Maxx VS Terminator. Long distance antenna shootout!

I've read from the beginning and almost went for the maxxrange. The size of it stopped me though and I went for the 02. The big plate is a commitment. You have to be committed to long range flight if that's the only one you're gonna buy. I wouldn't recommend you buy it if you're not flying serious long range all the time. Either that or buy the 02 as well if you don't really need to push the limits frequently enough. I haven't even needed to install the 02 yet. The whole kit is still in the box. I don't usually fly manually or litchi missions much further than 2-3 thousand feet out. I got the 02 thinking it would be nice insurance that at any time the extra umph would be great. I also have the boosters to install. But at those distances I have never had an issue remaining stock with windsurfers. I've flown behind me with windsurfers on with perfect signal, lol. Assess what you really want and how you really fly. There's no denying the charm and ease of picking up a stock remote and just going out to fly. That has always been the draw of dji light bridge. Once you mod, you're in it and that includes the extra inconvenience. Think wisely.
Nothing wrong with having multiple transmitters either. One stock, for ease of lightweight, compact, transport and deployment out of a standard case, and second one with DBS-02 boosted for long range, when you don't mind the extra hassle, size, and weight.

Nothing wrong with having multiple transmitters either. One stock, for ease of lightweight, compact, transport and deployment out of a standard case, and second one with DBS-02 boosted for long range, when you don't mind the extra hassle, size, and weight.
There's nothing wrong with it but let's not forget the price of a remote is almost the cost of a whole P3A package on a good day. I think it's unrealistic to have two remotes in most cases. However multiple antennas to swap out is realistic. The main thing is that the mod changes your entire approach to being flight ready and does add a level of inconvenience that isn't there with stock, especially when adding amplifiers and a battery into the mix too. But this thread is about long range and mods to do it so that's a completely accepted part of it. Having done remote mods, I'm just adding some food for thought for people that are considering doing it without realizing the actual commitment to doing so. You don't usually un-mod back to stock even if you find it's not your thing. You live with. Just be aware, is all I ever suggest to people interested.

Reactions: DMac
There's nothing wrong with it but let's not forget the price of a remote is almost the cost of a whole P3A package on a good day. I think it's unrealistic to have two remotes in most cases. However multiple antennas to swap out is realistic. The main thing is that the mod changes your entire approach to being flight ready and does add a level of inconvenience that isn't there with stock, especially when adding amplifiers and a battery into the mix too. But this thread is about long range and mods to do it so that's a completely accepted part of it. Having done remote mods, I'm just adding some food for thought for people that are considering doing it without realizing the actual commitment to doing so. You don't usually un-mod back to stock even if you find it's not your thing. You live with. Just be aware, is all I ever suggest to people interested.

NEW DJI Phantom 3 Remote Controller RC Transmitter Advanced Professional GL300C
It's a GL300C but if you're just looking for an unmodded spare, you can't beat it. Also, plenty of GL300x remotes on ebay from people who've lost their P3s.

I wouldn't touch that or anyone's cheap price remote, personally. If you lose your bird it could be a remote problem too. I'm talking about nib remotes from authorized dealers. Last time I looked they were around 600 bucks.

That's the going rate online. You can spend $600 for a new one or not. But online the market has spoken and determined the price. I've seen them for anywhere between $40-$200.

NEW DJI Phantom 3 Remote Controller RC Transmitter Advanced Professional GL300C
It's a GL300C but if you're just looking for an unmodded spare, you can't beat it. Also, plenty of GL300x remotes on ebay from people who've lost their P3s.

$38!! That's crazy!
I just ordered one just to have a spare at that price!
Hell, I can mod it, add the dbs2 I have sitting around since getting the Maxx, and sell it for $200.
Great deal
Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Ed209
I wouldn't touch that or anyone's cheap price remote, personally. If you lose your bird it could be a remote problem too. I'm talking about nib remotes from authorized dealers. Last time I looked they were around 600 bucks.

For $38 I'll take the chance.
Says they are new...
I'll let you know when I get it in a month...lol

$38!! That's crazy!
I just ordered one just to have a spare at that price!
Hell, I can mod it, add the dbs2 I have sitting around since getting the Maxx, and sell it for $200.
Great deal
Thanks for sharing!

Awesome man! Let us know how it works. That's the cheapest I've seen so far.

In the history of phantoms I've never heard of the remote, or had the experience that the remote, is the cause of the lost bird!! Unless you have heard of this personally this comment is a stretch! If the remote fails in flight, the signal will be lost, and the bird will return home if you have enough battery

Reactions: Ed209
There's nothing wrong with it but let's not forget the price of a remote is almost the cost of a whole P3A package on a good day.

umm not even close, there are plenty of perfectly good working used ones on Ebay for a little over hundred bucks! and even brand new ones hanging around 200 bucks.

Also, I just installed the maxxrange antenna and besides the little bit of weight I find it no different then the normal setup, only better signal overall, I don't even have to turn if its flying behind me like I used to with the stock antenna's.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
For $38 I'll take the chance.
Says they are new...
I'll let you know when I get it in a month...lol

holy crap!! me too!! having bought many things from overseas I've yet to come across something that was bad.

worst case, I get my money back!

Ordering one right now

Reactions: MasterBlaster
Ok, so can I have two remotes linked to the same drone? and what happens if I decided to turn off one remote while its hovering and turn on the other? or if I turn them both on?

Ok, so can I have two remotes linked to the same drone? and what happens if I decided to turn off one remote while its hovering and turn on the other? or if I turn them both on?

Only one remote can be paired at a time to p3, and 4. To pair another remote in flight outs not possible.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Only one remote can be paired at a time to p3, and 4. To pair another remote in flight outs not possible.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Come on FF, you knew this!!!

So in order to switch remotes, I have to go through the link process each time, not a big deal, how long does it take? anyone know, does all the settings get moved over , or is it the app alone that controls all of that?
thanks

So in order to switch remotes, I have to go through the link process each time, not a big deal, how long does it take? anyone know, does all the settings get moved over , or is it the app alone that controls all of that?
thanks

Yes, link in the app and press the button on the P3 on the side of the VPS. All settings remain. Takes 10sec.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka