New firmware / software 7th Sep - First impressions

Frank - do you happen to know if any of the beta testers suffered from the dreaded tilted (drifting) horizon and if they were sufferers has that now been taken care of with this release?

I do not ever remember anyone bringing it up or even mentioning it. I also just went and scanned 165 thread title for you to see if any mentioned the horizon tilt. Nothing.

I do not ever remember anyone bringing it up or even mentioning it. I also just went and scanned 165 thread title for you to see if any mentioned the horizon tilt. Nothing.
Okay. Thanks for checking sir.

Thank you Frank
You are our blade now... ;)

If possible oh great blade now of phantompilots.com:p
Instructions on the app?
Have you seen any?

Reactions: Fplvert and Javy871
Thank you Frank
You are our blade now... ;)

If possible oh great blade now of phantompilots.com :p
Instructions on the app?
Have you seen any?

No I haven't and that will likely be the only true downfall.

I can't ever remember a smooth update transition. But I put all that I have on the line.....to say that this will be our best update. You better believe it takes a heck of a lot for me to make such a comment. Obviously there will be those that complain certain things. I did myself, and so did 80% of the other testers in the beginning. But unfortunately you guys will have to learn it just like we did which was hands on. There will be text though that we didn't have.

Btw, you will likely see this from then just me. And this is rather important. When doing this UPDATE:

A) make sure you uninstall the app before installing the new version.
B) format the miniSD card or remove everything prior to adding firmware to card. (this update will likely take around 25min to complete install)(regardless what you hear after powering on to begin update, the process will start when you hear 4 consecutive D~D~D~D. It is complete when you hear it change to 3-D.D.D.)(watch for any instructions on R/C and Battery firmware updating as it may be different from beta
C) Calibrate EVERYTHING always when doing firmware updates. This includes R/C,gimbal thumb wheel, Gimbal, IMU, Compass.

The 1st you begin power up you should power on device, then power on R/C and wait. It should ask you which flight app you want to use it with. Always select the one you are getting ready to use. Make sure you select "always" as the option and NOT "just once". Should your device ever over heat and cause a complete reboot the always option will restart with the app being used. Other it will stop at the point. So select the "always " option.
And the lastly power on the aircraft.

We were told the final app version before going live will shut the aircraft down after the motors are stopped. So this is something I will be watching for....

In all honesty, I can't say that I am very interested in your testes, but I am somewhat impressed that they can report on the tilted horizon issue.
LOL! Me neither!

Just go to the DJI Support page guys. Just added. Go to the firmware with the date 9/8/2015

Can't find it either!

For someone that has the file already...

Post the link to the zip file (for both advanced, and professional)
Some browsers still have a cached version of the html page.
a direct link may help some.

image.jpg

I can't look!

Reactions: SENC
I'm central tz and I can't get it on DJI. BTW the iOS app is not released either.

Guys... I'm playing. I want to wish u all a great Labor Day. I didn't think people were gonna fall for it. Hopefully it's "really" present when I wake up the AM. Love u all. [emoji174]

Reactions: Fplvert and SENC

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl