Official P3 Range Leaderboard

Nice job Tony T, I'm going to assume that was stock battery, which means you cut it really close

95b73e312d2057f3ef069e7c89c74744.jpg

Stock P3P - No mods... CE mode.

Spur of the moment rangetest... 7-8 m/s wind (tailwind out).

Lost video and signal at almost the same time.

Landed with 7% left on battery :)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Digdat0
95b73e312d2057f3ef069e7c89c74744.jpg

Stock P3P - No mods... CE mode.

Spur of the moment rangetest... 7-8 m/s wind (tailwind out).

Lost video and signal at almost the same time.

Landed with 7% left on battery :)

Dang, I am mind blown,Mindblower! Are you saying you had to fight the wind all the way back with the stock battery? That's pretty brave

Reactions: Mindblower
013459f29a84ac9a31f33598041e6959.jpg

And the total of: 10816,6 meter - 35487 ft

Range for signal: 5224 meter - 17139 ft

Dang, I am mind blown,Mindblower! Are you saying you had to fight the wind all the way back with the stock battery? That's pretty brave

I would translate into crazy :)

Pure stupidity.... I was on a diff. mission, when the opportunity showed itself... Didn't think about return wind at all....

On the way back I monitored the battery and tried to calculate how much battery per 100 meters... I even said out loud "This might be a 1,000$ experiment :)

Next time I'd prefer wind in tail on my way back :)

Longest flight.jpg

Hello guys, I am new here and I want to show what I got, when was new windsurfer on testing. Last try with stock drone was 3100 m, with windsurfer - 4395,3 m (google says, that it is 14 420,2756 feet :) )

Landed with 15% off battery, so I`ll try to beat my personal best range next time :)

View attachment 58362
Hello guys, I am new here and I want to show what I got, when was new windsurfer on testing. Last try with stock drone was 3100 m, with windsurfer - 4395,3 m (google says, that it is 14 420,2756 feet :) )

Landed with 15% off battery, so I`ll try to beat my personal best range next time :)
Nice job 4G you'll gain 1000 feet easy just buy flying in a straight line next time[emoji41]I noticed a real straight line on the way back did you just let it returned home mode all the way back at 20 miles an hour.

hey DB - do you use a 'cruise control' on your flights, or pure thumb action?
I guess it depends on who's asking an FAA agent or good 'ol Digdat!
No I use a tripod and set the antenna to aim just above the horizon then on the P3 A rubber band stretched full throttle. I hardly touch the controller or antenna. Just minor adjustments and then when it hits 10% critical battery autoland I get to do some actual piloting[emoji41]

I like it this way it gives me lots of room to walk around kicking dirt and thrown my hat down when I don't think I'm gonna make it back. I like to pace a lot

Reactions: Digdat0
Beat my personal best at 21541 with maxx panel unboosted, no battery mod. Wind 16 mph blowing across and forward on the flight path, can't fly in the opposite direction on the outward journey as there are a lot of interferences. Turned around at %69 battery, still full radio signal, video started dropping in and out around 20000. Hit %10 battery 1700 feet away from home so had to fight the auto land for the rest of the way and landed with %6 battery. On the way back kept getting the low propulsion warming and at time was flying back at 20 mph. I thought I would never make it back. Silly to say but my heart was pounding and I ended the flight with the worst head ache ever!!

db9c0cd0119d3fc661e4aabf87897bf9.jpg

Last edited:
Beat my personal best at 21541 with maxx panel unboosted, no battery mod. Wind 16 mph blowing across and forward on the flight path, can't fly in the opposite direction on the outward journey as there are a lot of interferences. Turned around at %69 battery, still full radio signal, video started dropping in and out around 20000. Hit %10 battery 1700 feet away from home so had to fight the auto land for the rest of the way and landed with %6 battery. On the way back kept getting the low propulsion warming and at time was flying back at 20 mph. I thought I would never make it back. Silly to say but my heart was pounding and I ended the flight with the worst head ache ever!!

db9c0cd0119d3fc661e4aabf87897bf9.jpg

That wasn't a headache, that was adrenaline! Nice flight and welcome to the club Zuzua[emoji41]

Reactions: Zuzua

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart