New firmware / software 7th Sep - First impressions

I would hope they tested the firmware (I do testing for Apple and we never release software until we internally tested it so many ways!)
Look, I am an Apple loving fanatic but, it ain't always peachy with the software. And, if you are honest, when the Apple software is buggy a $1500 drone doesn't fall out of the sky.

Look, I am an Apple loving fanatic but, it ain't always peachy with the software. And, if you are honest, when the Apple software is buggy a $1500 drone doesn't fall out of the sky.
Look, the complexity of Apple OS/iOS software compared to a single use software. If your doing hack then maybe wait but DJI is not going to release software that crashes a lot of drones because they have real money (from there huge fundraising round) that they don't want to be hit with a huge lawsuit.

Look, the complexity of Apple OS/iOS software compared to a single use software. If your doing hack then maybe wait but DJI is not going to release software that crashes a lot of drones because they have real money (from there huge fundraising round) that they don't want to be hit with a huge lawsuit.
Sorry, I am confused. I have faith that both Apple and DJI test their stuff and I always am an early adopter of the official release stuff. I thought you were worried that DJI was going to send out firmware that needed additional testing. That said bugs do occur in both company's releases regardless of testing.

I
Maybe you should read the last few pages of this thread, not just the last message posted....
I did geez. Sorry some how I missed page 4, that's why I asked. Its not 9am in China so its not like I'm completely off base. There is really no need to be so testy. We are here to help each other out and some of us have small children that sap the little bit of brain left.

Sorry, I am confused. I have faith that both Apple and DJI test their stuff and I always am an early adopter of the official release stuff. I thought you were worried that DJI was going to send out firmware that needed additional testing. That said bugs do occur in both company's releases regardless of testing.
it not that big of a risk, now if this was Microsoft...then that a whole different story....

Reactions: Jeff48920
Ahh yes ...another Ford vs Chevy debate. I use both, and native Apple software (particularly file management) sucks the south end. "Numbers"? "Finder"? lol. Can't beat the hardware though, which must make me "bi" when it comes to computer orientation.

Bicomputeral? Hmmm...

I am a mobile app developer and Apple is no angel.... I would not use the word "Faith" and "Apple" in the same sentence without a no in front of the former..

Untitled.jpg

I give it 30 more minutes then I call it a night and check again in the morning!.......

DJI president to office chaps: "You guys better get this firmware out on the 7th. If need be you stay late !! "

Meantime in the good ole USA everyone thinks it gets released at start of business in China, lol .... such a disappointment.

I'm willing to bet that we will not see it until tomorrow !

I give it 30 more minutes then I call it a night and check again in the morning!.......
Get some rest.. I'll save you a copy in the morning sweetie :)

Its the 12:15PM 7th In Aus.. We will probably get the firmware first and find out the POI will only work in Counter Clockwise due to being in the wrong hemisphere...

Meanwhile my Android DJI app has crashed like 10 times now and I've only had the Phantom 3 a week... LOL

Maybe I should bet money on whether the firmware will be waiting for me in the morning. Because if I bet money it will probably show up .........

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl