Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.5.0030

Anyone that has been around for a little while should know DJI does this a _lot_. They have been known to release firmware with bugs that are so bad that they pulled firmware after one day. So, as I've mentioned many times (and it's been echoed by _many_ people), it's _always_ better to see what other people say about any new firmware from DJI. If you are not having problems and the firmware does not really add anything you need, then it only makes sense to wait a few weeks before installing. I see people running to install new firmware that only adds limitations! I guess some people are just programmed into thinking all new firmware is going to better then the last.

Last edited:
I would shut it down and look at the txt file on the card.. Might be something useful. The start again. But make sure you have enough battery. You are still getting a red flashing ion the gimble right?

Your words---

Your STATEMENT is absolutely false. You not finding something in no way makes it their fault. Its also listed in 2 of the published manuals. Are you expecting a little Chinese dud to pop out of the monitor and hold your hand?
Suggestions are not to blame any one or finding fault. We want to improve customer experience thats all. YOU are over reacting.

Reactions: Wilfros
For any of you that is going to install the FW 1.05.0030 file, as a heads up make sure you do a cold IMU calibration with this firmware version. Many have complained about slow aircraft warm up times after installing this version. The cold calibration has been said to get things back to normal.
*It is also always best to uninstall the old app version prior to updating the app whenever that time should come.

Reactions: Mr.Spock
For any of you that is going to install the FW 1.05.0030 file, as a heads up make sure you do a cold IMU calibration with this firmware version. Many have complained about slow aircraft warm up times after installing this version. The cold calibration has been said to get things back to normal.
*It is also always best to uninstall the old app version prior to updating the app whenever that time should come.

Any time you install new firmware the first time you switched it on, may be error correction algorithm need to save lot of parameters and new IMU data in the firmware storage, so it is slow. Unless needed for specific reason, IMU doesn't need recalibration. Use "sensors" view in the go app to check it. Just for reference, less you use the aircraft (more time span between flight) more time you need to warmup.

Reactions: Meta4
well I shut it down read the SD card and the Txt file said it was successful. out the card back in the craft and all is good.

well I shut it down read the SD card and the Txt file said it was successful. out the card back in the craft and all is good.
LOL. This must be your first time upgrading. Your firmware upgraded finished after about 10 minutes but you kept waiting because it kept making the beep sounds. Don't worry, same thing happened to me. Didn't bother to read the manual until I got worried an hour later.

Took out my P3A today after doing the update this morning. Seems much steadier now when hovering. Previously at launch I would notice a slight drift at takeoff from my elevated pad. I usually hand catch but decided to land on my relatively small 12 x 15" landing platform (old laptop stand). Landed nicely with a slight wind. So far I'm happy with this update.

Any time you install new firmware the first time you switched it on, may be error correction algorithm need to save lot of parameters and new IMU data in the firmware storage, so it is slow. Unless needed for specific reason, IMU doesn't need recalibration. Use "sensors" view in the go app to check it. Just for reference, less you use the aircraft (more time span between flight) more time you need to warmup.

You don't need to use my info as your reference. My info comes straight from the dji firmware developer team. It is also not based on just installing the firmware and switching it on.

Every time i upgrade, i make a IMU on cool. Always.

Now on the winder, better.

3% Streve, you need to chill out man. Why do you have to go around insulting everyone, every chance you get? You constantly but heads with other members of the forum and blame their problems on user error. I've got news for you buddy, DJI is not perfect and neither are their firmware updates....by their own admission, so layoff the insults because nobody likes an *******. The fact that you haven't apologized to Wilfros, and actually doubt his statement about having terminal cancer, makes me wonder how you wake up everyday and live with yourself. That's sad man.

Wilfros, don't take anything Streve says personal, most Phantom owners experience issues with DJI updates. DJI is the only company I know that breaks their own product functionality on a consistent basis, by releasing firmware updates that haven't been thoroughly tested.

Seriously Streve, just chill out with the insults and focus on helping others instead of hurting others.
He is a bit robust, but I get why he gets frustrated. It's statements like the one you just made, that totally generalise and exaggerate a problem. 'Most' Phantom owners experience a problem???. On what basis have you got that factoid from?
Have you ever owned an Apple product? If you have, you'll really know about botched updates etc......In other words it happens to the best of them.

Anyone know what this means ?
========== 2014.01.01 00:00:13 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.03.0020.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.04.0010.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

Packet: P3X_FW_V01.04.0010.bin
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

Packet: P3X_FW_V01.05.0030.bin
Upgrading ...
Just stopped after 10min or so with flashing red led so shut it down, also the aircraft lights on arms went off

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164