P3 Firmware v1.7.0060

Over at DJI forum, lot of people complaining about 3rd party batteries not working. Won't let you take off.
Apparently, DJI has encoded in the GO app that if you are not using a genuine DJI battery, you can't fly.

Yeah, it's been reported here too. It's a shitty move from DJI. 3rd party stuff should void your warranty but shouldn't disable once completely functional aircraft.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: curiosity
my remote is updated through the app I think. Mine says:
App 2.7.0
Aircraft 1.6.40+
RC 1.5.70
its flying fine, just checking.

So, you stopped updating with v1.4, but you claim that subsequent updates are worse?

FYI: I too experienced drifting in an earlier firmware version. Guess how I fixed it.

I will answer:
Yes i did install 1.5, no differences and im not interested on NFZ, then i roll back to 1.4....so?
And i wish i could roll back to 1.1.9, where i and a few users where happily flying rock steady without any drifts.....

But be free to exchange yours by mine...it even includes a new shell, after cracks under engines appear after 26 flights:D

Why does the advanced show A/c 1.6.4+

Because I updated and it doesn't say 1.7 it says 1.6.4+ wondering if that is right. All indications say it is, just wanted to verify.
Mine said 1.6.4+ but my RC was still on 1.5.70 once i updated RC to 1.5.80 the drone showed as 1.7.60

C.Birch how did you update your RC. I tried doing it manually and it doesn't change?
On my Pro after i had upgraded the drone via SD Card i rebooted everything and the status in the DJI Go app said there was a update for RC to download, so downloaded and installed via the app.

Just managed to update my advance remote to 1.5.80 and now showing a/c 1.7.60 all good now

Last edited:
Reactions: C.Birch
If you are asking about blocking non-OEM batteries, then yes there have been threads about it in the last week or so. It started on March 7th with an Android app update, and came to iOS a day or two ago with the new iOS app. From what I've read it is confirmed, though I have also read that the non-OEM battery manufacturers may be updating their firmware to bypass the DJI lock out.
gO aPP 2.6.1 WARNING!!
So if I do a battery mod on the p3batteries will the batteries not work?

I have never had a issue with firmware updates so started the new one today. The RC went fine however cannot get the aircraft or camera update to start. In the app it says updates needed for both but nothing happens when I click on them? Am I missing a step?
Thanks for any advise.

I have never had a issue with firmware updates so started the new one today. The RC went fine however cannot get the aircraft or camera update to start. In the app it says updates needed for both but nothing happens when I click on them? Am I missing a step?
Thanks for any advise.

Put new firmware on sd card and power on the aircraft.

Put new firmware on sd card and power on the aircraft.

Thanks tried that at first but did not start up. Deleted file and put it back and tried again and updating now. Not sure what I did wrong the first time.

So if I do a battery mod on the p3batteries will the batteries not work?
I'm sorry to say that I don't know enough to answer you with any confidence. If I had to guess, I would say that if the app checks and sees OEM battery data it will allow the motors to start even if that OEM battery has had its total capacity modded. I'm guessing the app check is just a data handshake of some kind.

Again, just a guess so it's best to continue researching. Sorry I can't be more definitive.

Reactions: JoBe and Bigdz
Thanks for any advise.
I'm happy to see that you got it going now, but what were you clicking on earlier when you were trying to initiate an aircraft firmware update?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl