P3 Firmware v1.7.0060

We do know for sure that both methods stop the motors.
As for CSC, startup was the same but on the ground to shut off, CSC no longer stopped it. Thankfully, left stick down still works which I need for hand catching.
Now it is reported - at least on the ground - that the old CSC does NOT stop the motors anymore. I'd have to assume the old CSC wont stop in the air either.
One person says that the old CSC still stops the motors and one person says that the old CSC no longer stops the motors.

Any tie breaking votes?

Reactions: curiosity
No Thanks.

After "f****" with 1.4fw drifting i stop with this nonsense updates.
Anyone confirm this?:

foewsw.jpg

How wait, isn`t on the "compass" stuff update...

Gotta love DJI......worse and worse.....:rolleyes:

If you are asking about blocking non-OEM batteries, then yes there have been threads about it in the last week or so. It started on March 7th with an Android app update, and came to iOS a day or two ago with the new iOS app. From what I've read it is confirmed, though I have also read that the non-OEM battery manufacturers may be updating their firmware to bypass the DJI lock out.
gO aPP 2.6.1 WARNING!!

Last edited:
No wonder that Apple and DJI are working together now. This type of BS is so Cupertino like it hurts.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

It reminds me of Google always blocking and being a pain with Windows Phone. E.g. Only blocking YouTube which was way better than the android version.

I will update when I get home as I am a idiot and always rush in when anything new update is released.

Now it is reported - at least on the ground - that the old CSC does NOT stop the motors anymore. I'd have to assume the old CSC wont stop in the air either.
One person says that the old CSC still stops the motors and one person says that the old CSC no longer stops the motors.

Any tie breaking votes?

It is dark here, but I just took one of my P3Ps outside again, powered it up with CSC, stopped it with CSC, powered it up with CSC and powered it down with the new method. I then powered it up, and stopped it with left stick down.

No questions or tie breaks required.

It does NOT power up with the new method. Instead it beeps at you.

ETA:- I did all the tests again, without the iPad connected. Same results.

Last edited:
It is dark here, but I just took one of my P3Ps outside again, powered it up with CSC, stopped it with CSC, powered it up with CSC and powered it down with the new method. I then powered it up, and stopped it with left stick down.

No questions or tie breaks required.

It does NOT power up with the new method. Instead it beeps at you.
Thanks again sir.

As for CSC, startup was the same but on the ground to shut off, CSC no longer stopped it. Thankfully, left stick down still works which I need for hand catching.
@bighi - fyi that the old CSC does still stop the motors.

Ok so someone who has updated. Can you post a screen shot of your DjiGO app so we can see what the updated version numbers should look like? Kthxbye

Ok so someone who has updated. Can you post a screen shot of your DjiGO app so we can see what the updated version numbers should look like? Kthxbye
Why?

Because I updated and it doesn't say 1.7 it says 1.6.4+ wondering if that is right. All indications say it is, just wanted to verify.

Because I updated and it doesn't say 1.7 it says 1.6.4+ wondering if that is right. All indications say it is, just wanted to verify.
Mine shows App - 2.7.1 (edited to show .1)
A/C - 1.7.60
RC - 1.5.80

I have the P3P.

Do you have a professional or advanced? I seem to recall that the version numbers differed slightly between them?

Last edited:
So I guess I'm the pathetic newbie you are referring to? FWIW I fly extensively nearby, it would just be nice if it would actually fly at home. Thought I'd try to have a polite discussion but that may not be possible on this forum. Nice to meet you flyNfrank...
Come on now, i think you took that personal and it wasn't meant to be from Frank! It sounded to me like he was almost commiserating[emoji41]

Could it be different between iOS and Android?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
That difference only applies to the GO app.

Over at DJI forum, lot of people complaining about 3rd party batteries not working. Won't let you take off.
Apparently, DJI has encoded in the GO app that if you are not using a genuine DJI battery, you can't fly.

hxxt://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=44438&page=1#pid343379

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT