Official P3 Range Leaderboard

Maybe someone else can chime in but I see no reason why that would hurt one bit. I took a P2 and swapped it to a tarot 650 frame, which meant I added about 6-12 inches to the wiring, and it made no difference at all. So in my opinion and experience you'll be fine

My second P3P has fw 126. So I have the option to leave it at that fw or upgrade to any of the later ones, from what I remember 132 or 140 were good fw, in your opinion which one is the better one, I don't need any of the flight modes found in the later updates. I just think 126 has a maximum speed issue, I don't know it could have been the wind today when I flew it but I wasn't getting anything past 26 in GPS mode, where as with the other p3p with the latest fw I was getting 30_ 35 going on same route same day and time frame.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

From 1.26 you can downgrade to 1.19 or upgrade to 1.32. I think it must've been the wind causing your speed issues. The only thing I remember that people didn't like about 1.26 was certain camera issues. If it's flying fine then why change it. If you have a certain firmware that you've used before and was comfortable with it then by all means go to it. Right now I fly mine on 1.6!
I have no reason to suggest to anyone to use 1.6, but that's the one I use and I'm very familiar with it, I know exactly what to expect of my bird on that firmware.I have a 1.19, but when I fly it long-distance, I don't get consistent results as far as knowing what speeds I can count on and expect out of it.
It's very important that you know exactly what to expect out of your equipment

After weeks of crap weather here in the UK please Update again hit P3A 44,070ft Itelite Maxrange boosted 5200mah mulitstar Lihv landed @ 9% flight time 32.03

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    5.4 MB · Views: 318
  • image.png
    image.png
    5.4 MB · Views: 335
Last edited:
Yeah, yeah! Way to go Pluto! The 5.2 is where it's at huh!
I've got to agree with Ed though, I suggest to anybody who flies over water, to have the 1st mile be on land. Not only does it give you 5000 feet of emergency landing(which you will need someday) it also gives you 5000 feet at the first leg of your trip to make sure there's no compass errors battery problems etc. think about it guys

Yeah, yeah! Way to go Pluto! The 5.2 is where it's at huh!
I've got to agree with Ed though, I suggest to anybody who flies over water, to have the 1st mile be on land. Not only does it give you 5000 feet of emergency landing(which you will need someday) it also gives you 5000 feet at the first leg of your trip to make sure there's no compass errors battery problems etc. think about it guys

I will say that I've been careless in the past with the 9.23mi flight. It was only the 2nd 9+mi flight at the time and was completely over water. Landed with 1%. If it died 5ft in front of me it would have been lost in salt water. Since then, I plan my extreme distance runs over land. And I have since bought a gps tracker. I've had to land 1, 2, and even 3mi shy many times since. Didn't lose the P3 and no damage.

Good job Wy! Will battery percentage did u land with ?I'm assuming that stock battery. You could see if there's a spot where you can go inland a little bit so if you're in an emergency you don't have to lose her to the fish[emoji41]

Yeah, didn't think about the emergency landing part before taking off..lol...At one point when it was heading back the Home point on the screen was showing not enough battery to get home..That is when the panic started to set in a little. It ended up making its way back and landed with 24%. My wife the whole time just kept calling me an idiot..lol..My kids, wife, and mother were all looking toward the sky for the thing saying its never coming back..lol

It was in RTH mode coming home and only going about 21MPH, I quickly changed it out of that to get more speed in the hopes it would make it home. That worked out better, not sure if it would have made it only going 20-22mph.

Another thing I didn't think about was wind. It was calm by me, maybe 1-5mph winds, but I didn't really think about what the winds were out at sea 400ft high and almost 3.5 miles out..

Screenshot_2016-07-20-08-31-48.png

Screenshot_2016-07-20-08-34-22.png

Last edited:
Ha hahaha! Thats funny about your family harping on you, see why I fly alone!
Yeah you would've had a hard time making it it back at 22 miles an hour. And less the wins helping you on the way back(and you shouldn't fly out far in less it is helping you on the way back) you can try to keep low as possible to cut through the wind it , you'd be surprised sometimes climbing or descending even 35 feet changes your mph. I think people should give themselves 5000 feet of land

Did anybody found the ultra super battery?

We thought that's why we haven't heard from you in a while, that you was out for hours testing hundreds of batteries and was going to come back and wow us[emoji41]

Reactions: Lee SK
Yeah, didn't think about the emergency landing part before taking off..lol...At one point when it was heading back the Home point on the screen was showing not enough battery to get home..That is when the panic started to set in a little. It ended up making its way back and landed with 24%. My wife the whole time just kept calling me an idiot..lol..My kids, wife, and mother were all looking toward the sky for the thing saying its never coming back..lol

It was in RTH mode coming home and only going about 21MPH, I quickly changed it out of that to get more speed in the hopes it would make it home. That worked out better, not sure if it would have made it only going 20-22mph.

Another thing I didn't think about was wind. It was calm by me, maybe 1-5mph winds, but I didn't really think about what the winds were out at sea 400ft high and almost 3.5 miles out..

Screenshot_2016-07-20-08-31-48.png

Screenshot_2016-07-20-08-34-22.png

You can use app like UAV Forecast to check wind speed at higher altitude.
93bfb94865374507d8042adb9d523a80.jpg
8d7853755d3fd2e85833f7494f8e48bc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helen Y West