Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.5.0030

My advice is to not install anything untill DJI releases the firmware again... They wouldn't release a firmware update and them remove it 5 seconds later unless something wasn't right with it...

My advice is to not install anything untill DJI releases the firmware again... They wouldn't release a firmware update and them remove it 5 seconds later unless something wasn't right with it...
Thats silly speculation! If that were the case there would be a release specifically saying to NOT use it.

And back to the test version
Capture.PNG

Any you you guys a few months ago, a user post some files to "force" the drone to rollback to any fw?

would they still work?

Thats silly speculation! If that were the case there would be a release specifically saying to NOT use it.
Not to install what?? Technically, they haven't released anything yet. Whatever you install, you are doing so at your own risk.. BTW since you were or are a beta tester you should know this yourself....

Any you you guys a few months ago, a user post some files to "force" the drone to rollback to any fw?

would they still work?
I remember. He was calling it a service bin and was sending it to people via email until it became a flood of requests.
People were hoping at the time that it would restore the channels that we had before. This was prior to the now widespread "32 channel hack".
I never tried the service bin myself, but several reported that it worked for them.
Of course, that doesn't mean it will work now - many FW versions later.

Ahhh, welcome back F/W 1.1.9 | DJI Phantom Forum

Last edited:
Reactions: Mordor
DJI is so silent on changes, you will never get a message from them saying don't use something thats not released.

Not to install what?? Technically, they haven't released anything yet. Whatever you install, you are doing so at your own risk.. BTW since you were or are a beta tester you should know this yourself....
Actually.. it WAS released. The only thing they did after was remove the link. The files are still in the same place they were when it was first published. As for my "risk".. you are absolutely correct. And I'm smart enough to know that the actions I take are take out of trust that they are correct. And at the end of the day, those actions WERE correct. Is there a point there that normal people cant decipher?

hey Streve, are you using the beta version or the one that was briefly on the site. Your file shows the beta version.
Any difference between beta and final version?

I went back to the beta version because that what was on the card. It is very likely the same data with a non-beta flile name.

I went back to the beta version because that what was on the card. It is very likely the same data with a non-beta flile name.
Release FW files all end with a 0(zero) at the end, forth digit past the decimal. All beta versions have had some other number in that position... 0002 0005 0007 0008 0021

I know you use both Android and Apple devices when doing your beta testing. Did you see any issues with your Android devices? I'm asking because Frank noted he had issues with Android.

I didnt have any problems on either of my Android devices. This just more supports my statement that all the issues people are having are centered around THAT individuals equipment. Not that Frank did anything wrong, or that he is running poor quality stuff. Just that if only SOME people have an issue then that group must have something in common that those NOT having issues DON'T have in common. I use a Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 and 2 Galaxy S6 phones. And my Air 2.

Reactions: Lori and Oso
I am just sitting back with a big smile :). How many times have I said "Let Mickey try it first" ???

P.S. For those of you to young or not from the US to know how Mickey is, google/youtube "Mickey cereal ad".

P.S.S. I am surprised some on this BB are not saying that it is pilot error/stupidity.

Just for fun I decided to upgrade to 1.5. Took it for a spin. Didn't notice anything different. It was flying fine before and it's fine now. Just have to wait for official release to see what the improvements are and let my psychology tell me I did the right thing.

Reactions: III% Streve
Well whether or not any problems could be specific or not to the users hardware or tablet, dji obviously felt they could do things to help the disconnect and drifting issues. These have been listed in the notes to have been addressed. The one I'm hoping does the trick is the drifting fix. That's a nasty one.

Just for fun I decided to upgrade to 1.5. Took it for a spin. Didn't notice anything different. It was flying fine before and it's fine now. Just have to wait for official release to see what the improvements are and let my psychology tell me I did the right thing.
Where is @Poundofnuts -- this may be the fix for his disconnect issue.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT