New Firmware date is set.

Thanks for the clarification....even so, its a update...

Just for curiosity.....will this new FW alloys rool back fw?

Poop! :(

2K = 1080p.
2.7K is what you're getting (and P3P and Inspire aren't). :(

Guess I need to figure out how Litchi works!

I might be reading too much into it and the silence from DJI support guys. It could be simply that it's one of the things that is not for publication yet... I have a bad feeling about it, though. :(

Still... Last year, DJI was looking for 3rd party developers to expand features and discover new uses for these quads and all that jazz. I wonder how the developers feel being crippled like this. I wonder how open lines of communications are between DJI and devs. It seems like devs are completely in the dark. Glad I didn't bother signing up.

The biggest problem with 3rd party apps is that everyone is going to blame you when your quad falls out of the sky for no reason, the way that everyone was suspicious when it happened to ProCamaro.

And it gives DJI a ready excuse to deny any warranty work on a "modified" quad.

Maybe I don't fully understand this but does the follow me feature require your device to have a Wifi or Cellular connection? If I use my iPad Air and don't have cellular or connected to wifi will it still work? Do you set the position of the camera, say at a slight angle and the tilt of the camera, and then press follow me and it follows holding that position? Or do you just say follow me and it moves however it needs to in order to keep the tablet centered.

And the real question, when can I wear a device like a watch that it tracks and follows me as opposed to running around holding a giant iPad and controller?

Regardless, I'm excited about POI and all the other updates. :)

You will just say ( OK Google follow me. )
You don't need the controller just the GPS device.
Yeah right huh? If your in a car sure easy...putting the controller in a backpack naw....I guess some one will have to hang onto the controller.... Wait! The GPS device should be able to take control? In case of an emergency but that won't work? Hmmmm yep going to want the controller for walking or bike riding or a very short close follow me.
Then again if your not going for self shots it will be okay?
OK Google

You will just say ( OK Google follow me. )
You don't need the controller just the GPS device.
Yeah right huh? If your in a car sure easy...putting the controller in a backpack naw....I guess some one will have to hang onto the controller.... Wait! The GPS device should be able to take control? In case of an emergency but that won't work? Hmmmm yep going to want the controller for walking or bike riding or a very short close follow me.
Then again if your not going for self shots it will be okay?
OK Google
I suppose it would just be nice to have a separate device that someone could wear and then you just hit follow me (device) and it does its thing, while someone is watching and has the controller in hand, then when they want they could override the follow me command and take back control. Would work well for wakeboarding or filming things like that.

I suppose it would just be nice to have a separate device that someone could wear and then you just hit follow me (device) and it does its thing, while someone is watching and has the controller in hand, then when they want they could override the follow me command and take back control. Would work well for wakeboarding or filming things like that.

I assume you have not seen Litchi magic leash?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info.

Will it be possible to freely maneuver the camera while the mission is playing?
Or will the camera just point at what it was pointing at during the recording of the path?

This is how I would like to use it:
First do the tour manually, planning perspectives for the camera and set the waypoints.
Then while "playing the route back" I want full control of the camera, and only have to think about the camera.

Also, are the paths between waypoints always straight lines?
If so, if I set a bunch of waypoints to approximate a curved path, will it stop at every waypoint or will it continue through each waypoint so I get a smooth dolly like motion along that path?

I was wondering the same thing?

Time lapse is the only thing I can think of as being useful. For controlled shots, if I can't move the points around and change everything about them, I might as well fly it by hand.

For waypoints to be useful, I would need to program a path, speed, orientation, gimbal tilt with full easing functions. Like a keyframe in a timeline. Hopefully someone does this via the SDK.
someone has - LITCHI

Reactions: Jason Weston
1080p=standard HD (1920x1080)
2k=2048x1536
2k (2048) Video Resolution
2.7k= 2704x1524

If you want to be pedantic, yes, that is technically correct. However, most of Hollywood will say 2K even when they're referring to 1080p. Just like referring to 4K when the resolution is actually 3840 x 2160.

Anyway, the point I was making is that 2K is NOT the same as 2.7K. Very different formats.

Reactions: hot dog
Phantom 3 Advance owners get a nice bonus, with the addition of a 2.7K (2704x1520) camera recording option -- a solid bump up from 1080p.

I assume you have not seen Litchi magic leash?

Litchi seems nervously trying to sell us? When it's reached a final version and not beta I will have a look. It sounds great but its beta meaning really not ready for prime time.

Litchi seems nervously trying to sell us? When it's reached a final version and not beta I will have a look. It sounds great but its beta meaning really not ready for prime time.
But isn't the beta status the result of DJI not having a finalized FW?

Can't wait for an iOS version.

Reactions: JBG

You might feel that way but I have more issues with DJI's apps than Litchi or even Ultimate flight on my nexus 7

The 7th eh? This forum is going to explode from all the (drunken):
- help, my phantom won't update
- help, my controller won't update
- help, how do you set way points
- help, POI crashed my bird into a chimney
- does the bird need to be on to fly?

Given all the complaints regarding DJI support, I'm surprised they didn't have the foresight to pick a less festive day for a major feature release.

Reactions: Jeff48920

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl