Official P3 Range Leaderboard

You CAN turn the motors on first, just a little risky trying to get yer hands/fingers in there to plug 'em in. Maybe its the answer! I'll try it in the morn

Hey, don't send me the medical bill, lol
Am I correct in assuming that if we do it this way then the dji battery will not enter charge mode once the external it's connected?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

By the way here is my fastest speed on the p3.
63mph
ecec39ebb1276d670cc0515e6a7ffaad.jpg

Hi Jake, this is one i done the other night P3A 1.1.9+ with battery mod 2 x 2200 mah Zippy compacts and Maxx uav panel unboosted this bird has no camera as all my distance flights are at night, just fly by the little red arrow landed with 18% so i think i could possibly turn at 56% which should give me around another 8 to 9000ft
IMG_0631.JPG
IMG_0631.JPG IMG_0631.JPG IMG_0631.JPG

Reactions: JakeMaxxUAV
You CAN turn the motors on first, just a little risky trying to get yer hands/fingers in there to plug 'em in. Maybe its the answer! I'll try it in the morn

Hi db,
Just tried arming motors first and then hooking up the external. No good, the main battery still starts blinking. As you said, I let the external charge the internal till lights stop blinking, unhook, restart main hook up external and arm motors. Flew close by on the corn field till %50 battery, time for flight 18 mins.
Once I trust the 3m Velcro I will go further out, I will do the straps like you have on yours to be on safe side.

Just to see what happens, this time I'm going to hook up external while motor is running and if LIGHTS start blinking on main I will let it be and see if main shuts off once charged from the external with the motors running.

Ok, tried the connecting the external while motors are armed, the main started the charge blinking and once it was charged it turned off, got the battery error in the app but carried on running off the external, turned the main back on while motors were armed, the battery error went away and I took off.
I don't trust doing it this way though, I prefer the way you guys have been doing it.

Here is a 3 min video for the guys who are starting on this path, such as myself regarding take off and battery attachment.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

How did you come to those percentages, I thought usually there's .010 V left in the externals more than the main bat?
(Nice job by the way)[emoji41]

Reactions: Digdat0
Do you plan on running distance with it? The link didn't work for me by the way, may because I'm mobile

I've found the best way to fix the charging issue is, just let it charge. It will finish, will blank/turn off. Turn it right back on and everything will be fine. I did this two days back and flew out 37k and back, no issues. I'm not fighting the charging issue anymore, just rolling with it. The charge hardly drops the volts on the externals .. And it's less frustrating.

How did you come to those percentages, I thought usually there's .010 V left in the externals more than the main bat?
(Nice job by the way)[emoji41]

The main battery percentage from dji go app when I landed. The external I connected to the charger and it showed %9.

I could have gone further as I turned around with %75. I'm about to go out again and going to try turning around at %65. Need to get to know my p3 all over again and the external. Once I feel comfortable I may push it to land with %1!!!

Reactions: Digdat0
Do you plan on running distance with it? The link didn't work for me by the way, may because I'm mobile

Hey db,
Are you talking to me?
If you are, yes for sure bud. I calculate that with the numbers above I should be able to do any where between 40000 feet to 45000. Still going to be short to get in the top three!!!
Do you think there is a realistic chance to strap 2x 5200??? One on either side??

I think 2x3400 may be doable, 2x5200 sounds too heavy. But, db did run the 5200 and 4000 multistars. So, ya never know. Try and tell us how it goes!!

Hey db,
Are you talking to me?
If you are, yes for sure bud. I calculate that with the numbers above I should be able to do any where between 40000 feet to 45000. Still going to be short to get in the top three!!!
Do you think there is a realistic chance to strap 2x 5200??? One on either side??

No it's already been tried, it actually produced the same flight time as one 5.2. The extra weight killed the flight time

No it's already been tried, it actually produced the same flight time as one 5.2. The extra weight killed the flight time

Did you see my post on the percentage you asked me?
Am I correct in thinking those readings are true?
The external percentage I get by hooking it up to the charger and start the charge and press the inc button twice and there it shows the percentage.

Did you see my post on the percentage you asked me?
Am I correct in thinking those readings are true?
The external percentage I get by hooking it up to the charger and start the charge and press the inc button twice and there it shows the percentage.

Forget % on the externals. Look at voltage.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
finestheatingn