P3 Firmware v1.7.0060

ok. So summarizing should I do update my P3P or not? Im using only DJI battery, Im flying on Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (so it's android). What You suggest? Im using only DJI GO app for flying.

ok. So summarizing should I do update my P3P or not? Im using only DJI battery, Im flying on Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (so it's android). What You suggest? Im using only DJI GO app for flying.

If you aren't encountering any issues that the new firmware fixes, I would hold off for a few days or even weeks until additional testing is complete by early adopters.

Reactions: curiosity
Just updated the quad with 1.7.0060 and the RC with 1.5.8 and I flew using the new DJI Go update. Everything seems to be working batter than before. I was having a lot of issues with my video feed, I would get the no signal bar along the top but I still had full control of my quad. Took it out today after the updates and flew it and I didn't lose signal one time.

Well, I got bored after work and upgraded everything.

GO has a slightly different UI, still have my 32 channel hack (or maybe the new version changed it back to 32?)

RC and P3 updated without any issues on the first try.

Did a cold IMU cal, gimble cal, and RC stick cal.

I did NOT do a compass recal because I would've had to hop in my car and go down to my special cornfield to get an "interference-free" calibration. Plus, the values looked spot on. But, I'll do it this weekend just to be safe.

Flew a quick 9 minute flight around my neighborhood and happy to report nothing has changed. No noticeable difference in flight characteristics or response to inputs. I didn't try the new CSC commands when I landed. Whatev.

IMO, it's not a 'must have' update by any means.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Just managed to update my advance remote to 1.5.80 and now showing a/c 1.7.60 all good now

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

How did you 'manage to update your remote?' Thanks for any details? I have a P3P and I upgraded to the newest but my app shows the old firmware. I tried going back to the 1.6 firmware and reapplying the 1.7 but no luck there either. My remote says its on the previous version too.

How did you 'manage to update your remote?' Thanks for any details? I have a P3P and I upgraded to the newest but my app shows the old firmware. I tried going back to the 1.6 firmware and reapplying the 1.7 but no luck there either. My remote says its on the previous version too.

Nevermind, I just restarted my iPad and its showing an update for my remote now.

Mine shows App - 2.7.0
A/C - 1.7.60
RC - 1.5.80

I have the P3P.

Do you have a professional or advanced? I seem to recall that the version numbers differed slightly between them?
Do you have RC 1.5.80?

I upgraded my P3A first. Verified it was successful via the TXT file. Then I powered on my RC, the bird and as soon as I opened GO it prompted me to "Update RC firmware. Please disconnect from the aircraft before downloading update." or something to that effect. Turned the bird off and pressed "download" and let it do its thing. Pretty easy

**your tablet has to be connected to wifi and P3 powered off to download/install the RC firmware.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

has anyone try the csc function on simulator after updated the firmware, it shows whether or not the old and new csc command will work.

Nevermind, I just restarted my iPad and its showing an update for my remote now.

I have all correct versions showing now. My P3P seems more stable. The memory card performance when taking the same bracket pictures is much improved. I feel like its actually using this Extreme Pro now!

Flown about an hour now on the new app and firmware and my signal issues seem to have gone away. I was having a lot of trouble with video signal quality but it seems better now. I used to lose my live feed 4-5 times per flight and I flew it 4 times and didn't lose it once. So far I am very pleased with this update.

Flown about an hour now on the new app and firmware and my signal issues seem to have gone away. I was having a lot of trouble with video signal quality but it seems better now. I used to lose my live feed 4-5 times per flight and I flew it 4 times and didn't lose it once. So far I am very pleased with this update.

Did you fly in the same area? Because transmition quality improvement is nowhere mentioned in the dji changelog

Reactions: mmee1992
My Galaxy 6 Edge auto updated my Go app to 2.7. I am not wanting to upgrade the firmware to 1.7 just yet. Can I use the updated app with the 1.6 firmware?

Did you fly in the same area? Because transmition quality improvement is nowhere mentioned in the dji changelog
It doesn't matter where I flew. I've flown this thing all over the world and it happened every flight. Since I updated to the new firmware today I have flown it four times and it hasn't happened once I think it may have to do with the app because it was less frequent using Litchi or Airnest

Another issue and possible CRASH issue with DJI-GO 2.7 is if you are flying initially with a 3rd party app e.g litchi and a 3rd party battery and then decide to go to the DJI app whilst mid flight it will instantly cause the quad to land regardless of where it is. OK if in the middle of a field but not so clever if you are over the sea or a cliff. Why not RTH. DJI will probably not be bothered or care as they will say you should not have used the 3rd party battery so tough.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj