Official P3 Range Leaderboard

The telltale sign that the battery is going to shut off and give you battery errors is when you plug in the externals the main battery starts blinking like it's charging(but you guys already know this)
One trick that I found works for me 95% of the time when I'm having that problem, is to wait until the app says GPS ready to fly, then go plug in the external's and as quick as you can fire the motors up!when it takes me too long to fire the motors up a lot of times it'll start blinking and I have to shut it down and start over,but most of the time if I start the motors quickly and get it hovering it all balances out!
You can still repair those batteries that dip below 3 V by charging them on the lowest setting of NiCad right

I've had this happen tons of times. I suspect that it is because the externals have just slightly higher voltage than the main DJI battery. Even my brand new DJI batteries read in the 4.25-4.30v range. The externals are balanced nicely to 4.35v. So you power up and get the ready to fly and connect and then the DJI battery senses the higher voltage and thinks it's being charged. It's scary because you dont want it to switch to this mode a few miles out. And when I'm taking off for distance, I'm not hanging around. What I have found to be working for me lately is to wait for the "Ready to Fly" status, connect the externals and then start the motors quickly. I haven't had the battery flip to charging yet. Hopefully I didn't just jinx myself o_O

I've had this happen tons of times. I suspect that it is because the externals have just slightly higher voltage than the main DJI battery. Even my brand new DJI batteries read in the 4.25-4.30v range. The externals are balanced nicely to 4.35v. So you power up and get the ready to fly and connect and then the DJI battery senses the higher voltage and thinks it's being charged. It's scary because you dont want it to switch to this mode a few miles out. And when I'm taking off for distance, I'm not hanging around. What I have found to be working for me lately is to wait for the "Ready to Fly" status, connect the externals and then start the motors quickly. I haven't had the battery flip to charging yet. Hopefully I didn't just jinx myself o_O
Wow, I'm really glad I read about this from you two guys. I've only flown the horizon 5200 split plug&play mod once and that didn't happen but I sure know to look for that at any time before flight. Thanks for bringing it up.

Everything should be updated! If I missed yours, PM me :)

Is that all! I had the P3 flytrex speed record there for a minute of 72 mph and somebody topped me with 74

Reactions: Jtrjr
You guys just took all of the wind from my sail. 74MPH, really? ****, I don't know if I want to play with you guys anymore!

Jerry

If you got the room then there's nothing to lose. Worst case scenario you can't bring it back in the wind and you land it a ways out. The danger is people doing it who aren't aware and are fighting to get back in a doomed mission.

Is that all! I had the P3 flytrex speed record there for a minute of 72 mph and somebody topped me with 74

Well, it ain't a record but 174MPH on a custom, 'merican, 124", NOS fed, V-Twin, scooter will certainly pucker your sphincter! I know that from 'sperience!

Jerry

Reactions: Ed209
Well, it ain't a record but 174MPH on a custom, 'merican, 124", NOS fed, V-Twin, scooter will certainly pucker your sphincter! I know that from 'sperience!

Jerry
That takes bigger balls. You're playing with your life. Not some stupid drone. Lol!

You guys just took all of the wind from my sail. 74MPH, really? ****, I don't know if I want to play with you guys anymore!

Jerry
That was hilarious Jerry," I don't know if I want to play with you guys anymore" had me laughing like a lunatic for an embarrassing amount of time!
But like Ed said you want to go into the wind to start your trip and come back with the wind otherwise you're going to get stuck[emoji41]grab about a 17 mph wind and you'll be able to beat it.
You'll know when you're flying out in the wind at 7 mph GPS mode that you're probably going to beat the record

You win!!

****, I finally won something with you guys? Just give it a day or so, some dude on a Hayabusa will be here to bust my balls!:)

(Still cherry for an American homemade scoot. It wasn't "balls", it was stupidity. I could have killed myself, the handlebars and that front wheel were all over the place..and those tiny little bumps in the road? We ain't even gonna go there! Hey, you gotta live large or go home. I'm getting my wind back, just 74, huh?)

Jerry

That was hilarious Jerry.

Dirty,

Not so funny here. Wifey thinks you guys are a bad influence on me. She might put up a stink when I tell her I "have" to buy another one. (I'm going to sneak out and do it anyway, she already knows it), Will she still love me in the morning? Guess we'll see.

Jerry

You're the bad influence Jerry, I just bought (2) 1 ounce tanks of NOS for my P3 advanced[emoji41]

You're the bad influence Jerry, I just bought (2) 1 ounce tanks of NOS for my P3 advanced[emoji41]

Well that was extremely disappointing. A measly 56MPH in ATTI going with the wind. The wind is sporadic but still. Oh well, I'll start messing around a bit and try to figure it out. (She still loves me :innocent:).

Jerry

(All you can do is try! Quitters never win and winners never quit!)

56MPH01.jpg

Reactions: Ed209

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik