Official P3 Range Leaderboard

These are some amazing flight distances.
I don't have screen shots but with stock P3P I've done 20,550 feet distance. Made it back with 1% battery. Was afraid she wasn't gonna make it back from that distance!

Yeah you run it out to the end of his rope with the stock battery freedom[emoji41]

These are some amazing flight distances.
I don't have screen shots but with stock P3P I've done 20,550 feet distance. Made it back with 1% battery. Was afraid she wasn't gonna make it back from that distance!
That's a great distance on stock battery. It should be in your flight logs in Dji go as well.

thats a nice time :) Are you running the venom still? I recall you were running the venom LIHV at some time before?
how are your venoms doing??if they made a 5200 HV i would be using that i dont really like the multistars for the P3A..also what i did to my venoms was cut off some of the cables my batts weight is 207 GR...yup

Last edited:
wow, 44,150 feet, nice flight! what was your total flight time?
last time i did hit 14554meters 13.19 mis to get there turned at 64% with 15.14 mins to get home.but the way back all i could get was 15mps.i new i was not going to make it home..fell short only 315 meters....if i had a new DJI batt i might have made it..still good flite info..yes i did the unknown flyer run right down to 0%....

New PR this morning, 37,221 ft, running windsurfers, Horizon 5200 battery mod and the Xoar wooden props. 23m05s flight time, landed with 17% battery, turned around at 10:31 and 71%. I'm catching up on y'all with antenna mods even though i had to get a tad elevation (and truthfully, the last 2000 feet i had to go backwards to keep RC signal). Goal is 40k out and back with windsurfers. Loving today!

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

upload_2016-7-24_10-0-4.png

New PR this morning, 37,221 ft, running windsurfers, Horizon 5200 battery mod and the Xoar wooden props. 23m05s flight time, landed with 17% battery, turned around at 10:31 and 71%. I'm catching up on y'all with antenna mods even though i had to get a tad elevation (and truthfully, the last 2000 feet i had to go backwards to keep RC signal). Goal is 40k out and back with windsurfers. Loving today!

View attachment 60634
I find that hard to believe. You have special skills.

View attachment 60634
Good flite 1000 feet each flight and you hit the 40 mark!

Reactions: Digdat0
So I got my battery mod and the 5200 multistar (not split). Wholly.......!! Totally different bird as far as flight!!! For all newcomers such as myself, you better take off like a man, no slow take offs or the bird is going to go backwards and land on its head!!!! It was too dark to test it so I just played around with it in the back yard, I don't think I'll be going too far just yet, till I feel comfortable. Ok, so tomorrow morning then!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
Reactions: Digdat0
Sorry Ray, in all of our talks recently about the 5.2 and single batteries strapped under the VPS , I think I failed to mention that aspect! It was part of the conversation early on when we discovered the 5.2, but I think we forgot to start warning people about it when they got it for the first time. The 5.2 flies great, it gives you the best flight time of any battery in its weight class, but when you first take off you do need the full throttle up 10 to 15 feet. It's well known that the initial lift off uses the most voltage out of your battery than any other maneuver during flight. When you have heavy batteries on, especially strapped onto the rear of the aircraft, you need to take it straight up

Reactions: ray rokni
So I got my battery mod and the 5200 multistar (not split). Wholly.......!! Totally different bird as far as flight!!! For all newcomers such as myself, you better take off like a man, no slow take offs or the bird is going to go backwards and land on its head!!!! It was too dark to test it so I just played around with it in the back yard, I don't think I'll be going too far just yet, till I feel comfortable. Ok, so tomorrow morning then!

The 5200 on the back is a beast! It's more comfortable when you're moving forward. Even when I do my turnaround 10+ mi out, I never stop. I keep forward momentum at all times. It's more stable that way. Even when coming down to land I try to ease off the throttle due to braking.

No problem db, I knew once I picked the p3 up with the battery Velcroed on the vps that it was going to be a new experience. So I did it on the grass and was telling myself non stop " take off fast" "take off fast" but then after doing all the other checks and **** I forgot to " take off fast".

Anyways, I was reading through the thread again from page 1 on, yea I know, I got too much free time. So why can't I turn on the dji battery wait for green to fly, start motors and then hook up the external?? Instead of the
Turn on dji battery, wait for green to fly
Hook up externals and make sure no charge blinking led on dji battery,
then turn motors on??

Thanks guys

Sorry Ray, in all of our talks recently about the 5.2 and single batteries strapped under the VPS , I think I failed to mention that aspect! It was part of the conversation early on when we discovered the 5.2, but I think we forgot to start warning people about it when they got it for the first time. The 5.2 flies great, it gives you the best flight time of any battery in its weight class, but when you first take off you do need the full throttle up 10 to 15 feet. It's well known that the initial lift off uses the most voltage out of your battery than any other maneuver during flight. When you have heavy batteries on, especially strapped onto the rear of the aircraft, you need to take it straight up

You CAN turn the motors on first, just a little risky trying to get yer hands/fingers in there to plug 'em in. Maybe its the answer! I'll try it in the morn

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka