Maxx VS Terminator. Long distance antenna shootout!

Anxiously waiting for the postal service!!! New Maxx antenna with clean install kit coming today and install tomorrow!...any tips from pilots out there that did the installation and would pass on? I know after a mod is done usually there are many shortcuts or things I could have done better learned along the way.

Just installed MaxxRange a week ago. Pretty easy and straight forward. Just an FYI - the short/thick cables that come w the clean install will not cross each other as in the Clean Install photos, due to the size of the antenna. Also, the hardest part is getting the stock antennas out - be careful.

If you are all curious the terminator kit right now is going for 139.99 :)

If it can outperform what appears to be called the "Governator" that's possibly a fair market price when factoring in the labor to remove the factory cable and apply spray paint, $99 would be closer to the mark in my opinion. The $35 "Governator" seems to be the top dog as far as I can tell from this thread at least from a Performance Per Dollar standpoint.

I hope to test my China rig some more this weekend. It all depends if rain goes. A lot of flooding going on here.

I'll be hoping for clear weather for you! Very interested to see your results, if they are similar to what the others guys got i'm going to go ahead and score it 2-0 "Governator" over the terminator. Will have to make the purchase if that's the case!

If it can outperform what appears to be called the "Governator" that's possibly a fair market price when factoring in the labor to remove the factory cable and apply spray paint, $99 would be closer to the mark in my opinion. The $35 "Governator" seems to be the top dog as far as I can tell from this thread at least from a Performance Per Dollar standpoint.

Where is this antenna. Ive gone back a few posts and cant find it?

welcome whichantenna as youve just joined us all on our antenna adventures, what are you flying?
I personally would go with these new terminators for solid build, no movement internally and to be honest the customer service from horizon is next to the best ive come across even out of hours.

welcome jamie chick the software is healthydrones.com great info on there that dji go doesnt give you.

I have a question... What is the software everyone is using when showing their range??
Healthydrones.com? Im not sure if you mean when they post a link of there run for proof. If thats the case then its healthydrones

welcome whichantenna as youve just joined us all on our antenna adventures, what are you flying?
I personally would go with these new terminators for solid build, no movement internally and to be honest the customer service from horizon is next to the best ive come across even out of hours.
Ok good ty was doubting my purchase just now lol !!! I just purchased them today... The ez install kit and terminator.. Im new to the whole antenna thing.. Im not trying to get 19 miles but 2-3 would be great over my current 3000 feet lol

Ok one more dumb question.. Im using an ipad pro to fly... I use litch and Dji Go.. where would I find the logs on the Dji Go?

Where is this antenna. Ive gone back a few posts and cant find it?

Hey Jamie sorry it took a bit for a response, had to go back and find it. Post 828 is what I had remembered seeing. There may be more references, i'm not fully caught up on the thread anymore.

Hi Seb, Thanks for the welcome! Currently i'm flying a P3P with the small DBS. Though based on Maxwell's results when they arrive I may be the proud new owner of a "Governator" if it indeed ends up being the PPD Champ!

Reactions: seb evans
Hey Jamie sorry it took a bit for a response, had to go back and find it. Post 828 is what I had remembered seeing. There may be more references, i'm not fully caught up on the thread anymore.

Hi Seb, Thanks for the welcome! Currently i'm flying a P3P with the small DBS. Though based on Maxwell's results when they arrive I may be the proud new owner of a "Governator" if it indeed ends up being the PPD Champ!
im sure you will be happy with your purchase look forwrd to the results, i would maybe think of removing cable and moving connection to centre back if your handy at soldering etc.

Welcome whichAntenna. Yes, I did a test with a friend and on post 828 (Maxx VS Terminator. Long distance antenna shootout!) and found no difference between the MaxxRange, and the china knockoff I dubbed the Governator and even made a logo for it :) ha.

Now, there is something to be said for the maxxrange vs the Governator. When I got the maxxrange I received the mounting clamp to attach it to the controller. I had to make a mount that attached to the same clamp for the Governator.
I am not saying that you shouldn't pay for parts and labor, which is why I had no problem paying what I did for the maxxrange, but the price on the terminator prior to this thread was way higher (over $200 if I remember right) and coincidentally now is significantly cheaper. I believe they are watching and reduced the price in response to the Chinese knockoffs.

I will say that my experiences with Jake (maxxuav), his warranty, shipping, etc has been all stellar and wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone.

Reactions: Jamie Chick
Ok question about healtydrones.com... My log when I was flying I keep losing video feed. and Getting signal errors.. When I look at my log it is telling me my signal strength was 100??

Why is this?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl