Official P3 Range Leaderboard

I have been reading posts & don't know what iam doing wrong? I have a P3P with a ite but I can only get 15200 feet out then I have to turn back. When I land iam at 7 % in auto land. How Dow I get more distance. I see others at twice the distance. Any help?

Make sure channel is set to auto in the app under hd.
Aim is very important
Location: in one direction from my house I get 8.5 miles, in the opposite direction I get any where from 1 to 2 miles depending on the day
If you have done the mod yourself, recheck the internal cables.
Good luck

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Digdat0
Would like to see pics of the crashed bird.
I crashed from 200ft and the camera was OK, but main board was ruined. A cable inside the p3 was puled away from the board. I am on my third p3 now.

It didn't drop from 200, last altitude I know of was around 75, will take pix but I have it all stripped out waiting for the new shell, battery compartment and ribbon cable to arrive on Thursday. I checked the camera carefully and didn't see any other external damages, I believe the gimbal saver I had installed on the back of the gimbal actually did it's Job,

Ahhhhh there's your answer. Split seems to do much worse than single. We've tested this very thoroughly back in the end of winter/early spring with the split DJI pack and then the split multistar. It just doesn't perform as well as in single 4S configuration. A VERY small amount of pilots have put up impressive numbers with the splits. It all boils down to resistance.

Ed, I have the single ms 5200. They are new only a few charges, the dji battery I use is older one %90 life. I get around 30 to 32 mins. I think that is promising number considering the age of the dji battery, right?
I am going to do about 5 or ten cycles on the ms and then use a new dji battery, going by your numbers maybe I can get around 40, I don't know!!
Fw on mine is 126, the camera has a newer fw, I think one before the present one. This has me in a bind because I can't upgrade the bird to 140 which I liked, because it sees the fw on the camera as being newer, I can't upgrade to the camera fw because it sees it as the same and I don't want to update to this latest one. My only option is to find a camera with an old fw before 126 our a 135, then I should be able to update to 140.
What fw is your favorite?

No that's not that bad at all. No major cell deviations in that DJI bat? Warming up wont do anything unless it's really cold. I flew 9mi 39:45 in 45 deg temps in the early spring. Something's not right. You verified voltage on the MS to 4.35v each cell?
Yes I have this problem with my DJI batts they do not charge fully only 4.30 V I have tried a force top up charge still the same.i have the P3A V1 max fly time 30 mins with 5200 MS.purchased new Dji batt and the mah is only 4200.or maybe it's the charger???

No worries man. The Dji battery was made in February, shows 100% life, is at 37 charges and shows 4385 mAh on HD. Maybe I need to invest in a new Dji battery? i thought it was my wooden props, but this was with stock props. I'm flying in the morning where it's pretty cool as well and very low humidity or wind. Been thinking of warming the batteries as well could help, I've not done that yet.

Where are you getting the 100% from? Holding the button on the battery for 5 seconds? I believe that will show you the percentage in 5% increments, so the first light won't blink until it's at 95%. Divide the present capacity by the original capacity to get the percentage left. 4385/4480 = 97.8%.

Where are you getting the 100% from? Holding the button on the battery for 5 seconds? I believe that will show you the percentage in 5% increments, so the first light won't blink until it's at 95%. Divide the present capacity by the original capacity to get the percentage left. 4385/4480 = 97.8%.

Or maybe he is getting the life % from HD web site

the battery life is what shows in DJI Go (Android), on healthydrones and what is also in the flight logs. i'm not saying its right (your math actually looks better), but its what the app tells me.

I would look at the battery cell voltages in DJI GO with the P3 powered up and motors off. That is the most accurate resting voltage you will get unless you have a Horizon modded P3 battery with balance leads. You can also solder your own balance leads to the board yourself. It's not that hard.

I am on my 3rd P3, and I can say that some P3s handle the extra weight of more batteries then others.
My last P3P, was a real weight lifter. The one I got now is a wimp. YMTC.

so i upgraded my battery firmware to 1.9 and they both show the proper % in the dji go app now. the battery in mention is now showing 91% life.

Thx bud. Oh yes heart was pumping, leg twitching, oh yea. I'm glad I didn't go to %55 before turning around!! So wanted to do it to get to 45000 But chickened out.
It was only 700' from me when auto land kicked in and up 200, so yea I let it kind of glide in just have to go over one house. Was trying to be dramatic really, lol.
I have to find another location to beat this record, there is always a head wind, minimum around 6mph.
Max speed in GPS mode on this path it's about 27 with the ext around 24, so I am in atti throughout the flight to get around 30 out and 36 in. I'm sure atti uses more battery!!!
But I already get 32 mins and the ext hasn't been broken in yet!! So maybe I can get 45000 once they break in.
Take care man

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Yes atti does use more power!!

Yes atti does use more power!!

This seems to be my issue, can't get past maximum 25mph in GPS mode, have to go out in atti to hit the 30mph.
Once I put it back together I may upgrade the fw from 126. But here is my other problem, the camera has the fw one before this last one ( I took it off of my other p3) can't upgrade bird to 140 out 16x which I liked because it sees the fw on the camera as newer!!!

This seems to be my issue, can't get past maximum 25mph in GPS mode, have to go out in atti to hit the 30mph.
Once I put it back together I may upgrade the fw from 126. But here is my other problem, the camera has the fw one before this last one ( I took it off of my other p3) can't upgrade bird to 140 out 16x which I liked because it sees the fw on the camera as newer!!!

In gps mode I get about 15.5 mps 34mph then the way home atti gets me up to 17/18/20 mps.but here's my little secret I fly in cross wind most times!!

In gps mode I get about 15.5 mps 34mph then the way home atti gets me up to 17/18/20 mps.but here's my little secret I fly in cross wind most times!!

The speed makes all the difference for sure. Even in cross wind I can't get this p3 to go past 25 in GPS.
When I put it back together I'm going to do a text without the external and see what speed I get. I know I used to get 35mph with my other p3, but this one I haven't tested

Ed, I have the single ms 5200. They are new only a few charges, the dji battery I use is older one %90 life. I get around 30 to 32 mins. I think that is promising number considering the age of the dji battery, right?
I am going to do about 5 or ten cycles on the ms and then use a new dji battery, going by your numbers maybe I can get around 40, I don't know!!
Fw on mine is 126, the camera has a newer fw, I think one before the present one. This has me in a bind because I can't upgrade the bird to 140 which I liked, because it sees the fw on the camera as being newer, I can't upgrade to the camera fw because it sees it as the same and I don't want to update to this latest one. My only option is to find a camera with an old fw before 126 our a 135, then I should be able to update to 140.
What fw is your favorite?

I run 1.1.9 on my P3A. That's the distance bird. My P3P runs 1.4.0 but is old motors and I don't push it beyond 9mi. P3S is a crash test dummy for experiments and runs 1.1.30.

I'm not too sure I believe the battery break-in theory...maybe for longevity but I flew my first MS 5200 9.23mi 39:45 in 45deg weather on the maiden voyage. That battery is still in service and putting up good numbers and takes full charge. The main battery was the horizon modded battery and it recovered from that and flew 5 more times. The 5th time I flew to 1% 38:47 and it never recovered.

Last edited:
I dont think there is much difference between the old and new motors. But it seems that there can be a resistance in different birds. Like you have a Chevy that runs better then most. It just runs better. Maybe a little more clearance in the barrings or less drag somewhere.??

I dont think there is much difference between the old and new motors. But it seems that there can be a resistance in different birds. Like you have a Chevy that runs better then most. It just runs better. Maybe a little more clearance in the barrings or less drag somewhere.??

Fredzmaxxuav did some testing on old vs new in the dual battery thread. He found a 15-20% difference, new motors being more efficient. He started a Google sheet to track the diff and different battery combos. DJI Phantom 3 Professional battery comparison sheet

Dual Battery Mod
Dual Battery Mod

Now, I'm not saying they are or aren't, but this is the only research I've found thus far with actual numbers.

back from vacation, new batteries and new PR of 41,307 ft. P3P, windsurfers only and battery mod.

Auto landing kicked in at 13% with 2000 feet left, my main Dji battery cut out (only power were the externals) and it resulted in Dji go crashing and rebooting my tablet. The last 2k feet was basically blind, fighting auto landing and keeping my heading. I was very happy to hand catch this one :) it also corrupted my screen recording video, will post if I can repair it. I need a new Dji battery, this one is at 80% life left.

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Q96zqIR.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helen Y West