Ahhh, welcome back F/W 1.1.9

Reaction score
For those who regret that they moved to 1.2.x, it is certainly possible to go back to 1.1.9 or 1.1.8. I did it last night and I can say that I absolutely do see a difference with VPS. I do have more confidence too, which I admit is strictly internal but it's pretty nerve-racking to be constantly concerned about glitches that can bring the bird down.

So.. If you want to do the same, you can follow this thread and contact the author for the file. Everyone that contacts him has to agree not to spread that file everywhere which is why he is asking that it be secluded to those that contact him.

I will say that robrogkr is very helpful and will answer your email if you contact him. He even helped me figure out why it wasn't working when I ran it. Use a clean SD card with nothing else on it.. I'll say that... ;-)

Didn't do anything for my video channels though.. I was hopeful but that appears to be a pilot app thing...

Reactions: tvckz
Where do you get this earlier version and what are you giving up by downgrading?

Dronebow, a few posts up, he said it's okay to share the file now. Please link it here.

I've got 1.07 and 1.10, i've been using 1.1.0 and tbh I'm not sure what's different to the new version because I haven't used it!I'll email you it if you want and you can check ?

That link is dead :(

Dronebow, a few posts up, he said it's okay to share the file now. Please link it here.
I don't think so unless you can point me to the post. I communicated with Robert last night and agreed not to share it.

I understand the reason as well. Using this .bin file, which appears to be a service bin likely from DJI, is still at your own risk. Flooding the internet with this file would very likely cause problems because someone always will find a way to brick or break their unit and that will result in cases going to DJI, etc...

My purpose here isn't to flaunt but to give folks a way to do this if they choose. That way is by going to the source, robrogkr. Show me the post where he changed his mind and I'll PM you the file.

I've got 1.07 and 1.10, i've been using 1.1.0 and tbh I'm not sure what's different to the new version because I haven't used it!I'll email you it if you want and you can check ?

Anyone have the old version of the Android app?

I don't think so unless you can point me to the post. I communicated with Robert last night and agreed not to share it.

I understand the reason as well. Using this .bin file, which appears to be a service bin likely from DJI, is still at your own risk. Flooding the internet with this file would very likely cause problems because someone always will find a way to brick or break their unit and that will result in cases going to DJI, etc...

My purpose here isn't to flaunt but to give folks a way to do this if they choose. That way is by going to the source, robrogkr. Show me the post where he changed his mind and I'll PM you the file.

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=23263&pid=178963

I use Android.....so i been use App version 1.1.

Someone interested i can upload.....

Great. Thanks. I hadn't seen that.

1. Place the .bin file on a freshly formatted SD card (formatted from Windows, not the pilot app)
2. Put the SD card in the Phantom and power up. You will hear D -- D -- D -- D beeps for a couple of minutes. When you hear 1 long beep followed by 2 short beeps DD -- D -- D, it's ok to turn off the Phantom.
3. Format the SD card again and put the 1.1.9 .bin file on the card and put that into the Phantom.
4. Power on and listen to the beeps again in the same way.

Once done you can check to ensure you are on 1.1.9 in the pilot app under the About section. Be sure to calibrate the IMU and go through the checks as you normally would for any firmware update.

Attachments

• MVOM0Fw.zip
    11.7 KB · Views: 1,932
Ok, I run service bin file. Success. Then I copied 1.1.9 - inserted - it is just blinking with no sound at all. Is that normal?

ask one to stop but then another new link. I give up. good luck everyone. don't upgrade after this downgrade because dji will stop that file working in the future.
DJI needs to come out with solid firmware and not push out crap that breaks stuff. This isn't a PC that may have a glitch. It's a very expensive item that if it falls out of the sky it's hundreds of dollars down the drain.

I do not intend to continue to use this file. I made a mistake when I upgraded and I will not make that mistake again. Anyone that uses this file has a single purpose. They want to downgrade to a previous version and once that is done, they have no use for the file anymore.

If DJI wants to make this file useless, they won't go after this file. They will change the DJI pilot app so you are 'forced' to upgrade to the latest and greatest or certain features will not work.

Unless they are seeing lots of cases of people coming in with bricked birds because of this file, I doubt they will even raise an eyebrow.

Ok, I run service bin file. Success. Then I copied 1.1.9 - inserted - it is just blinking with no sound at all. Is that normal?
No, that means it's going to say in the AB log that it's already at the latest firmware which is above 1.1.9.

Format the SD card with your Windows system to it's completely clean. Put the service .bin file on it and go through the motions again.

Then Format the SD card with your Windows system again and put ONLY the 1.1.9 bin file on it. Then try the upgrade again.

Hello, can one of you seasoned veteran pilots help answer a quick question?

I still have yet to fly my new P3P as I was only able to update firmware on copter and was unsuccessful with updating RC to latest firmware (can't seem to initiate firmware update).

My question: Since I only have Copter updated and RC would not update, Do you recommend downgrading to this firmware?

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Really want to take this thing out and fly it for the first time but am very hesitant after seeing how unreliable the current update is.

Thanks in advance!

No, that means it's going to say in the AB log that it's already at the latest firmware which is above 1.1.9.

Format the SD card with your Windows system to it's completely clean. Put the service .bin file on it and go through the motions again.

Then Format the SD card with your Windows system again and put ONLY the 1.1.9 bin file on it. Then try the upgrade again.

Thanks! It works. I am back to 1.1.9

Last edited:
I do not get it. I inserted the service bin file it did D----D-D
and shows this

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.02.0006.bin

========== 2015.06.27 16:16:02 =====================
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.02.0006.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.01.0009.bin
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.
Email me. I'll attempt to help off line

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers