-only file but you can't modify it.

Actually I believe you might be the one confused, deleting a file is modifying it (It no longer exists) at least thats how most operating systems work. If you don't have the rights to modify, you usually don't have the rights to delete it.
100% wrong.
Test it yourself ... make and save a file ... any file.
Go to Properties and change it to Read Only.
Delete the file.

Read Only means that you can't add to or change the file - but you can delete it .. you just can't change it.
Your fears are unfounded.
DJI are probably doing this to prevent corruption of files - not to restrict you.

100% wrong.
Test it yourself ... make and save a file ... any file.
Go to Properties and change it to Read Only.
Delete the file.

Read Only means that you can't add to or change the file - but you can delete it .. you just can't change it.
Your fears are unfounded.
DJI are probably doing this to prevent corruption of files - not to restrict you.
Sorry, but I don't trust DJI. You explain to me why they removed the format flight data option from GO 2.4, then I can sleep easy. They are slowly removing options from us. And eventually they will limit the flight altitude to 400'. Then they will limit how far we could fly too. Hey, you're supposed to fly LOS, right? Then why would u fly over a half mile when u can't even see it.

DJI's read-only could mean different thing from PC term. Their English is not very good, u know.

DJI's read-only could mean different thing from PC term. Their English is not very good, u know.
You're really stretching there. It's hard to see how even with language differences, DJI would have any other meaning for such a simple and accepted industry term like Read Only.
Sorry, but I don't trust DJI.
The forums are full of spurious misinformation and crazy conjecture and much of it comes from this: Sorry, but I don't trust DJI.
But despite the chronic distrust that is so prevalent, I just don't see much evidence of all the predicted restrictions happening.
DJI haven't done anything to reduce the outstanding range of a P3 and they are moving to free up the existing NFZ restrictions .

I never thought I would see the conspiracy nuts in a place like this! You people are a special kind of.... something... Certainly not the good kind of something! When you let your imagination go wild, and toss in a good dose of complete wackjob the end result is some of the most insane crap on the web! They dont believe a word anyone tells them, buy will follow an unfounded, completely unsupported, and ridiculously exaggerated whim like its the second coming of Christ!

Wow folks are talking about the possibilities of what may be coming and folks start getting bent out of shape. Change is coming people like to talk about it, not sure why that so bad and people have to rage so much. Maybe it will be bad, change is not always good, maybe it will be a lot of nothing, but in the mean time the possibilities are open for discussion.

WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME WHY DJI DECIDED TO REMOVE THE "FORMAT FLIGHT RECORDER" OPTION IN GO 2.4.1? Oh, sorry, I didn't know the caps was on.

Another interesting observation... there sure are a lot of people that have less than 30 posts making some REALLY off the wall comments. Some have been dormant for, at times, more than a year. Many others seem to have joined in the past 60 days.

Hmmm..

Just an observation.

WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME WHY DJI DECIDED TO REMOVE THE "FORMAT FLIGHT RECORDER" OPTION IN GO 2.4.1? Oh, sorry, I didn't know the caps was on.
To scare the living hell out of people that live their life in fear!!! Did you know that DJI is a racist company too!!! Only recently did they start making drones that weren't WHITE!!! They changed this practice because on caught on to the mind control tactics and they didnt want his story to be seen as creditable!! Then there was that Inspire!!

Another interesting observation... there sure are a lot of people that have less than 30 posts making some REALLY off the wall comments. Some have been dormant for, at times, more than a year. Many others seem to have joined in the past 60 days.

Hmmm..

Just an observation.
Hope you aint' talking about me. I joined less than a month ago when I got my P3.

So the inference that you have join less than 4mo ago and post an avg 20+ post a day since then and that some how makes your opinions more valid than anyone else? Yes Hmmmm.

So the is the inference that you have join less than 4mo ago and post an avg 20+ post a day since then and that some how makes your opinions more valid than anyone else? Yes Hmmmm.
The difference is that I deal in fact. While those Im talking about are dealing in nothing but emotion and poor grammar.

Reactions: Alanbathurst

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31