Status
Not open for further replies.
[Moderator edit: inappropriate content removed]
Are you sure about that?
In the words of Louis C.K @SpankIt "it's not up to you!"
Me: "Spank you got something on your face..."
Spank: "umm no i don't"

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep please close it.. the rules on the site are a joke..
Sorry to see ya go bro, with over 400 likes, I'm probably not the only one. Thank you.

Yep please close it.. the rules on the site are a joke..

I will submit your request to Jacob. I'm sorry to see it. But before you go, rules for what? I don't follow. AFAIK, Mal has broken no law.

Information gets leaked online all the time. I am sure there are some unaffiliated sites that will remove information at the request of company but the majority don't. And to be honest, I'm glad they don't. It is better for consumers if companies cannot edit internet.

If the mods don't remove his account you should send a letter demanding the host (http://www.godaddy.com) take this entire site down. It is within DJI's right to demand such action.

No its not. I own a web hosting company and you have no idea what you are talking about. Now if DJI wants to take it to the courts and try to prove otherwise they have the right to do that and then GoDaddy can respond.

It might be argued if it was ethical to disclose this information. DJI's issue is with their network of people "in the know".

@blade strike I hope you will reconsider and stick around as you are of great value to the community. I understand your point but you cant ask the owners of this site to remove something that they don't know is right or wrong.

If anything DJI needs to re-look how they guard their intellectual property.

And of this info was copyrighted the DMCA will come into play. To the owner of this site.. Noncompliance may result in a loss of immunity for liability under the DMCA.

Just saying... Laugh all you want... Tell me how much you are laughing your *** off when you *** is getting sued.

Please remember, this is DJI, not Apple. Nothing is going to happen to anyone.

Just to add my 2 cents, there are cease and desist letters addressed to companies all the time. Such a letter may include the protection of trade secrets or unauthorized dissemination. Cats out of the bag already but you may not tempt fate and agitate the problem.

So your copy and paste isn't a violation of the NDA contract. Fascinating...

And there we go with the personal attacks... And the mods let this happen...

Well run site...
Yes, right. Cause you've never flamed or called people names on this site. Crying spilled milk now huh...

I will submit your request to Jacob. I'm sorry to see it. But before you go, rules for what? I don't follow. AFAIK, Mal has broken no law.

Information gets leaked online all the time. I am sure there are some unaffiliated sites that will remove information at the request of company but the majority don't. And to be honest, I'm glad they don't. It is better for consumers if companies cannot edit internet.

There is a difference with a "leak" and a cut and paste from a document that came with a NDA.

I have no idea why someone would do this... and I have no idea why this site allows this. But judging how the management here does nothing with outright personal attacks is telling.

Fourth, @Tahoe Ed , @blade strike , I get the frustration but we can't just remove things that you request. I will defer to Jacob but as far as I can tell, unless Mal is in under NDA with DJI, he is under no obligation to protect your trade secrets. I can write "proprietary and confidential" all over my documents but that doesn't mean it precludes someone from disseminating them unless an NDA is in place.

The way this thread exploded it is amazing. C'mon guys, this is not a national security issue, it is not even the definition of a trade secret which is defined as follows:
The Uniform Trade Secrets Act ("UTSA") defines a trade secret as:
  • information, including a formula, pattern, compilation, program, device, method, technique, or process,
  • that derives independent economic value, actual or potential, from not being generally known to or readily ascertainable through appropriate means by other persons who might obtain economic value from its disclosure or use; and
  • is the subject of efforts that are reasonable under the circumstances to maintain its secrecy.

I agree with Mal when he said that the reaction to his post by some members was indeed the only real breach in that it confirmed what otherwise would have been construed as one of the usual rumors we see all the time.

Even if the information qualifies as a Trade Secret (which it does not), by DJI or its agents voluntarily sharing its proprietary information with 3rd parties, it loses the argument that its secrets have been disseminated improperly by a 3rd party. Serious actions against a 3rd party can really only be maintained if the proprietary information can be shown to have been illegally obtained (stolen) by the 3rd party or if the 3rd party was given stolen information by an employee of DJI. It's really funny to see agents of a Chinese company get so incensed about intellectual property when day in and day out you find the Chinese reverse engineering stuff from the rest of the world and then producing knock offs.

Like I said this just the last straw.. Ian look at most post on this site.. it allows people to degrade others for no reason. It's full of people that would rather argue and not even help. It allows people to use profanity as well. .. I truly feel bad for a select few here.. I was done a few weeks ago, you know that as well as I do.

I swear it's just gone down hill...

And of this info was copyrighted the DMCA will come into play. To the owner of this site.. Noncompliance may result in a loss of immunity for liability under the DMCA.

Just saying... Laugh all you want... Tell me how much you are laughing your *** off when you *** is getting sued.
SAY WHAT!! lots of legal advice here-- we all live in a lawyer crazy world.. ain't it fun.. even all us non lawyers want to stir the pot. We need the Phantom Pilots legal Forum:D:D:D:D

This was just the straw that broke the camels back.. this site allows things that wouldn't be tolerated on any other forum. Not worth my time or anyone else's time to continue to support a site that allows all this type of behavior.

Good day ...

Sounds like you are upset with one person and throwing the baby out with the bath water. It's a shame as, while I don't always agree with how you say things, you added good content. Can't really say that you were less abusive then anyone else here that goes off on people sometimes. Personally I'd like to see you stay. I find it much easier to block certain people and simply scroll right past a lot of posts.

So your copy and paste isn't a violation of the NDA contract. Fascinating...

And there we go with the personal attacks... And the mods let this happen...

Well run site...
How's MY copy and paste in violation of a Non Disclosure AGREEMENT?
For an agreement 2 or more people have to agree on something. Signing a contract between 2 or mare parties can make it a legal agreement or contract. I agreed to nothing, I signed nothing. Maybe they can take me to court to try reveal my source, who knows but they'll have a fun time trying to find me.

Like I said this just the last straw.. Ian look at most post on this site.. it allows people to degrade others for no reason. It's full of people that would rather argue and not even help. It allows people to use profanity as well. .. I truly feel bad for a select few here.. I was done a few weeks ago, you know that as well as I do.

Where blade? We moderate all of that. We may not be the best at it but those get fixed wherever we find them. We're all volunteers who've put in a lot of work to maintain order.

Oh don't go....look the mods hear you! Have a great day!!
[Moderator edit: attachment removed. Off-topic.]

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-08-22-09-19-22.png
    Screenshot_2015-08-22-09-19-22.png
    391.4 KB · Views: 396
Last edited by a moderator:
No its not. I own a web hosting company and you have no idea what you are talking about. Now if DJI wants to take it to the courts and try to prove otherwise they have the right to do that and then GoDaddy can respond.

RFC 1036 spells it out well enough.... and non compliance can result in a loss of immunity for liability under the DMCA. If you (web host, server or where ever the infringement is stored) do not remove and prevent infringement you can be held liable.

Then again I don't know what I am talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka