Maxx VS Terminator. Long distance antenna shootout!

I can't tell! Did it land then? My signal dropped so I pressed return to home figure I catch the signal back up in a few thousand feet and then I noticed on my Flytrex it look like it was landing even though I had 50% battery left. Flytrx is still running so I Soum it's sitting in the field powered up landed! But I didnt make it land.I packed my remote up and I'm heading that way now I hope it's not flying back to me

I can't tell! Did it land then? My signal dropped so I pressed return to home figure I catch the signal back up in a few thousand feet and then I noticed on my Flytrex it look like it was landing even though I had 50% battery left. Flytrx is still running so I Soum it's sitting in the field powered up landed! But I didnt make it land.I packed my remote up and I'm heading that way now I hope it's not flying back to me
Or making post holes.:cool:

I can tell you right now is pretty clear after 60,000 feet that this Maxxrange was not going to be able to go over 100,000 feet like the Terminator did! I'll post some screenshots here in a little bit showing when signal started dropping

**** I missed the live flight?!?!?!?!?

that stuff is not boring to me one bit. I can watch vids of flying over nothing or just flying for hours!! if you do another one let me know!!!! does flytrex give you specs like speed and distance and battery when viewing live??? that would be exciting to watch

Flytrx gives you a few telemetry unfortunately it doesn't show you the signal strength

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1465056605.143235.jpg

Stuck the landing! It was right where Flytrx said it was! For the life of me I don't know why it landed when I lost signal, I've never had it set up that way in my app, but I'll have to check it.that would be the only logical explanation

I was actually nervous watching, like it was me...lol. Thanks for the ride DB!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: dirtybum
I was watching it and it first stopped at your 450 some altitude (which must have been 350ish seeing as when it landed it was a negative). So it stopped for like 5-10 seconds and then began descending to land at a normal pace.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1465059284.917084.jpg

Maxxrange BOOSTED one-way signal test. (suicide run)
Here's the official results .
HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters
The screenshots will show when the signal started falling off and when I had to start climbing to maintain signal
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1465059122.569128.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1465059135.770670.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1465059144.971010.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1465059155.739153.jpg

At 75,000 feet the terminator boosted still had full bars! I think it's clear that while the maxxrange is a great antenna, it's got nothing on the terminator! And even though some of you may not be planning on going 75,000 feet make no mistake that the signal strength is also going to translate into flying in urban areas and areas with lots of woods[emoji41]

Reactions: tdparker510
Actually the real winner is your bird. To come down like that in a small open patch unscathed is pretty remarkable. I know you're in a mindset not to care if you lose it but that bird has been good to you. It's a keeper! Wonder why landing triggered. Any clues?

Thanks shock! You're not kidding man, My aircrafts have a lot asked of them!. The real reason I would be sad if this one didn't make it through that landing is that I'm running out of air crafts I got two on the workbench right now.
I'm going to have to check the setting in the app the only thing that makes sense is that it got bumped to landing instead of return to home

View attachment 56008
Stuck the landing! It was right where Flytrx said it was! For the life of me I don't know why it landed when I lost signal, I've never had it set up that way in my app, but I'll have to check it.that would be the only logical explanation

Right between the rows of corn, just like it had eyes! I wish I could've watched the flight.

What about Terminator and MaxxRange unboosted DB? Similar results, other than shorter distances?
That is the same area as the Terminator was in right? That was a great test! Looks like the Terminator shines at that distance.
I haven't done a one-way test with these two antennas unboosted, but I have taken both antennas unboosted out past 40,000 feet.
Will from horizon and Mohan have done tests where they were able to start the P3 remotely from 12 miles away on the ground with the terminator panel, they tried this with the maxx & it wouldn't even start the motors!
Yes, this is the same flight path I did the one-way 19 1/2 mile flight with the terminator boosted. I've been waiting for a chance to do it in the same spot and the winds to be right so it would be a fair test

Reactions: seb evans

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164