Phantom 2 battery clone

Hey all....
Mine arrived today as well.... I started a different thread for testing and whatnot.... Nuke RC Battery Review.... If the wind dies off later I Am going to try and fly....

LittleKway said:
Shipment #100000045 placed 23 June, still not left Hong Kong :(

2014-07-09 00:00, TH, The item ( RT226875205HK ) is being processed for departure from Hong Kong as of 9-Jul-2014 .

Looking forward to seeing the status change.

Finally arrived today :)

Happy Bunny.

Sanababit said:
Just ordered one, lets see how it goes

Sana
Be sure to tell us all about it about a week or so after Labor Day.

Buying one Battery from Nuke RC now, but failed. Paypal response with

"We can not proceed your order , there is a problem with seller paypal account, please try again later "

tom3holer said:
I may just order one as they probably can't be any worse than the factory one that are just quitting and cause P2's to fall out of the sky at an alarming rate.

Tom

What do you mean by that, that every P2 falls out of the sky due to batteries failing?

ElGuano wrote:
One big difference is that DJI is replacing batteries and Phantoms affected by genuine battery cutouts. I'm pretty sure a crash caused by a 3rd party clone battery isn't going to be supported by DJI.

As to the point about the battery technology itself, while I really like the P2, I personally prefer simpler power systems. That's why I like the standard lipo setup on my P1 :)

This is a very good point as well. You risk voiding your warranty if you crater your Phantom using Hong Kong Phooey batteries. I am happy for clone batteries though because competition always keeps prices low for us.

Actually I had thought it was against ny state law for any manufacture to say someone can only use there brand parts or consumables. Or be at risk of voiding any warranty. IN LESS the manufacturer offers there parts free of charge.

But it turns out its actually a federal law and is valid in all 50 states. tho it was originally meant to stop car manufactures from trying to imply that other makes of things such as filters or other things were inferior and try to make costumers think they could void there warranty if they didn't use the manufacturers expensive alternative. it also has been used against the cos that make printers and sell expensive ink and try to force people to use there brand ink. as well as vacuum cleaner cos trying to void warranty's if some one don't use there expensive bags.

But I here is some info on the Moss Warranty Act.
"Under the Magnuson – Moss Warranty Act, 15U.S.C. SS 2301-2312 (1982) and general principles of the Federal Trade Commission Act, a manufacturer may not require the use of any brand of filter (or any other article) unless the manufacturer provides the item free of charge under the terms of the warranty."

So, if the consumer is told that only the original equipment item will not void the warranty, he should request that the OE part be supplied free of charge. If he is charged for the part, the manufacturer will be violating the Magnuson – Moss Warranty Act and other applicable law."

It should be noted that the Magnuson – Moss Warranty Act is a federal law that applies to consumer products. The Federal Trade Commission has authority to enforce the Magnuson – Moss Warranty Act, including obtaining injunctions and orders containing affirmative relief. In addition, a consumer can bring suit under the Magnuson – Moss Warranty Act.

So unless dji wants to supply phantom 2 battery's to all of us for free I hope they arn't even trying to be foolish enough to ever put it in writing that the use of other battery's may void there warranty. cause if so they are in violation of the Magnuson – Moss Warranty Act.

Well ordered on july 14 and still no email saying it has been sent, lol, here we go, its the waiting game

Sana

Ordered 17/6
"Shipped" via "International Express (10-15 working days)" 25/6
Then if the tracking is to be believed:
Arrived(?) Hong Kong depot 9/7
Shipped from Hong Kong 20/7!
Obviously still waiting... don't hold your breath. :roll: Absolute joke!

Would be keen on some more reviews though, seems the product might be ok.

ever ordered batts from hobby king? same dumb *** shipping, grey. you know what that means,??? under handed. these batts are put on passenger flights, and fly around the world to ports that don't give 2 fox about laws. but if you don't mind waiting or knowing your batts on a passenger jet ;) shut up and wait :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well if they are shipping them by air plane its either one hell of a slow air plane or they are using Malaysian airlines or something.
Mine tracking was saying it was getting ready to leave HK weeks ago and it never arrived this side of the pond.

called post office and they said there is no way it would of been this long to at least arrive in the states if it was ever sent and more then likely it never got threw customs and security check in HK being they do activity x ray all packages to make sure no ones trying to illegally ship lithos threw HO post.

had it arrived by now or even any hope it was if tracking showed in in us customs I would of dropped my paypal claim. But no way I'm going to let them give me the shaft on a battery THEY sent threw illegal means knowing there was a high chance it would get poped. and if it did get popped I' sure its not going to be the only one esp considering once some one sending stuff gets flagged as sending contraband every thing they send after that gets speshial treatment for extra careful inspection.

man these batteries sound like a headache, don't be cheap and spend the extra $30 and get the real deal!

garrock said:
rokit said:
... spend the extra $30 and get the real deal!
Prices shown on various website indicate an extra $52 USD for the DJI battery.
  • Shipping: about $17 worldwide for NukeRC. Guessing $8 in USA for DJI.

nukerc 76.99+$16.64 (shipping, 18-25 working days)=$93.63

b&h (authorized dealer) $129+free 3 working days shipping

that's only $36 difference. by the time that nuked battery arrives at your house, phantom 3 would be out :D

anyways, it's all personal preference.

happy flying and glad 3.06 is out :D

J.James ... when did you receive and order acknowledgement that it shipped (not when you placed the order) ?

I got the first shipping confirmation June 25th tho they never actually bothered to even ship it till about 2 weeks later then it sat in hk post till july 10th saying it was preparing to be shipped to its destination on the 12th then on the 13th the tracking info changed and said it was going to be leaving hk and nothing since then and no updates on the tracking.

Ive ordered stuff thats gone the slow route many times before and never had a 2 week gap in the time it leaves the origin country till the time it gets in to US customs which never takes more then 72 hours to go threw us customs being they only hold stuff up to a max of 72 hours and then they have to let it go threw even with out inspecting it.

I'd even of been willing to pay as much or more then a real dji battery is someone was ever making one that was not as much of a POS as the dji ones are. esp if it was from a place that actually also would actually ship it in a manor that it arrived without getting confiscated.

LiPo batteries out of China will take time. To Europe 4-6 weeks. They can no longer be shipped by air mail, so its by ship or road. A distributer locally would be the way to go.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18