Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.5.0030

He is a bit robust, but I get why he gets frustrated. It's statements like the one you just made, that totally generalise and exaggerate a problem. 'Most' Phantom owners experience a problem???. On what basis have you got that factoid from?
Have you ever owned an Apple product? If you have, you'll really know about botched updates etc......In other words it happens to the best of them.
Wacker2611.....I got that statement from DJI tech support, three different techs to be exact. Do you think their updates are updates problem free? If so, then please explain all of the problems that happen after updates. And yes, I own numerous Apple products. Do you know anything about software, programming, re-engineering applications, or building scripts? I'm a software engineer with close to 20 years of experience in building computers and writing software. I build and test software for a living, and it's easy to see that DJI might as well have monkeys testing their updates, because their releases have been more problematic than anything I've seen since the days of Windows 95 updates.

Reactions: Skypicswa
So I started to read this forum thinking I would get some info on the new firmware, boy was I wrong. Seems like pages of bickering and arguments back and forth towards each other.
Neo. Welcome to the "real" world

FighterPilots.com This thread is about the "fightware update"

Please conform your posts to reflect that.

Changelog:

1.) Normal discussions/disagreements updated to appear as full blown WAR.

2.) Allowing individuals to have and post their thoughts or feelings is now OUTLAWED. (Your posts must induce needless fear or wreckless broad statements) *You get one warning via message service, 2nd offence = BAN. 3rd prize is you're fired.....no wait, that's Glengarry Glenn Ross......

3.) Drifting issue fixed

4.) Adult conversation mode removed, replaced with "terrible two's" kid mode and teenager ignorance script. *(KnowItAll.scr)

5.)........To hell with it.....THREAD CLOSED !!

ROFL people "This is SPARTA"......I mean "This is the INTERNET" same difference.....put your war face on

Last edited:
Hey thanks for the help guys, after 15min of beeping I just waited and it updated like it should have done in the first place, at least it has green led on now and arm lights came back !!

Wacker2611.....I got that statement from DJI tech support, three different techs to be exact. Do you think their updates are updates problem free? If so, then please explain all of the problems that happen after updates. And yes, I own numerous Apple products. Do you know anything about software, programming, re-engineering applications, or building scripts? I'm a software engineer with close to 20 years of experience in building computers and writing software. I build and test software for a living, and it's easy to see that DJI might as well have monkeys testing their updates, because their releases have been more problematic than anything I've seen since the days of Windows 95 updates.
Fair enough, but not for me and thousands of others.

I stopped in the middle of the update process ans then when i tried to turn on just an horrible beep and no
Lights, the i tough i das fked and tried again.. After 15min of the irritant beep... It turn on bit started the update process again and then after 5min done! All good now!

I stopped in the middle of the update process ans then when i tried to turn on just an horrible beep and no
Lights, the i tough i das fked and tried again.. After 15min of the irritant beep... It turn on bit started the update process again and then after 5min done! All good now!
That is the known symptoms when an update is not finished--- beep beep beep--- several posts on those symptoms and the fix---- stick it in the closet and let it beep-- it will stop when it is finished.

Should I stop it in the middle? If I do then what?
I would stop the process as it will never end and check the text file if available on the SD card for any message.

I will be updating my bird today evening and report the results. I would be extra careful in doing so.

Fair enough, but not for me and thousands of others.
You're right, you and thousands of others are working fine, but just because the problems aren't affecting you, doesn't mean they don't exist. For myself and thousands of others, the problems are very real. At least we understand each other now.

Reactions: Skypicswa
You're right, you and thousands of others are working fine, but just because the problems aren't affecting you, doesn't mean they don't exist. For myself and thousands of others, the problems are very real. At least we understand each other now.
Where do you all get the statistics? is that one thousand or 999,000? Pretty big spread there:D:D:D there could be some speculation involved here.;);) This must be like one of those political polls.

Reactions: alokbhargava
So I started to read this forum thinking I would get some info on the new firmware, boy was I wrong. Seems like pages of bickering and arguments back and forth towards each other.
suprsprm, don't be deterred, there are a lot of people here that will be more than helpful. Don't let a few that don't have the patience to be helpful, just degrading, push you away. It seems to me those few that feel it necessary to be hateful need to take a break and go away for a while. With that type of attitude they are no longer helpful and are of no value in a forum setting.

Where do you all get the statistics? is that one thousand or 999,000? Pretty big spread there:D:D:D there could be some speculation involved here.;);) This must be like one of those political polls.
I'm not quoting statistics. If you think DJI doesn't have thousands of users having problems, then why are their tech support lines always jammed? Why are the greater majority of App reviews on 2.4, a 1 star? It's because people actually do have problems. Like I said, just because you bobmyers aren't experiencing a problem, doesn't mean that the problem doesn't exist. Right? Or do you only choose to believe a problem if it affects you. If there wasn't a problem with their updates, we wouldn't even be having this conversation right now. Also, the 1.53 update didn't fix my "no signal" problem. I received the RMA today, now I'm just waiting on the FedEx label. Tech support said they will most likely be replacing the remote due to a firmware update issue. I'll keep everyone posted once I get it back.

Reactions: arno
I'm not quoting statistics. If you think DJI doesn't have thousands of users having problems, then why are their tech support lines always jammed? Why are the greater majority of App reviews on 2.4, a 1 star? It's because people actually do have problems. Like I said, just because you bobmyers aren't experiencing a problem, doesn't mean that the problem doesn't exist. Right? Or do you only choose to believe a problem if it affects you. If there wasn't a problem with their updates, we wouldn't even be having this conversation right now. Also, the 1.53 update didn't fix my "no signal" problem. I received the RMA today, now I'm just waiting on the FedEx label. Tech support said they will most likely be replacing the remote due to a firmware update issue. I'll keep everyone posted once I get it back.
No comment-- I understand your frustration.

Reactions: Poundofnuts
He is a bit robust, but I get why he gets frustrated. It's statements like the one you just made, that totally generalise and exaggerate a problem. 'Most' Phantom owners experience a problem???. On what basis have you got that factoid from?
Have you ever owned an Apple product? If you have, you'll really know about botched updates etc......In other words it happens to the best of them.
That maybe. But we all need to realize that when some people come here they are frustrated and looking for help and by treating them the way some do just adds to that frustration. They come here to blow off a little steam and try to get help. We have all been there and know how it feels. Most, after they have vented, come to realize that typically their problems can be solved. I guess my point is let them vent and move on to helping them solve their problem, being hateful and degrading helps nobody. Have a great day and happy flying.

Well I am one that agrees with this & it was a firmware that brought it to my table so now there is 2 of us & am sure plenty more, great for ye guys with no problems & threads seem to be taken over by this itself, maybe because you think we're so stupid we can't troubleshoot it, let me Tell You I've tried everything possible, yes I have improved it to maybe 30% cutout on any given flight, problem now forward of backwards, have mine since launch & at this stage still get the huge buzz lifting off but wish I had my live stream back constant

Reactions: Poundofnuts
I do too, Poundofnuts. It would drive me bananas. However my only issue remains that you did make a sweeping statement about 30 (!) posts ago, claiming that the majority of Phantom owners have had problems with updates which you can't substantiate. Anyway, sorry for your probs.

Painless update, which was my first time doing one btw. Deleted all video files off my sd card, dropped the bin file on it, put it in the phantom, turned it on, took under ten minutes to finish, powered off the phantom, took the sd card out and deleted bin file and put it back in the phantom, powered on, formatted the card, checked some settings that do need resetting back to my custom settings, all good. Did a flight, all great. Did not update the go app nor the rc update from a few weeks back.

I do too, Poundofnuts. It would drive me bananas. However my only issue remains that you did make a sweeping statement about 30 (!) posts ago, claiming that the majority of Phantom owners have had problems with updates which you can't substantiate. Anyway, sorry for your probs.
I agree Wacker, maybe he should have said "alot" instead of "the majority", I will give him the benefit of the doubt and call it a typo. LOL.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164