Phantom 2 battery clone

They do look very similar down to the model number which is one digit off from the factory one.
I would think that it may be from the original mfg of the battery fro DJI. It is 200 more mah which may be why the model number is slightly different.

I may just order one as they probably can't be any worse than the factory one that are just quitting and cause P2's to fall out of the sky at an alarming rate.

Tom

tom3holer said:
They do look very similar down to the model number which is one digit off from the factory one.
I would think that it may be from the original mfg of the battery fro DJI. It is 200 more mah which may be why the model number is slightly different.

I may just order one as they probably can't be any worse than the factory one that are just quitting and cause P2's to fall out of the sky at an alarming rate.

Tom

OK I will be the guinea pig. Just ordered one came to $89 with shipping.

Tom

I would fly no higher than 3 feet with out gimbal for a week before trusting a clone battery.

KG4MXV said:
I would fly no higher than 3 feet with out gimbal for a week before trusting a clone battery.

In addition, recall the banggood battery cut power completely when 100% throttle was applied. So even if things work well in a low-power hover, that's no guarantee that the battery is good, and sadly there's now precedent that demonstrates some critical failures will manifest only when you need control the most! Take as much extra caution as you can afford with untested clone batteries!

4wd said:
ElGuano said:
KG4MXV said:
sadly there's now precedent that demonstrates some critical failures will manifest only when you need control the most!

So, rather like the DJI ones! :D

One big difference is that DJI is replacing batteries and Phantoms affected by genuine battery cutouts. I'm pretty sure a crash caused by a 3rd party clone battery isn't going to be supported by DJI.

As to the point about the battery technology itself, while I really like the P2, I personally prefer simpler power systems. That's why I like the standard lipo setup on my P1 :)

ElGuano said:
As to the point about the battery technology itself, while I really like the P2, I personally prefer simpler power systems. That's why I like the standard lipo setup on my P1 :)
I like where smarter batteries are heading. Dangling balance leads and power connections are generic. If only a consortium would standardize the physical construct for smart/modular batteries. Especially for the UAV industry that is YET to unfold.

I wrote to them, asking/

1) what kind of guarantee do they offer ( battery failure? )
2) what insurance they have ( if my phantom crashes, due to battery failure )
3) where were they manufactures
4) any literature on tests made by them?

This was their reply:

Hi Jerry,

I really understand your concerns, the Banggood batteries do have a bad
history and they reflect poorly on our Clones but I can assure you these
are from a completely different supplier, the same supplier actually OEM's
for some famous battery brands...

I have visited this battery supplier and flew their P2 with latest
firmware and there was no problems, in meantime I have sent several
samples to people for review so when the samples arrive to them in the
next 1-2weeks then we will start to see the positive results and people
can start to trust these batteries from us.

Because this product is so new and needs a following I can supply you a
$10 off coupon to you on your checkout if you are interested, just enter
this code on the checkout page and apply it;

( code deleted ) by me. Sorry!
( don't want to upset people who already purchased at
Full price! )

Thanks!

I wrote back, they are sending me a battery.
I plan to test the HELL out of it, tethered of coarse!
I'll keep you informed, but they sound legit, SAME MANUFACTURER AS ORIGINAL BATTERIES !
Looking good so far! Can't wait!

Take care , Fly safe!

I looked at it very carefully on their website and it indeed sure looks like it did come from the OEM for them although he didn't actually say that in the response.

Tom

I'm also looking forward to hearing more about this.

Hi Everyone! Batteries are moving out quickly, get some before we run out of the first batch.

We did have a small snag on the first shipment out to customers, Li-po's are the most difficult thing to ship from China, so now we have a newly established and proven shipping channel through our vendor, all customers will be receiving their batteries in this coming week.

The People will soon have a good battery that doesn't cost $160usd, and that won't crap out on you like those b*nggood ones.

:p

I ordered one the other day.... Hell, its cheaper than the bang good ones which seem to be on perpetual eternal back order.
I got a shipping confirmation yesterday or the day before(still no tracking info), so we will see how long it takes to make it to the US. Too bad I didn't send the company a email with some of the questions I have, I would have saved more $$... Oh well, This approach seems to be easier than trying to get DJI to answer emails, or god forbid the phone, to discuss the budding battery/auto descend issue.
At least the Nuke people seem to speak and write english as a primary language, so maybe phone support will not be "Thank you for patiently waiting".

fingers crossed

I'd say by that dji review alone they worked just fine but they just don't want to admit it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31