Phantom 2 battery clone

vtpilot1 said:
I'd say by that dji review alone they worked just fine but they just don't want to admit it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
It does read like they are reaching to find problems

This was posted on FB, enjoy;

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BfCUqOrp8U[/youtube]

+999

I will be passing that video around, as soon as I successfully test my forthcoming NukeRC battery.

Kelly

That video has been played time and time again, only the sub-titles have changed!
This one is pretty funny though!( I have to admit )

Go to YouTube, and search ( Hitler finds out )
There are at least 40 of them, same exact clip,
With different sub-titles!

I also ordered a battery from them. If you email them, they'll give you a 10% off coupon code!
EVEN CHEAPER YET!

I'm going to perform my own tests, regardless what anyone says!
Even if it is a price of crap, it no loss at $70!
( will perform my tests with phantom attatched to my bench vice!
I will post my findings! ( when I can )

Take care, fly safe!

J Dot said:
That video has been played time and time again, only the sub-titles have changed!
This one is pretty funny though!( I have to admit )
If someone started a "best of hitler" sub-title contest, I think this one would have a good chance of winning.

It leaves you wanting buy Nuke RC battery's to encourage the underdog to strive harder... LOL.

Yeah that hitler vid has been done to death but that one is AMAZING. Haha, DJI must be hating this so much :D

I have never seen the Hitler clip (or the movie it's excerpted from) so I am pleased it was in the anti-DJI context that I enjoyed it first. Gets my academy vote for Best Short Attacking Poor Customer Support. Well done NukeR.

Kelly

Typical on-line social behavior...

From Wiki:

"Godwin's law (or Godwin's Rule of Nazi Analogies)[1][2] is an Internet adage asserting that "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1" [2][3]—​ that is, if an online discussion (regardless of topic or scope) goes on long enough, sooner or later someone will compare someone or something to Hitler or Nazism.

Promulgated by American attorney and author Mike Godwin in 1990,[2] Godwin's Law originally referred, specifically, to Usenet newsgroup discussions.[4] It is now applied to any threaded online discussion, such as Internet forums, chat rooms and blog comment threads, as well as to speeches, articles and other rhetoric.[5][6]

In 2012, "Godwin's Law" became an entry in the third edition of the Oxford English Dictionary.[7]"

Although an interesting human phenomena, I don't think the usage of the Hilter video clip qualify's as a real Godwin's law thing.

It is plain old satirical humor.... LMAO.

Eventually you drive your car long enough your going to get a flat tire... When someone make's a political point they are probably going to chose a extreme figure everyone can relate with... Oxford just added Miley Cyrus "twerking" to the dictionary, doesn't make it right...

Our M.O. is "Stickin' it to the Man", Nuke Rc follower's are not the most Politically correct.

The bottomline is Nuke Rc is leading the resistance from overpriced Corporate RC suppliers, you can read our about us. http://nukerc.com/about-us

garrock said:
Although an interesting human phenomena, I don't think the usage of the Hilter video clip qualify's as a real Godwin's law thing.

It is plain old satirical humor.... LMAO.

Meh, TEHO.

BTW: I do not find any Hitler reference, aside from a historical context, humorous.... again TEHO.

Nuke Rc is the Anarchy of RC, so of course a overpriced product like the Original DJI Phantom 2 Battery that sells for $160usd would receive some attention if it was cloned and sold for half the price. Thats why DJI released a press report yesterday regarding our Batteries.
http://www.dji.com/info/news/dji-unoffi ... es-warning

DJI_official_battery_report1.jpg

We wanted to get into the nitty gritty and release our own "Official" report to help the customer decipher and better understand DJI's true message behind their poorly written Press release that is based on opinion rather than factual data. They practically endorsed using our Batteries.
http://nukerc.com/blog/cat/new/post/DJI ... says_good/

Nuke Rc is happy to make this beautiful hobby a little bit more affordable for the common people. Customers have now started to receive their Batteries and are reporting good feedback. View our Phantom 2 Battery Clone for $72.99, here;
http://nukerc.com/phantom-2-clone-li-po-battery.html

DJI's Official Report Findings and our Replies:

1. "Low Quality, non-Fireproof Shell Casing"
- Does DJI have some alien plastic technology that does not melt in a fire?

2. "Weak Plastics that bend and snap easily."
- Everyone knows now DJI has Alien plastic technology that doesn't melt in a fire, but now they are saying their plastic also doesn't bend or snap easily in a crash either? Wow sign me up! :)

3. "Battery shell does not indicate Factory of Manufacture."
- Of course it doesn't, it's a Clone. C-L-O-N-E

4. "Uncertified, possibly low cost internal and external components despite not claiming that batteries are certified."
- I think they are trying to insinuate that we "possibly" use cheap IC components. Last time I checked a resistor is a resistor...

5. "Low quality connectors and construction."
- Kind of a repeat from #4, but I'll still answer it... Construction and Connectors is same design as yours. You say this like people are not having connector issues with your Original... I made sure our Factory used equivalent or higher quality connectors.

6. "Manufacturing faults and shortcuts that can at best cause breakage and at worst lead to an explosion."
- Let's get DJI users scared and say the "explosion" word, good job... Our Circuitry design is the same as yours, so your Batteries would theoretically "explode" too?

I wanted save the best for last and show what everyone is saying on the web and a funny video from a Customer, enjoy;

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BfCUqOrp8U[/youtube]

Here is what some users said on DJI's Facebook page;...
What_people_think_of_DJI.jpg

nukerc said:
....Customers have now started to receive their Batteries and are reporting good feedback....

What exactly are your customers saying? I posted a comment on your NukeRC blog, asking you for the weight of the battery and if it is warrantied. You replied without answering those questions.

We're hearing a lot of chest-beating from NukeRC but not much else.... :roll:

I Would love to report on the Nuke battery, but it has not arrived yet.....
I am waiting for it to show up so I can send two batteries back to DJI, who .... get this..... is replacing them under warranty..... I even have a RMA #... yes, I did play the lottery the same day......
Stay tuned...

Hey Nuke, any thoughts about stocking them somewhere in the US ???

Hey NUKE RC

Any chance of a picture showing the data pin connections please.

Hey DJI

WTR to the picture of the mangled clone battery you released, the test would be more convincing if you had done the following.

1. Describe in detail the tests that you conducted and where not obvious, how they effect the operation of the battery and Phantom.
2. Video the test that resulted in the mangled clone battery above.
3. Conduct and video the same test on a DJI battery and publish a picture of that.
4. Demonstrate that the genuine battery still continued to work over multiple cycles after those same tests that allegedly destroyed the clone (if it doesn't work, their point is moot whether it is intact or not).
5. Crash 2 Phantoms with both batteries in. I suggest that the Phantom shell will provide more protection than the battery case offers in most cases and If the Phantom is U/S, what use is the battery anyway. (Would you risk using it in your new replacement Phantom?)
6. Offer by way of a recall notice to replace FOC any Phantom batteries that can be demonstrated to have a significant cell imbalance that have less than 150 cycles on them in the NAZA assistant.
7. Offer to replace any old style Phantom batteries FOC that have the small round data pin connection that have signs of significant wear, arcing or pin misalignment that have less than 150 cycles on them.

If they are not willing to do any of the above, claims of poor clone battery quality and warranty issues are meaningless.

Come on DJI. Step up to the plate and show us how confident you really are that your batteries are so much better than the cheaper alternatives, not just a picture of a battery you have torn apart, I could do that to a DJI battery if I had the desire to.

tonym206 said:
So can anyone report back on how the NukeRC batteries are working out?
Well, no because Nukerc just talks and appears to do little on SHIPPING THE ITEM.
So, Nukerc, what is taking so long to get your wonderful batteries shipped?
Well, I will give them another week for tracking to show something and then I will check with paypal for a scam refund and let them deal with China.

Happyflyer said:
tonym206 said:
So can anyone report back on how the NukeRC batteries are working out?
Well, no because Nukerc just talks and appears to do little on SHIPPING THE ITEM.
So, Nukerc, what is taking so long to get your wonderful batteries shipped?
Well, I will give them another week for tracking to show something and then I will check with paypal for a scam refund and let them deal with China.
--------

@HappyFlyer, you just said in another Forum on the 26th you have received your confirmation that your package has indeed arrived the States and will soon be arriving to you in a couple days. As I have said before your tracking number will only be vaild on it's last-leg of its destination. You can read more about how we economically ship batteries on our blog page; http://nukerc.com/blog/cat/new/post/we_kick_arse/

Happyflyer said:
I got a tracking number in a couple of days. Just checked and it has cleared sorting in Shenzhen. Other shipments, I wait for about a week after this notice and it gets to Chicago next, then to my house. Takes time to get stuff from China unless you pay UPS or FedEx big bucks.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl