Official P3 Range Leaderboard

yeah I'm going to try it out I hope it gives me a little bit more battery life.
I was using the 6.6 MultiStar single battery and getting the best flight time I ever achieved right at 40 minutes! But since it was a single battery underneath the BPS it was too erratic on the autoland so I stopped using it. Before I even knew that Verizon was offering this or maybe they're offering it because of my request, I sent my 6.6 multistar into Tom at horizon Midwest and had him split it for me I've been test flying it now I can't get even 30 minutes out of it. Something about splitting these batteries reduces their time. Almost 10 minutes reduced by splitting it and you can imagine I was really bummed because I was expecting a lot out of this. So if you guys do finally start purchasing these please start a thread about him so we can follow along.

How's it going with your 5200 splits? Any better or worse over time?

How's it going with your 5200 splits? Any better or worse over time?
Last time I flew my 5.2 split I got 32 minutes on the P3A
Yesterday I flew my 6.6 split on that same aircraft in perfect testing weather and got 28 minutes down to 4% . I'll give The 6.6 a couple more tries, but at this point it's now the most useless of all the battery mods I have because it only produces 28 to 29 minutes and it's really heavy! I can get that same flight time easily out of smaller externals that are two times lighter

That being said, I'm sure the guys down in Florida will pick up this V3.6 and ring 44 minutes and 12 mile round-trips out of it[emoji41]

Reactions: UnknownCaller
That being said, I'm sure the guys down in Florida will pick up this V3.6 and ring 44 minutes and 12 mile round-trips out of it[emoji41]
I hope so being in Florida has its advantages you can fly all year long here. But I can't do the one way flights like you do I am really envious of that it's so cool you have that much wide open space where you can land it in the middle of a field 19 miles away you can't do that here.

I'll give The 6.6 a couple more tries, but at this point it's now the most useless of all the battery mods I have because it only produces 28 to 29 minutes and it's really heavy!
And I thought the 5200's are heavy. Those are heavier?

And I thought the 5200's are heavy. Those are heavier?
The 6.6 as a single battery had some amazing flight time, but since all the weight was to the rear you didn't want to brake too hard and if you tried to keep the aircraft ascending while autoland tried to descend ,so you can make it to your home point , the flight was very erratic. As a split battery it's quite possibly even heavier than it was as a single battery because of the long cables and wraps. But the weight distribution would be on the sides so if it produced the same amount of flight time it would be ideal for somebody who wanted to risk that sort of extra weight. But it doesn't produce the same flight time and I've come to that conclusion firsthand. The 6.6 split is very large (doesn't even fit in between the legs) and it's very heavy. So it'll be interesting to see, if any of you guys want to pay for it, what kind of flight times you're getting. The flight times I'm getting out of the 6.6 is not worth it

Reactions: Ed209
The 6.6 as a single battery had some amazing flight time, but since all the weight was to the rear you didn't want to brake too hard and if you tried to keep the aircraft ascending while autoland tried to descend ,so you can make it to your home point , the flight was very erratic. As a split battery it's quite possibly even heavier than it was as a single battery because of the long cables and wraps. But the weight distribution would be on the sides so if it produced the same amount of flight time it would be ideal for somebody who wanted to risk that sort of extra weight. But it doesn't produce the same flight time and I've come to that conclusion firsthand. The 6.6 split is very large (doesn't even fit in between the legs) and it's very heavy. So it'll be interesting to see, if any of you guys want to pay for it, what kind of flight times you're getting. The flight times I'm getting out of the 6.6 is not worth it
What maker did you use for 6.6?

What maker did you use for 6.6?
If you mean what brand of battery it was the MultiStar HV 6.6 ! It had great flight time, I sent that very battery to Horzon to split, now it has 10 minutes less flight time.
I'm not sure what brand of battery they'll be splitting for the V3 .6

Reactions: Lee SK
If you mean what brand of battery it was the MultiStar HV 6.6 ! It had great flight time, I sent that very battery to Horzon to split, now it has 10 minutes less flight time.
Hello,dirtybum how's well does the phantom 3 handle the mulitstar 5200mah HV under the VPS think about purchasing one.

How about 2x3.3 instead of split 6.6? Did you tried this way?

I was using the 6.6 MultiStar single battery and getting the best flight time I ever achieved right at 40 minutes! But since it was a single battery underneath the BPS it was too erratic on the autoland so I stopped using it. Before I even knew that Verizon was offering this or maybe they're offering it because of my request, I sent my 6.6 multistar into Tom at horizon Midwest and had him split it for me I've been test flying it now I can't get even 30 minutes out of it. Something about splitting these batteries reduces their time. Almost 10 minutes reduced by splitting it and you can imagine I was really bummed because I was expecting a lot out of this. So if you guys do finally start purchasing these please start a thread about him so we can follow along.
My 5200 split gives me over 40 minutes flight time my 4480 gave me 37 minutes. I've had nothing but good results with my split battery mods. I would have never being able to complete a 20 mile round trip with the Phantom 3 without it. I don't know if the 6600 is too heavy you might be right looking at the weight of the battery. I've ran the brick mod versus the split mod and I got better flight time with the split.

Reactions: Rueben
My 5200 split gives me over 40 minutes flight time my 4480 gave me 37 minutes. I've had nothing but good results with my split battery mods. I would have never being able to complete a 20 mile round trip with the Phantom 3 without it. I don't know if the 6600 is too heavy you might be right looking at the weight of the battery. I've ran the brick mod versus the split mod and I got better flight time with the split.
You got extremely lucky with your splits, maybe they were soldered different or something, I don't think it could only be your environment(humidity,temps)
versus mine ! If I were to send you my 6.6, 5.2, and V3 I'm pretty sure you wouldn't get that get a flight time with them. And yes the weight of the 6.6 definitely could factor in the lower flight time but it would be more balanced on sidesaddle's than on the back and I got 39+ minutes with it on the back. So I'm glad that you had luck with the splits but not many people have, how many do you know that I have?

How about 2x3.3 instead of split 6.6? Did you tried this way?
Yes that would be worth a try, the four-point for multi stars are too heavy to run two of them in my opinion. What brand do you recommend

Which one collect between MultiStar HV 6.6 and MultiStar HC 6.6?

Hello,dirtybum how's well does the phantom 3 handle the mulitstar 5200mah HV under the VPS think about purchasing one.
It handles fine, obviously you're going to notice that it's a heavy aircraft and as with any heavy batteries you need to pay attention when you're taking off and landing. With the 6.6 all the way to the back when your aircraft would brake, it looked like it wanted to do a backflip but the GPS would correct it. The 5.5 doesn't handle that way! Be sure to shut the VPS off in the app. if you want to start out slow with the big single batteries, get the 4.0 Multistar. Couple minutes less flight time, but a lot lighter

Reactions: Pluto88888
Which one collect between MultiStar HV 6.6 and MultiStar HC 6.6?
LiHv
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1462984913.196578.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3