New firmware / software 7th Sep - First impressions

Do you still drive the Yugo?
View attachment 29880

Or the more fashionable Pinto?
View attachment 29881

See you on the other side of the rabbit hole. :)
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1441602701.315359.jpg

LMAO Here's mine in 1979 [emoji23][emoji4]

Reactions: envisionabove
I thought one of the DJI insiders said 1am pacific time. So, that would be end of the business day in Shenzhen.
Any way, this thread is going to be near 200 before any real information related to the thread title...

When you open the Go app. It will inform you that an update is ready to install when it comes available to download.

I have read that it is recommended that one uninstalls the current version of the app, and then install the new one. Is there then a risk of losing historical data such as logs and flight history when unistalling?

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1441604405.377907.jpg

Maybe this is why it's taking soooo long???? [emoji1][emoji89][emoji89][emoji89][emoji89]

I have read that it is recommended that one uninstalls the current version of the app, and then install the new one. Is there then a risk of losing historical data such as logs and flight history when unistalling?
Every time I've updated it keep all my flight logs, basically you will just update and it does the rest. I think I read somewhere on here that a few people lost a few ( not all) of there flights but not sure.

Every time I've updated it keep all my flight logs, basically you will just update and it does the rest. I think I read somewhere on here that a few people lost a few ( not all) of there flights but not sure.

My question was specifically about "uninstalling the app" first.

No I haven't and that will likely be the only true downfall.

I can't ever remember a smooth update transition. But I put all that I have on the line.....to say that this will be our best update. You better believe it takes a heck of a lot for me to make such a comment. Obviously there will be those that complain certain things. I did myself, and so did 80% of the other testers in the beginning. But unfortunately you guys will have to learn it just like we did which was hands on. There will be text though that we didn't have.

Btw, you will likely see this from then just me. And this is rather important. When doing this UPDATE:

A) make sure you uninstall the app before installing the new version.
B) format the miniSD card or remove everything prior to adding firmware to card. (this update will likely take around 25min to complete install)(regardless what you hear after powering on to begin update, the process will start when you hear 4 consecutive D~D~D~D. It is complete when you hear it change to 3-D.D.D.)(watch for any instructions on R/C and Battery firmware updating as it may be different from beta
C) Calibrate EVERYTHING always when doing firmware updates. This includes R/C,gimbal thumb wheel, Gimbal, IMU, Compass.

The 1st you begin power up you should power on device, then power on R/C and wait. It should ask you which flight app you want to use it with. Always select the one you are getting ready to use. Make sure you select "always" as the option and NOT "just once". Should your device ever over heat and cause a complete reboot the always option will restart with the app being used. Other it will stop at the point. So select the "always " option.
And the lastly power on the aircraft.

We were told the final app version before going live will shut the aircraft down after the motors are stopped. So this is something I will be watching for....
So there would be new app version, because you must first uninstall old version. I hope they have fix Android FPV video lag problems...

My question was specifically about "uninstalling the app" first.

On iOS an uninstall isn't needed. Make sure you sync up your flight logs to DJi first as a precaution. I have and haven't done that before and have never lost any flights. That way in the off chance that it does wipe all your flights then all you have to do is sync after the App update and they'll all come back down.

On iOS an uninstall isn't needed. Make sure you sync up your flight logs to DJi first as a precaution. I have and haven't done that before and have never lost any flights. That way in the off chance that it does wipe all your flights then all you have to do is sync after the App update and they'll all come back down.

Cheers.

I've got a feeling from info received during my New Zealand day that the firmware may be available in 38mins but don't hold me to it. Or it maybe 1hr 38min

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18