Official P3 Range Leaderboard

Correction on my distance. It's 20021.4 feet from home.

Phantom 3 Professional
Stock P3P & controller & battery

File_000.png

P3p 9.5 miles with a elite MaxxRange Not boosted with bird side battery modification...

Great flight by the way Pablo! I Gotta know how you made it to 50,000 feet with 62% battery left. I've only ever done that without a camera. Would you mind sharing which battery you were using?

I did a screenshot on my 32k run, tried on my 37k run and my fingers failed me, I do wish I had gotten it. I like the idea and it does show quite a bit on batter, time and signal quality. I need to just use a screen recorder app I think.

41374 feet from home point. Landed main battery %4@ 3.4v, external %3 3.4v

i bet that flight had your heart rate going a tad fast over the last few miles :) great flight Ray!

how was it fighting the autoland with the 5200 mutlistar on it? were you close enough you just could glide in, or did ya have to keep it at altitude for a bit?

i bet that flight had your heart rate going a tad fast over the last few miles :) great flight Ray!

how was it fighting the autoland with the 5200 mutlistar on it? were you close enough you just could glide in, or did ya have to keep it at altitude for a bit?

Thx bud. Oh yes heart was pumping, leg twitching, oh yea. I'm glad I didn't go to %55 before turning around!! So wanted to do it to get to 45000 But chickened out.
It was only 700' from me when auto land kicked in and up 200, so yea I let it kind of glide in just have to go over one house. Was trying to be dramatic really, lol.
I have to find another location to beat this record, there is always a head wind, minimum around 6mph.
Max speed in GPS mode on this path it's about 27 with the ext around 24, so I am in atti throughout the flight to get around 30 out and 36 in. I'm sure atti uses more battery!!!
But I already get 32 mins and the ext hasn't been broken in yet!! So maybe I can get 45000 once they break in.
Take care man

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Digdat0
Did you max out on signal range or battery? My flight was a couple hundred feet shy of yours but battery warning came up so I turned around. Almost didn't make it back with a headwind. :(

Battery. The warning came up. Had 8% left when I landed.

New PR today with the Horizon 5200 battery, Windsurfers only and stock props. Distance was 40,432 feet with total flight time of 25m10seconds. I literally hit the distance limit on the Horizon today, auto landing kicked in at 12% with 4400 feet left. I hand caught at 3%, right as I grabbed it, the power on the DJI battery cut out.

I did a screen recording of the flight and did a video of that plus the aircraft in a PIP mode. Fast forward to the last 3 minutes for some cool video of low battery, fighting autolanding and my pissing myself from 4000 feet away after auto land kicked in. This flight was directly after a 35k flight with my 2x2300 Venom LiVH batteries. Motors were pretty cool at the conclusion of both flights. Today was fun, a 40k flight and a 35k flight :)

I also noticed that I get much better signal in GPS mode than ATTI for some reason. In the video, you can see me switch between ATTI and GPS and it would go from no signal/signal transmission error to fine signal. I'm wondering if this is because of heat generated from ATTI mode.

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Pics
2gEB2ms.png

PhE1Tny.jpg

pYhwaWz.png

Video - check out the last 3 minutes when auto land kicks on.

Last edited:
we aren't enough for ya Ray? :p I think DB got lost in a cornfield, or had a hot date. both probably with his hot new p4.

Off course but you got to admit he adds quite a bit. And he it's the one to blame for me getting into the battery mod and long distance ****.

He probably is looking for the p4 that landed some miles away from him.

We guys gotta get a weekend meet somewhere central to everyone, so we can do some long distance runs and a few beers or ice tea if you don't drink like me(and I own a sport bar, go figure that one out)

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Digdat0 and Lee SK
New PR today with the Horizon 5200 battery, Windsurfers only and stock props. Distance was 40,432 feet with total flight time of 25m10seconds. I literally hit the distance limit on the Horizon today, auto landing kicked in at 12% with 4400 feet left. I hand caught at 3%, right as I grabbed it, the power on the DJI battery cut out.

Do you have a link for those windsurfers you are using?

No he found a new batt setup and did a suicide mission with the Terminator and P4...he flew 2 states over so hes just driving to retrieve the bird

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Digdat0

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart