New firmware / software 7th Sep - First impressions

The real first adopters are the beta testers. The real problem is that beta testers are usually pretty tech savvy and don't muck up the installation or configuration. The early adopters after release are not quite as adept and some are just **** incompetent. Unfortunately, what gets reported here is a blend of all that and you still just wind up taking a chance whenever you download.
That makes sense. But tech savvy or complete idiot.. the software/firmware is all the same. It being buggy or not is also the same. We had the opportunity to beat the hell out of release candidate apps, and as tech savvy nuts, we worked it to the bone. The average idiot wont do that. But they will cause their own issues, which are NOT evidence of a broken app/FW, but of there inability to follow instructions. I think we are on the same track here. But it needs to be said that those that have issues are likely self induced, and not the fault of DJI.

That makes sense. But tech savvy or complete idiot.. the software/firmware is all the same. It being buggy or not is also the same. We had the opportunity to beat the hell out of release candidate apps, and as tech savvy nuts, we worked it to the bone. The average idiot wont do that. But they will cause their own issues, which are NOT evidence of a broken app/FW, but of there inability to follow instructions. I think we are on the same track here. But it needs to be said that those that have issues are likely self induced, and not the fault of DJI.
Yup. We are on the same page. You just said it better.

I have always been huge on waiting when new firmware comes out. But knowing 1st hand all about this coming update for both the app and firmware, I can say it is very stable. Everything that I remember being a issue has since been taken care of on both formats.
Frank - do you happen to know if any of the beta testers suffered from the dreaded tilted (drifting) horizon and if they were sufferers has that now been taken care of with this release?

It was resolved as far as test reports go. It was solved for most in 1.3.2

Last edited:
What gets me about this is the amount of people who are gonna jump and download the firmware. Isn't it always better to wait??
If everyone waits - what are they waiting for?

DJI can release the firmware whenever they want but won't we still have to wait for Apple (iOS users) to approve the actual app? Seems like the autopilot app has been awaiting approval for a while now.

You can get the app through the approval process and then release at any time you want. DJI probably has the app approved already and are just coordinating a specific time to release both the app and the firmware.

It was resolved as far as testes reports go. It was solved for most in 1.3.2
In all honesty, I can't say that I am very interested in your testes, but I am somewhat impressed that they can report on the tilted horizon issue.

I'm still having the tilted horizon issue on 1.3.2. Done all the calibration and stuff. It stays level in flight until I start yawing its usually good for about a minute.

In all honesty, I can't say that I am very interested in your testes, but I am somewhat impressed that they can report on the tilted horizon issue.
It takes some large brass attachments to test a beta release. Therefore it's all down to testes reports.

Reactions: Fplvert and Oso
I'm still having the tilted horizon issue on 1.3.2. Done all the calibration and stuff. It stays level in flight until I start yawing its usually good for about a minute.
That is the exact issue reported from all who suffer from the tilted (drifting) horizon. I have my fingers crossed that one day it will be corrected by DJI. I suspect it will take a third party to finally fix it since many here have reported that it is also an issue for some on older Phantoms as well as the Inspire.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4