New leaked p3 advanced leak

Status
Not open for further replies.
There cant be a copyrights claim if the company doesn't hold a copyright. And we all know DJI did NOT copyright the camera sensor. We all, or most of us, know what the sensor is capable of. So info saying that the sensor will finally be able to use its capabilities violates nothing. Sony MIGHT be able to cry about it. But its public knowledge. YOU are supposedly the lawyer.. YOU should know that!
:eek: What drives the sensor?

When I joined the forum, I was looking forward to the amazing knowledge base. I was also hoping to see dramatic stories about close calls while flying, actual crashes with data, or about irate drone hating neighbors. You know, things that we could all learn from as a community and have some fun with as well. We have had all of the above which is awesome, but I never expected the kind of low brow drama in this thread. Funny thing is that I can't stop reading. It's like the roadside accident you can't look away from even though you feel bad looking.

Personally, I love knowing that something cool is coming soon. It keeps me excited and interested in the hobby, and also keeps me faithful to DJI rather than jumping ship to a nascent startup. We all know from experience that DJI is very poor with communication, so just knowing that something is confirmed to be in the works really helps a lot with keeping up customer loyalty and patience.

Also, blade please reconsider. Perhaps take some time away and then come back refreshed and ready to help the community again if you are so inclined.

Cheers to all.

:eek: What drives the sensor?
The "leak" only references data that the SENSOR is capable of. The sensor being poorly utilized in the past is a fault. Its finally being more properly utilized is hardly rocket science, much less copyright-able! That like saying that NO ONE can use THAT sensor to produce THOSE results without paying DJI for the rights. Of which we all know is BS because other companies are already doing it. Next?

The "leak" only references data that the SENSOR is capable of. The sensor being poorly utilized in the past is a fault. Its finally being more properly utilized is hardly rocket science, much less copyright-able! That like saying that NO ONE can use THAT sensor to produce THOSE results without paying DJI for the rights. Of which we all know is BS because other companies are already doing it. Next?

It seems your take on reality is something of a fantastic. Software and firmware are codes they are written. This is what drives the sensor. This is copyrightable and DJI holds to copyright.

What facts do you have that suggest the sensor is "poorly utilized" Are you going to say that people who bought the Pro is poorly utilized there Phantom? Most people don't even have a computer that can edit 4k let alone a monitor to show it. Your point is moot about the sensor...

Back to the topic tho, the pro has a fan on the gimbal to keep it cool which I guess is to cope with the 4k recording. Does anybody know if there is a fan on the standard P3.

Reactions: SENC
Back to the topic tho, the pro has a fan on the gimbal to keep it cool which I guess is to cope with the 4k recording. Does anybody know if there is a fan on the standard P3.

When was a fan part of the topic? Or the Standard model?

And you obviously have a problem reading what I said. But remember... fire HOT!
No I have no issues reading... You say the sensor is poorly used... and that the sensor's copyright isn't held by DJI...

You haven't even said anything about the possessor

or the firmware that runs it...

Or why DJI did what they did.

If I read into your statement you are saying that DJI engineers are stupid and don't know what they are doing... And if I read even further you, the most intellect here could use the sensor much better. And your firmware wouldn't be copyrighted...

No fan in the standard or Advance.

There is a diferances between the Pro and Advance in Video processing.

Same sensor but different handling of the data.

Standard has a completely different camera unit.

It's always been known the Advance sensor is capable of more than 1080P.

It's more like what Intel do with CPUs, same chip and limit it in lower models.

I'm bowing out of this thread now as Iv said my bit, wish you all happy lives.

Last edited:

The fan on the "gimble" is for the camera's processor. All of the stuff for the camera (besides the sensor) is in there...

4k takes a lot of processing prower and that equals heat... the advance has a different processor asaik...

Since the topic has to do with adding 2.7k video to the P3A, you have a good question. Does adding 2.7k video mean the P3A may also need a fan? We all know the P3P has the fan on the gimbal, noted as being needed for the 4k video. At what level does the fan become a necessary addition? My guess is that since the P3S has no fan, the P3A should also be fine. Maybe the fan is now one of the differentiators between the P3P and the P3A. Too bad a fan can't be added to the P3A without opening the shell.

I said it makes no sense to give the advanced 2.7K and the pro not because the pro can do 2.7K as well in terms of hardware.

Yeah they both effectively use the same sensor. This is a common thing that manufacturers do. I am not disagreeing that Pro shouldn't be able to do 2.7k, chances are DJI might enable that in firmware for us in the future, who knows..

The camera was obviously poorly utilised if it's capable of 2.7k all along
I tend to think of it as strategically utilized to provide a differentiating factor between the P3P and the P3A when they were new. One sensor for both models means no need to add to manufacturing and supply chain complexity by sourcing for two different sensors. Now several months in with the P3S already released, some functionality can be strategically unlocked in the P3A.

This is very common in the high tech industry.

Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland
Since the topic has to do with adding 2.7k video to the P3A, you have a good question. Does adding 2.7k video mean the P3A may also need a fan? We all know the P3P has the fan on the gimbal, noted as being needed for the 4k video. At what level does the fan become a necessary addition? My guess is that since the P3S has no fan, the P3A should also be fine. Maybe the fan is now one of the differentiators between the P3P and the P3A. Too bad a fan can't be added to the P3A without opening the shell.

They would need to test to see if they can run without a fan. Since someone posted proprietary information about testing on this forum we may not see this... I would understand why the would change how they test after this...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge sanchez