P3 Firmware v1.7.0060

Another issue and possible CRASH issue with DJI-GO 2.7 is if you are flying initially with a 3rd party app e.g litchi and a 3rd party battery and then decide to go to the DJI app whilst mid flight it will instantly cause the quad to land regardless of where it is. OK if in the middle of a field but not so clever if you are over the sea or a cliff. Why not RTH. DJI will probably not be bothered or care as they will say you should not have used the 3rd party battery so tough.
Has this been confirmed?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Has this been confirmed?

Yes happened to me practicing with litchi and went to dji go which had auto updated ( I had forgotten to switch off auto update) was only at 5 m and it flashed up unauthorized battery and landed not good . no time to switch back to litchi

Reactions: curiosity
WTF? It seems DJI has changed the CSC combination to left stick + RTH button. But only for P4?
What could be the reason?
My guess? - P4 crashes are unwanted. P3 crashes wanted.

Quite a policy...
My guess is because of Sport mode. People will be yanking those sticks all over the place I bet. They keep touting a more stable and nimble craft.

With DJI blocking non-DJI Batteries, it's not a good thing for the consumer. Batteries are going to rise in price with zero competition.

Secondly, how long before Apple stipulates that certain bonus flight features are only available in IOS?

Last edited:
Notice last night that upon performing the firmware upgrade that the battery discharge time defaults to one day. When you select the battery it then changes to 10 days, but you have to select it first.

Attachments

• 1458130253566.jpg
    1458130253566.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 595
I upgraded my P3A first. Verified it was successful via the TXT file. Then I powered on my RC, the bird and as soon as I opened GO it prompted me to "Update RC firmware. Please disconnect from the aircraft before downloading update." or something to that effect. Turned the bird off and pressed "download" and let it do its thing. Pretty easy

**your tablet has to be connected to wifi and P3 powered off to download/install the RC firmware.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

What version firmware is your RC now? I have 1.5.70 and after installing 1.7 firmware on the Phantom, I haven't had any prompts to update the RC as well...is that an issue?

Edit: Never mind, I updated Go app from 2.7 to 2.7.1 and once I connected it brought up the update RC firmware prompt. Strange it didn't do it with 2.7 though.

Last edited:
What version firmware is your RC now? I have 1.5.70 and after installing 1.7 firmware on the Phantom, I haven't had any prompts to update the RC as well...is that an issue?

Edit: Never mind, I updated Go app from 2.7 to 2.7.1 and once I connected it brought up the update RC firmware prompt. Strange it didn't do it with 2.7 though.

From what I understood RC update will show as available AFTER Phantom FW is updated to 1.7, rebooted and reconnected to GO App.

Yes happened to me practicing with litchi and went to dji go which had auto updated ( I had forgotten to switch off auto update) was only at 5 m and it flashed up unauthorized battery and landed not good . no time to switch back to litchi
Nice find and good thing it worked out okay. I was thinking that perhaps it landed right away because you were so close (5m) and already in the radius where a RTH would just land. Maybe it would RTH and land if you had been further away.

Nice find and good thing it worked out okay. I was thinking that perhaps it landed right away because you were so close (5m) and already in the radius where a RTH would just land. Maybe it would RTH and land if you had been further away.

True. Might be tempted to try when the wind drops a bit. Really silly if it doesn't RTH though. Even sillier if they block the batteries (are the even allowed to law wise) it's my choice and the warranty is a bit useless anyway once you have the bird a while.

Am I the only one facing problems zooming the map on DJI GO 2.7.1 and Ipad Mini 4 iOS 9.2.1 ??

Nope. I am experiencing the same issues.

My other apps such as Litchi and Vertical zoom just fine.

Reactions: Baldo81
With DJI blocking non-DJI Batteries, it's not a good thing for the consumer. Batteries are going to rise in price with zero competition.

Don't see this happening. Prior to the new update that no longer allows 3rd party batteries DJI had already dropped their battery prices from $140 to $125 or so. With the P4 coming out demand for the P3 batteries should go down a little.

So the recommended order of updating is what? I'm planning to update the bird and then turn it off. Then I will update the go app on my tablet with nothing else on. Then I will turn on the rc only and open up the go app, which should prompt an rc update. Once done I will power on everything and make sure all is good. I'm coming from 1.6 on the bird and by now, a couple revs back on the go app. My rc is one rev back from this newest rc update. Seems like a good order for updating?

My firmware report, P3P W323A
  • The app seemed to update a few days before the new firmware was even announced
  • Craft and remote upgrade worked just fine first time
  • Craft flew first time after update just fine
  • Settings were lost (photo format, aspect ratio). That's a peeve, but it was easily corrected (reset to me prefs).
  • CSC is as reported: new version works, classic version still works while bird is off the ground
I haven't updated my P3P W323 (non-A or B) yet.

So the recommended order of updating is what? I'm planning to update the bird and then turn it off. Then I will update the go app on my tablet with nothing else on. Then I will turn on the rc only and open up the go app, which should prompt an rc update. Once done I will power on everything and make sure all is good. I'm coming from 1.6 on the bird and by now, a couple revs back on the go app. My rc is one rev back from this newest rc update. Seems like a good order for updating?

I think it might depend on the model of your craft. With mine, updating the Go app first wasn't a problem, that doesn't mean that will always be true. As for the craft vs. remote, with the P3P W323A, it did the craft, then the remote, all within the Go app.

I had the BIN on the SD card, but it seemed (watching the Go app status) to do a download anyway. I don't know if it downloaded to the SD card or internal memory.

I think it might depend on the model of your craft. With mine, updating the Go app first wasn't a problem, that doesn't mean that will always be true. As for the craft vs. remote, with the P3P W323A, it did the craft, then the remote, all within the Go app.

I had the BIN on the SD card, but it seemed (watching the Go app status) to do a download anyway. I don't know if it downloaded to the SD card or internal memory.
I should clarify I have a P3A. Thanks.

So in other word's for me typical user of Phantom 3 professional, with all standard battery and using standard DJI GO app on good android tablet - if I make software upgrade nothing change for worse?? It will fly like before upgrade -Yes????

ok I just did upgrade and it shows.
app 2.4.2
rc 1.5.70
fw 1.7.60
is this right?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member