New leaked p3 advanced leak

Status
Not open for further replies.
RFC 1036 spells it out well enough.... and non compliance can result in a loss of immunity for liability under the DMCA. If you do not remove and prevent infringement you can be held liable.

Then again I don't know what I am talking about.

It is way more involved than that. Just try calling GoDaddy and let me know how far you get.

Besides what infringement? That's the question.

Reactions: dirkclod
Sheesh! drum, drum, drum, drum-- it is like some of these rap songs-- repeat, repeat, repeat-- who cares?:confused::confused::confused:

Personally i think this has been handled very badly by the site.

The information was subject to an NDA, even if the OP was not under it in the interest of good faith the site could have asked and the op could have opted to remove the information as it was posted, thats not going to change the fact its been leaked but to keep DJI happy its not really much to ask.

You can't stop people talking about it so very little would have changed by removing the post other than keeping DJI onside.

To Loose Blade and DJI's support on this site is a huge shame, was it really worth the cost of one post .

2nd notice: Anyone posting an attack or offensive language will get a warning and a reply ban. Keep it clean.
I have to say... with people boasting about the warnings they get and then you post this. This is just like the bad mother counting down when their children are behaving poorly... "Jonny stop that... I am count to 3... 1, 2, 2 1/4, 2 3/16 ect.

I have to agree with blade strike. this place is not the best place for info or help...

Where blade? We moderate all of that. We may not be the best at it but those get fixed wherever we find them. We're all volunteers who've put in a lot of work to maintain order.

ianwood is completely accurate. Even I received a warning for what I consider to be a very minor infraction. I would prefer if people would get their facts straight before they pop off at the mouth about whether this site is properly administered. If anything I believe it is too closely monitored.

RFC 1036 spells it out well enough.... and non compliance can result in a loss of immunity for liability under the DMCA. If you (web host, server or where ever the infringement is stored) do not remove and prevent infringement you can be held liable.

DJI's only recourse is against the leak source. The NDA is a contract between the company and an individual. DJI can't assert enforcement of its contracts upon a web host or its customer. And if DJI decided to do so, it would be cutting off its nose to spite its face. Remember: PhantomPilots is an advocate site for their products!

It is way more involved than that. Just try calling GoDaddy and let me know how far you get.

Besides what infringement? That's the question.
First off you do not call and you know that. You send your demands in writing... Most repeatable sites have a way like ebay's VeRO Program.

Personally i think this has been handled very badly by the site.

To Loose Blade and DJI's support on this site is a huge shame, was it really worth the cost of one post .
Blade did state he was starting to feel done with the site prior to this thread, so this topic did nothing more than some eventual post would have.

but to keep DJI happy its not really much to ask.
Keep dji happy? Are they our supreme overlords?
They don't pay my wages or phantompilots wages. WE pay them and keep them in business.
I'm sorry if I'm not in the people pleasing business. Maybe we should all wear a muzzle with a dji sticker on it as not to offend the dji gods.
It's a leak about new phantom features but to some in here it seems like watergate.
I now officially name this phantomgate sheesh!

I have to say... with people boasting about the warnings they get and then you post this. This is just like the bad mother counting down when their children are behaving poorly... "Jonny stop that... I am count to 3... 1, 2, 2 1/4, 2 3/16 ect.

I have to agree with blade strike. this place is not the best place for info or help...
Well, ALL the members should agree not to get into petty arguments over legal opinions from a member posting their own opinions and legal advice. So whichever side of the argument you come in on, this forum is not the place to carry on the conversation. Opinions should be voiced on another forum or venue and not here. There are of benefit to no one. I would hope that the moderators shuts this petty crap down. Cheers

I have to say... with people boasting about the warnings they get and then you post this. This is just like the bad mother counting down when their children are behaving poorly... "Jonny stop that... I am count to 3... 1, 2, 2 1/4, 2 3/16 ect.I have to agree with blade strike. this place is not the best place for info or help...

I am confused. First you and your ilk claim there is poor administration of the site and then, after people reveal how their minor infractions have been handled by diligent administrators, you complain that it isn't enough for you.
You argue also that this place is not the best for information or help and yet many of the suggestions and much of the work done by this forum's members somehow gets integrated into DJI upgrades.

I fear that you and others like you will never be happy unless you get to make the rules, so perhaps it is time for you to also leave and start your own site.

DJI's only recourse is against the leak source. The NDA is a contract between the company and an individual. DJI can't assert enforcement of its contracts upon a web host or its customer. And if DJI decided to do so, it would be cutting off its nose to spite its face. Remember: PhantomPilots is an advocate site for their products!

True... they can't enforce a NDA against this sight... there is no contract... Now they can enforce a copyright claim and that will fall under the DMCA. As for this site being an advocate for DJI... with all of the personal attacks, profanity and what not (just look at the post above by Sammynels (now gone))... It seems to me that DJI will be distancing themselves from this site. Rightly so! People here made their beds..

Last edited:
Reactions: Stephan
RFC 1036 spells it out well enough.... and non compliance can result in a loss of immunity for liability under the DMCA. If you (web host, server or where ever the infringement is stored) do not remove and prevent infringement you can be held liable.

For the sake of all that is holy, please stop using the acronym DMCA in reference to a Chinese company in the same sentence. Chinese companies and their government are the world’s biggest perpetrators of crimes involving copyrights and such.

This is just so laughable. And nobody on this site did anything wrong, the guy with the NDA did.

ianwood is completely accurate. Even I received a warning for what I consider to be a very minor infraction. I would prefer if people would get their facts straight before they pop off at the mouth about whether this site is properly administered. If anything I believe it is too closely monitored.
+1 i agree ....it's also censored in a weird way too when they edit half the attacks and allow the other half to stay. Politely calling someone names is no different to me than just doing it...in fact i find it condescending. Perhaps those attacks are above the heads of our mods or they feel that is the way to go about attacking, but i get notices just about every time.....i had a member make reference to my mom....my response got my post edited and a warning....his post remained. Take it all with a grain of salt....without a doubt the mods have their hands full and they are volunteers so ignore what you don't like and be content.

For the sake of all that is holy, please stop using the acronym DMCA in reference to a Chinese company in the same sentence. Chinese companies and their government are the world’s biggest perpetrators of crimes involving copyrights and such.

This is just so laughable. And nobody on this site did anything wrong, the guy with the NDA did.
So you bought a DJI product and now you complain about a Chinese company... WOW... just wow...

Reactions: VenomX15301
True... they can't enforce a NDA against this sight... there is no contract... Now they can enforce a copyright claim and that will fall under the DMCA. As for this site being an advocate for DJI... with all of the personal attacks, profanity and what not (just look at the post above by Sammynels)... It seems to me that DJI will be distancing themselves from this site. Rightly so! People here made their beds..
There cant be a copyrights claim if the company doesn't hold a copyright. And we all know DJI did NOT copyright the camera sensor. We all, or most of us, know what the sensor is capable of. So info saying that the sensor will finally be able to use its capabilities violates nothing. Sony MIGHT be able to cry about it. But its public knowledge. YOU are supposedly the lawyer.. YOU should know that!

True... they can't enforce a NDA against this sight... there is no contract... Now they can enforce a copyright claim and that will fall under the DMCA. As for this site being an advocate for DJI... with all of the personal attacks, profanity and what not (just look at the post above by Sammynels)... It seems to me that DJI will be distancing themselves from this site. Rightly so! People here made their beds..
Yeah. OK. I guess you're right. DJI should go after a web site over a minor leak by an unknown 3rd party who signed an NDA, & piss off thousands of its own customers. Good point.

Stick a fork in me. I just want to fly.

Reactions: robinb and Fplvert
So you bought a DJI product and now you complain about a Chinese company... WOW... just wow...
I am not complaining about a Chinese company at all, simply stating a fact. About 80% (if not more) of what I use on a daily basis is made by a Chinese company. Most of it junk that will not last but it is what it is and it is cheap.
And if you are calling me a hypocrite, yes, I am, but not in this case. You guys (you know who you are) are acting all greater than thou. It is not your job to police stuff.

If I thought for one second that this thread was somehow wrong or unethical, trust me, I would not be posting but would just skip it. The OP did nothing wrong nor did this site.

Those that want to censor free speech may I suggest you relocate to Russia or even China? You will have censorship beyond your imagination and your very life will depend on you living in accordance with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peter in South Jersey