Phantom 2 battery clone

Finally got mine too, i ordered on july 14th, was shipped on the 23 rd of july and 27 days later is here, i better start odering a new one so it will be here by christmas, lol

Sana

Ordered mine on June 23rd, shipped on the 25th. Because I was getting too close to the PayPal 45 days, asked for my refund and PP stated today I will get my $$$$ back in a few days. Bummer, I really wanted that battery. Must have been confiscated during shipment.

First post since I received a pleasant surprise and had to report it.

Placed my order on 15th July. Received shipping notification on 27th July with a non-working tracking code.

Received item 20th August BUT, surprise surprise, instead of the two batteries I ordered I received four batteries instead. Made me double check my order too, two is what I paid for.

NukeRC's fulfillment needs some serious work.

nshon,

Those two extras were mine, which I ordered June 16th and 19th. I will PM you my address so you can send mine to me. :)

Kelly

Had my first flight with nuke rc battery, and everything seemed fine, only strange thing is when i check the voltage on my goggles it said 12.6v a little higher than original batteries

Sana

nshon said:
First post since I received a pleasant surprise and had to report it.

Placed my order on 15th July. Received shipping notification on 27th July with a non-working tracking code.

Received item 20th August BUT, surprise surprise, instead of the two batteries I ordered I received four batteries instead. Made me double check my order too, two is what I paid for.

NukeRC's fulfillment needs some serious work.
I would consider buying one from you if you were in the USA. You got four and I can't even get one. Must have been confiscated.

Well, this Nuke battery goes from bad to worse. As stated, time was about to expire with PayPal so I asked for and received my refund on Thursday. Then I ordered the hundred dollar plus from Amazon. That will show up Wednesday. So what happens today? USPS rings my door bell with the Nuke battery! Postage shows it was actually shipped July 7th and not June 25th. I really did not want to spend that much at this time, but, oh well, three batteries will be nice. Make that TWO batteries! Because everyone else got a good Nuke battery. I did not! It will not slide all the way in and lock in place. I will work on it and see IF it can be "adjusted" to fit. We will have to find out.
What a freaking nightmare just to get a battery! :x

I see Banggood have clone batteries at a good price, however one of the comments says you go through the order process and after payment is made it say it is a back order not in stock!
You would think sooner or later there must be a usable clone widely available for this stupidly expensive battery - needs to be under half the price from DJI.

UPDATE:
If you place the battery on a table with the face with lights and push button down, slowly tip the battery away from you, I see that the main power connector (black) is protruding above the white plastic. Or sticks out too far. That makes it hit the plastic that holds the contacts inside the Phantom and keeps the battery from locking in place.
#&%$*&@@#$, I have to get a bad one!
Will keep checking on it. :x

Today I was waiting on the mailman to bring a package no one was home to sign for the other day. But it turned out it was the nukerc battery that I gave up ever hoping to see esp after the post office said a few weeks ago that if it had been shipped when it said it was shipped. and that it was either lost in transit or didnt make it threw customs in hk. IE confiscated.

But even tho it took 2 months to get here and the shipping label shows they paid out the nose to have it shipped the slowest route possible. Which still says airmail on the label. But if it really went by air thats some slow air travel.

Any way have not gotten to fly it yet. But visually there is no discernible difference as far as I can tell by comparing it side by side to a DJI battery with the rd data pin contacts other then the printing on the battery saying 5400Mah instead of 5200Mah. They seem very hard to even tell them apart. Visually its an exact clone in every way that I can see. I noticed tho that even in the naza the battery was only saying its a 5200Mah.

J.James said:
.......But visually there is no discernible difference as far as I can tell by comparing it side by side to a DJI battery with the rd data pin contacts other then the printing on the battery saying 5400Mah instead of 5200Mah.
Happy to read you got a good one. Wish I would have.

After checking this is what I ended up with. I will call it the battery cap. That is the end that has the start up button and lights. Mine was very loose and wiggled out of the box. Looking it over, one pin that holds it in place was bent crooked and one was missing. The battery case close to this end cap was a few thousands of an inch thicker. This made the battery fit REAL tight. It would not insert fully because the black plastic part that holds the contacts, was sticking out too far. My good battery, it is flush with the white plastic. By putting a clamp on it I was able to push it in a small amount. The rest needed scraping off with a sharp knife. With that in place, the battery would fit all the way in. It is so tight attempts to remove it were almost impossible. In fact the battery cap came off while pulling. With a little scraping of a small area of the case I could get the battery to fit and with the front arms between my legs and a pair of channel lock pliers, it can be removed. Being so tight, I am not going to worry about it falling out with the cap not in place. Only problem there is I have to push the micro switch with a plastic stylus to start the battery. Charged full and took it for a flight around my yard. Battery works OK.
So I guess I will use it as my third or last battery if I want to fly for that long and pull it when I get home.
It must of been one that a worker in quality control told his boss it was a bad battery and he stated, "Get it in a box and ship it." It never should have left the factory. :(

In regards to the cap I was expecting the cap to be lose on the one I got after seeing a few people that did get them. But seems I lucked out Cause I cant even pull the cap off on mine. But I did notice it was a tite fit when it was in the phantom. I also noticed my newer DJI batterys also seem to fit a lot tighter and snugg then the older DJI battery's with the round contact pads seemed to of

I received my two batteries that I ordered. One of them has several broken clips and the cap is not secure on the battery. Since it is the cap the clips in the quadcopter I am not going to risk using this one. You can see the photos here and see the differences in the original and the two new ones. I have requested a refund for the one battery with no response. We will see how good they are with customer service since they seem to be hit and miss with their quality control.

Attachments

• missing clip 1.jpg
    missing clip 1.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 451
  • missing clip 2.jpg
    missing clip 2.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 481
  • missing clip 3.jpg
    missing clip 3.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 501
Soooo, someone else got a bad one just like mine. Bummer.
Mine fit so tight in the quad without the cap on the end it will never fall out. Since the battery works and shipping it back would cost far too much money, I just kept mine. May consider some good strong glue and keep the cap on that way.
Nuke quality control.......

Happyflyer said:
Mine fit so tight in the quad without the cap on the end it will never fall out.

Sound like my battery, I have had a hard time to get it out of the Phantom. The only difference is that is´s the original DJI battery that came with the Phantom... :roll:

From the way them tabs look it looks as if some one prayed them open and took to tops off. Cause thats just how they looked on my bad di battery that I dissected. and then it would not go back together to well with out a few drops of glue to hold the front back on again.

pert said:
ever ordered batts from hobby king? same dumb *** shipping, grey. you know what that means,??? under handed. these batts are put on passenger flights, and fly around the world to ports that don't give 2 fox about laws. but if you don't mind waiting or knowing your batts on a passenger jet ;) shut up and wait :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Is that why several batteries have been in Sweden? :roll:

:lol:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl