Maxx VS Terminator. Long distance antenna shootout!

I completely resurrected my crashed P3A. Had to solder the black box back on and solved the annoying data recorder error by changing the 4g micro sd in the black box to a 32g. That's all I had. Installed everything in new plastics, Re-calibrated everything and did a couple of test flights. Then had a look at my new MAXX panel only purchase. I have two remotes. One with DBS panel only and the other with FPVLR V2 with amps. I took the decision to take the FPVLR off the bracket, added two longer bolts on the back of the MAXX with plast-aid (amazing stuff) to align with the size and width of the FPVLR bracket holes, added a piece of polymer board to build it out to clear the power plug for the amp and voila. 23,000 feet to the battery limit without the slightest blip of interference on video or rc signal. It blew through everything that caused the others interference starting at 12,000. I did not try it without the amps but what I have assembled using existing configurations is simply amazing. Thought I would share this in case there is anyone else who has a FPVLR boosted system that would like to try the MAXX panel. Happy to share photos.
EDIT: Thank you Jake....totally happy!
Oh don't teases us. we need pictures ;)

I did everyone says break the tab lol... Hope stock antennas are to expensive to replace if i need to hehe

Just push through on the bigger tab. One tab had a retaining lip .. That's the one you want

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I do have one quick question ... so im watching the install video for the Maxx Clean install... Why would I attach the (as im looking at the back of the remote..) the far left antenna to the right spot when that isnt how I took it apart??

f51536b2c8f3b120b0a5153c229e723d.jpg

I do have one quick question ... so im watching the install video for the Maxx Clean install... Why would I attach the (as im looking at the back of the remote..) the far left antenna to the right spot when that isnt how I took it apart??

They are interchangeable, doesn't matter left or right.

If you are looking at the back, the lightbridge board inside the remote has to connectors.
Right connector = receive
Left connector = send and receive
Both use 2.4ghz and both antennas are 2.4ghz so you are good either way!

One last dumb question lol Everything is installed and put back together.. Does it matter which cable is plugged into what pannel and into spot on remote?

Ok so kinda pissed Absolutely no improvement over the stock.. actually kind of worse.. Lost signal to aircraft 2-3 times through trees.... GRRRRR

Quick comparison I noticed. Was visiting family and flew a similar route that I had done with FPVLR v2, this time with the Maxxrange with same boosters, sunhans 2.5w. I got over 1,000 ft further. This is a suburban area over lots of houses. Only turned around because I was not running a battery mod. Total distance with the Maxx was 7,287ft 100% signal.
This past weekend Maxxrange:
2n81JUg.png

Xmas Eve FPVLR v2:
kkiDQon.png

Last edited:
w
Somebody else had that same problem and it ended being the cable from The quick install kit. The one inside the remote they changed it and everything was fine,I believe it was only a couple pages back
what do i do just tell Maxx UAV do i need to purchase another set???

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helen Y West