Official P3 Range Leaderboard

80120de8bc2163b5caff788c97223bcb.jpg
b40dd6ab2c3273ad0b2c9abee6779914.jpg
f585d72c969ababd7237f040cafd4881.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
Holy man that insane watched your video well deserved.

Well done Pablo, I remember a post where you said that 60000 was reachable, you just do it !
With a 6600 split like for your last record or with the 8800 split you just burned and want to sell !! Lol

Thank you Sometimes you really have to push the boundaries to achieve your goals. I do have a 6600 LIHv split done by horizon less then 5 flights on it for 75$ + shipping & a 8000 LIHv done by horizon less then 5 flights on it 85+ shipping these are MultiStar batteries.

Reactions: Tommymonkey
Great flight Pablo! Thought you had too big of a deficit(bat % vs distance left) to make it back but you pulled it off. Hitting that 35 mph here and there helped pull you through.
58 was a tough record to beat, I know, I got 10 ditch landings, (3) 55-57 k's, a few "not even close's",& 2 lost birds trying to top my own best[emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Thank you fellow long range Flyer. First off I'd like to say it was not a easy record to surpass. I've had many flights of frustration and coming up short and even dropping one in to the lake RIP Mantis 1 for all the long range junkies you should wear your distances like a badge of honor I salute you and all who have flown before me. I believe there is a growth potential for this particular flying that we all enjoy and respect and we have a responsibility to share it with the rest of the world. Never say die never believe that you can't stretch it out a couple more hundred feet this is why we fly this is why we push on.

Yeah I ignored it too but I haven't seen that message since adding the extra battery(s)..Last time I made it to 33000' with around 81% left in the tank...

Extra batteries?

Crazy flight today. FB live, thick fog, iPad battery died at 50k, iced up aircraft, landed in a tree, new "with camera" p3p record
1f642.png
:) I made it out to 60,937 feet and back with camera on my p3p, landing at 2% and total flight time of 42m10s. Ran a single MS6600 lihv and stock props.

I was doing a FB live stream and at 50k my ipad connected to the p3a had the battery die. I had to quickly move to the iPhone which was running the fb live stream, cancel it, and finish the flight. I got a few screenshots past 60k showing the camera working before i turned. DJI Go ended up breaking the flight into two logs cause i had to switch devices.

On the return, i was running hot. It came in at 2% and the fog was so thick I could hear it, but not see it. I wasn't looking at the tablet to see how close it was and I ran the phantom straight into a tree next to me. Branches caught it and it was stuck about 15 feet up, I got to climb a tree to get it back. I'm still counting that as a landing though, it came back to me!
1f609.png
;) It fired right back up and is ready to fly again. I called it quits at that point, couldn't feel me toes anymore.

edit: @JakeMaxxUAV the setup is P3P with camera, Pro97 Sniper 14dbi antennas, boosted, battery mod

I've got the rest of the flight logs to show it was a complete flight if there is any concern.

ZxmQiTk.jpg

SJIFloc.png

IaoMuJW.png

vDbRjP3.jpg

1nTHdwX.jpg

Last edited:
Way to go Dig, gives me hope that a record flight can still be done this time of year in the northern half of the country!!
Sure didnt let #1 bask in the glory too long[emoji41]

You worked hard for this one and deserve it!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Digdat0
Way to go Dig, gives me hope that a record flight can still be done this time of year in the northern half of the country!!
Sure didnt let #1 bask in the glory too long[emoji41]

You worked hard for this one and deserve it!s

thanks DB! that means alot coming from you man, much appreciated. Props to Pablo as his 60k flight helped push me as well to get here. Any time we can fly it is amazing, let alone setting a record! Props to Procharged97 as well, he built these antennas, they are solid.

Crazy flight today. FB live, thick fog, iPad battery died at 50k, iced up aircraft, landed in a tree, new "with camera" p3p record
1f642.png
:) I made it out to 60,937 feet and back with camera on my p3p, landing at 2% and total flight time of 42m10s. Ran a single MS6600 lihv and stock props.

I was doing a FB live stream and at 50k my ipad connected to the p3a had the battery die. I had to quickly move to the iPhone which was running the fb live stream, cancel it, and finish the flight. I got a few screenshots past 60k showing the camera working before i turned. DJI Go ended up breaking the flight into two logs cause i had to switch devices.

On the return, i was running hot. It came in at 2% and the fog was so thick I could hear it, but not see it. I wasn't looking at the tablet to see how close it was and I ran the phantom straight into a tree next to me. Branches caught it and it was stuck about 15 feet up, I got to climb a tree to get it back. I'm still counting that as a landing though, it came back to me!
1f609.png
;) It fired right back up and is ready to fly again. I called it quits at that point, couldn't feel me toes anymore.

edit: @JakeMaxxUAV the setup is P3P with camera, Pro97 Sniper 14dbi antennas, boosted, battery mod

I've got the rest of the flight logs to show it was a complete flight if there is any concern.

ZxmQiTk.jpg

SJIFloc.png

IaoMuJW.png

vDbRjP3.jpg

1nTHdwX.jpg

Congrats dig! I'm with DB these long range flights are a challenge right now. I'm sure it was cold and foggy but all other weather factors must have aligned for that one. Also, flying through that fog must have been brutal when you were making your approach.

1f642.png

1f609.png

ZxmQiTk.jpg

SJIFloc.png

IaoMuJW.png

vDbRjP3.jpg

1nTHdwX.jpg
Nice Job Dig! I knew you would make it to number 1 sooner or later...over 42 min holy crap!

Reactions: Digdat0
thanks guys! one more vid, this is part 2 where it started after i plugged in my iphone, shows the turn and return trip

Alright, i need the community and Jakes opinion here. Whatever you guys chose is what i will go with.

In my flight yesterday, i had a p3a cam on the aircraft, but it was stripped down to drop some weight. This is in addition to other weight reduction I've done to both my drones (which I've shared here on the forums). My belief is that for this leader board, a camera is a camera, whether its a stock or modded one, or even a fpv cam hacked in place of the stock camera. You go from here to there with a camera and prove you had video at distance, and you are good. I know we've had issue with camera-less flights being posted here and decided those wouldn't be allowed. So i post this in terms of transparency and will ask the community to make a call.

Does me removing weight from the camera nullify it from this record? (If so, that's okay, as i'd rather be straight up than have a record). Please share your thoughts.

Below are pictures.

j5DqEAI.jpg

yjEy1W7.jpg

Alright, i need the community and Jakes opinion here. Whatever you guys chose is what i will go with.

In my flight yesterday, i had a p3a cam on the aircraft, but it was stripped down to drop some weight. This is in addition to other weight reduction I've done to both my drones (which I've shared here on the forums). My belief is that for this leader board, a camera is a camera, whether its a stock or modded one, or even a fpv cam hacked in place of the stock camera. You go from here to there with a camera and prove you had video at distance, and you are good. I know we've had issue with camera-less flights being posted here and decided those wouldn't be allowed. So i post this in terms of transparency and will ask the community to make a call.

Does me removing weight from the camera nullify it from this record? (If so, that's okay, as i'd rather be straight up than have a record). Please share your thoughts.

Below are pictures.

j5DqEAI.jpg

yjEy1W7.jpg
IMO which probably doesn't account for much but it shouldn't matter...I see the camera there and that was a good idea...How much weight did you take off?

Below are pictures.

j5DqEAI.jpg

yjEy1W7.jpg
You gotta healthy drones report on the flight?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl