Phantom 2 battery clone

LiPo batteries out of China will take time. To Europe 4-6 weeks. They can no longer be shipped by air mail, so its by ship or road. A distributor locally would be the way to go.

That would be great even if they chose to ship it the slow but legal way..... cept for nukerc instead of shipping the proper legal way claims they ship them "gray market" with no regard to the fact that HK post is even actively looking for any one trying to ship them by disgusting them as not being lithos and trying to sneek them threw. They even are using computer x ray scams to find and flag any thing that even looks like it could be a litho battery. Which works sort of like facial recognition but for shapes of every thing in the computers data base thats shaped like any thing they ever caught before. all it takes is for one to battery shaped like theirs and then its in the date base. and the computer unlike a person that can make mistakes or get lazy and miss some thing the computer x rays will flag any thing like it after its in the shapes data base.

If they just shipped it the slow but legal way at least they would all for sure make it to were they are heading all tho slow to get there.

NukeRC should line up regional distributors... rapidly.

One fact remains:

• Without NukeRC taking a big financial risk to come up with an alternate battery, DJI would not have slashed the price of their battery. So for the ones still waiting on your battery, your early adoption helped make that possible.

I've been talking to David at Nuckerc for some time now and he told me that the PH2 batteries were not even in stock on the 14/7/14,he told me they would be up on the website with in 2/3 days and if I wanted to I could order them now,so like an idiot I placed my order for two batteries on the date shown,he put them up on his website on the 14/7/14 for a few hours and then took them down again,so as I could put my order in and then he added them back to his website a little while after that date,so anyone who ordered them on the 14/7/14 they were not even in stock then,i'm thinking all he does is drop ship these batteries and when i've asked him if this is what he does he never gives me a straight answer,anyways i've been sending him emails after emails asking for a tracking number after my order went through,i got my tracking number on the 23/7/14 with a little note at the bottom saying wait at a week before the tracking number goes live,well a week is up and still not working,after reading all the posts in this thread i'm guessing i'll get another tracking number that might work a bit later but who knows apart from David,who reads and post on these threads as most of you know,he's not answering my emails anymore so I thought i'd post here hoping that might prompt him into at least replying to me here or answer my emails again before I place a PayPal dispute.

For the people who say why are we even buying these batteries when you can buy a DJI battery for a few dollars more,well this is the cheapest price we can buy a DJI battery in the UK £100 and up to £120,Nukerc are selling them for around £45 and that's just under half price,so I thought i'd buy two Nukerc batteries for the price of one DJI PH2 battery,after all the head aches and the long wait and the silly games David plays with his emails and such is it really worth it,at this point in time I'd say no it isn't and if I had the choice again no way would I go through all this again,i'd also warn others to think very carefully before ordering batteries off of this guy,who like to claim he is sticking it to the man (Which is on his website for all to see) but it feels more like he is sticking it to us the DJI PH2 fliers. :roll:

I''ll also be letting others know on other forums the head you have to go through to try and get these batteries,because that's all i've had is head aches and they aren't even here yet,i'm hoping they will turn up before our short flying season is over or at least get my money back so I can buy another DJI battery. :evil:

I been thinking about how he supposedly had the first batch of 200 some thing battery's sell out of stock then a second batch and never even shipped any that he did ship till a few weeks after the 3r batch was said to be in stock. So if any thing he did not put up or risk any of his own money and if he did even risk any money he risked the money to put up a web site and start selling product he did not have on hand and maybe then he used the money ALL OF US PUT UP AND RISKED taking a chance on by ordering his battery's that are more then likely from some place that already is making them.

I have some contacts in china and I know from havering things custom make for me in the past that there are places in china that will make any thing some one wants and even will make them at what ever quality level some one wants as long as they are willing to request it be made right and willing to pay a tiny bit more to have it done to the specifications some one wants. unlike the junk most people are used to and come to think is the norm for any thing made in china when really the junk we see for sale over in the states and else were is because the buyer wanted the cheapest piece of junk they could get for the lowest price possible. But I'm thinking there could still be a good opportunity to maybe fill the nitch for a suitable replacement battery for DJI and have them shipped in bulk to the states then shipped out to customers. were they could get them in a reasonable amount of time. at a reasonable cost to the customer and still be able to still allow a good enough profit to still make it worth while to do with out cutting ones own throat. and also be able to have the battery be at least as good if not better then DJIs not so high quality POS battery's. I know at least in regards to me wanting to try one of these nuke rc battery's even tho the lower cost was a good sale point to me. The hope that it was really going to be better then one of the crappy DJI battery was the real clincher for me. The thought of risking flying my expensive p2v with one of the dji battery's makes me nervis as hell. because they suck so bad and I still believe any one that hasn't had a problem with one YET is just because the yet part just didnt happen to them YET.

I've offered to NukeRC weeks ago to become a USA reseller.
All he needs to do is tune up his discount pricing.
(It would take over a month to ship a bulk quantity of nuke battery's to the USA; expensive shipping costs and financial transaction fees too. Not to mention reseller risks if DJI further reduces their battery price and resellers also dealing with yet-unknown customer return issues.)

Hopefully he can strike a deal with someone soon in the USA and Europe.

I'd say he is stressed with production details, numerous in-coming emails, and this grey shipping snag.

As for Nuke's battery:

• It is still working good for me but it will be a while before any of us to accumulate enough charge/discharge cycles to know longevity. If the same as DJI then still good.

As most of us know Hong Kong/China has stopped lipos from being shipped on transport planes for what ever reason,so i'm betting our lipos are being shipped by container ships,that's the only reason I can think of why they are STILL taking so long for us to receive them and maybe because of drop shipping selling. :roll:

Oh I also got a reply off of David after I told him that I had posted on here and i'd be posting on other well known forums in the USA and UK,so that seemed to of woke him up a little into answering near enough straight away,no matter how many emails he might be getting he is still answering the ones he wants to at the end of the day because the one i sent him saying I would be doing a PayPal dispute never got an answer or the one before that.

Here is the reply.

Your tracking number wont be valid until it is about half-way through its
Journey, your package was sent on the 22'nd and it takes about 10 working
days for it to validate . Check our shipping details blog;
http://nukerc.com/blog/cat/new/post/we_kick_arse/

Thanks,

So the postal times have now jumped up to 20 days instead of 10/15 (20/30+ i'm betting),on that I like to add that I spoke to him about this thread way before i'd even brought my two batteries,asking why people are saying the shipping times can be double what you advertise,to which he said something on the lines of,there was some trouble with shipping lipos out of Asia back then and it's all been dealt with now and we are also using a better express postal service/system,again an out and out lie if not why are we waiting just as long as the others did?

Your welcome to jump in here any time you like David as I know you like to monitor theses threads as i've seen you post here before,i've got most if not all my emails from you Nukerc in case I needed them for Paypal or for threads like this. ;)

Good luck to anyone who wants to be a reseller of this guys batteries as I bet you would be getting the same run around as we have been getting,you might be better off just finding the factory or the people who are making the batteries in the first place as I still say David/Nukerc is drop shipping these,you would be cutting out the middle man and making a better profit if you did,it's not as hard as you might think to find out the people who are making these. ;)

Why risk your whole setup to save a few pounds or dollars? I haven't long owned a P2 with FPV setup but can see straight away saving money this way isn't worth it.

freefall101 said:
Why risk your whole setup to save a few pounds or dollars? I haven't long owned a P2 with FPV setup but can see straight away saving money this way isn't worth it.
That assumes there is a reliability difference between DJI and NukeRC. I hear the price difference between them is larger in the UK and Europe.

Shipping/availability issues obviously a non-related issue.

----------------

So far.. my NukeRC battery looks, feels, and performs just like the DJI battery. After a flight, they feel about the same temperature.

I feel its already a huge risk to risk ones valuable set up to one of the already very crappy DJI battery's as it is and any battery that promised to not have the same flaws that are inherent to many many many of the original dji battery's if one of these clone battery's were as good as they claim then it would be a better thing even if they were the exact same price.

I hate knowing every time I fly I am putting my hopes in to the DJI battery's that are prone to fail and any flight could very well be the one that it decides to flake out and crash my vision.

I have a DJI battery that has never even gotten one flight out of it cause it was faulty right out of the box and has never once taken a proper charge. So it was $159 for a fancy paper weight with leds and I have a new one that is not flaky yet. But thats just a yet thing and yet just didnt happen yet. Tho I'm sure it will being dji made some changed to it but none of the changes they made had any thing to do with what the real problem and flaws were caused by SO the changes they made to the 'new" designed battery will not stop them from flaking out when they decide to crap out At least the changes that can be seen and that they have said they made ) Unless they actually also made some changes to them that they didn't announce and actually finely understood exactly what is wrong with the battery's they are going to be just as pron to having the same problems. The only thing they claim to of changed was the shape of the 2 contact pads from being round to being square and the shapes of the pads is not why the internal charger likes to kill cells in the battery and the contact pins could care less if the pads they touch are square round or even if they were triangles. They still are at the same distance from the contact point and arnt raised up any to give them any more pressure against the contact pins to make any difference. The metal is still the same and just as pron to also building an oxide layer on them as they age just as fast as if they were round.

J.James said:

I feel its already a huge risk to risk ones valuable set up to one of the already very crappy DJI battery's as it is and any battery that promised to not have the same flaws that are inherent to many many many of the original dji battery's if one of these clone battery's were as good as they claim then it would be a better thing even if they were the exact same price.

I hate knowing every time I fly I am putting my hopes in to the DJI battery's that are prone to fail and any flight could very well be the one that it decides to flake out and crash my vision.

I have a DJI battery that has never even gotten one flight out of it cause it was faulty right out of the box and has never once taken a proper charge. So it was $159 for a fancy paper weight with leds and I have a new one that is not flaky yet. But thats just a yet thing and yet just didnt happen yet. Tho I'm sure it will being dji made some changed to it but none of the changes they made had any thing to do with what the real problem and flaws were caused by SO the changes they made to the 'new" designed battery will not stop them from flaking out when they decide to crap out At least the changes that can be seen and that they have said they made ) Unless they actually also made some changes to them that they didn't announce and actually finely understood exactly what is wrong with the battery's they are going to be just as pron to having the same problems. The only thing they claim to of changed was the shape of the 2 contact pads from being round to being square and the shapes of the pads is not why the internal charger likes to kill cells in the battery and the contact pins could care less if the pads they touch are square round or even if they were triangles. They still are at the same distance from the contact point and arnt raised up any to give them any more pressure against the contact pins to make any difference. The metal is still the same and just as pron to also building an oxide layer on them as they age just as fast as if they were round.

can't you just RMA your faulty DJI battery?

can't you just RMA your faulty DJI battery?
NOT inless dji would replace it for me. The dealer I got it from was not an authorized dji dealer and also a crook to begin with and would not let me return it to them and tried saying they had a no return policy and even tried being an *** when I said I would dispute the charge and they basically tried saying they didn't have any thing to worry about cause they thought paypals buyer and sellers protection some how would cover them selling junk. They quickly tho found out thats not how it works. and they also got real mad when paypal said i didn't have to even send it back Cause the selling wanted to still try and sell it again. But if I cant get it replaced I'm not really out any thing now and if I could still swap it for another that would be great but. DJI would still only be swapping it with another dji battery so even if it was not one that was crappy right out of the box it would still be a dji battery any way.

I also ended up dissecting it figuring Its toast anyway so not any thing to lose if I could not figure out what the problem is and what the cure is. So I think Im just going to keep it being the problem is fixable and individually charging the cells fixed the problem with it not taking a charge. BUT I ended up damaging the balance plug inside when putting it back together. and am waiting to find out what type of plug it is that they use so I can order new plug ends and make a custom adapter cable for it to solve the cell balance issue caused by the internal charge circuit not properly charging or balancing the cells and then the internal protection circuit cuts the cells off once they dont charge right. Also if I can make a custom wire for the internal balance to also be able to plug in to a normal lipo balance it will be that much better of a battery that can also be charged with a normal lipo balance charger and still also be able to be charged with the stock charger to.

Well, what a bummer. My order was placed late June and Hong Kong post says it left there 10 days ago. USPS states it is in pre-ship state. Since my 45 paypal days are getting close, I will be forced to file a claim Monday. I will have to agree with many here that it is not worth the wait for something that may never arrive.

I filed PayPal claims against NukeRC on the two batteries I ordered mid June. They never arrived. I highly recommend no one order anything from NukeRC unless some high quality batteries suddenly start arriving in droves.

Kelly

garrock said:
J.James said:
I also ended up dissecting it figuring Its toast anyway ...
Can you send detailed pics of the internal construction ? ... such as the circuit board and hookup

Google it.

It's been done before and documented.

LittleKway said:
These RCNuke batteries are just fine, I am very happy.
I would be happy also if it arrived and worked OK. Lucky you.
I filed my claim with PayPal today and was not totally satisfied with their response. PP stated it could take 30 days to come up with any info. The bad part about their statement was that they would attempt to get a refund from the seller. That almost looks to me if the seller says, "Too bad, your loss" I get screwed. Maybe it won't be that bad, but......?

Well paypal "should" be able to recover the money or they will pay it unless he already scammed $25,000 or which is the total limit that paypal will cover. and put the person in a negative balance.

Best bet is to also file a charge back with your card co being they will just take the money back from paypal regardless of paypals policy esp being he did not not send them nore did they arrive for paypal to even being able to fight the charge back.

That is a good thought, J.James

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart