Maxx VS Terminator. Long distance antenna shootout!

I'm about to order the DJI - EvoLite Kit boosted kit from maxxuav, for my Maxxantenna, more so for the penetration of the amps.

that said a couple questions.
Can I just use the antenna only on days I don't really need the penetration ? open areas and such?
What do you guys do for weight? With the maxxantenna I can handle it with a lanyard around my neck, but I think with a 5000mah battery and 2 amplifiers it will get heavy lol
Is it a good deal? I looked it up and those amps on ebay for for 80 or 90 bucks each, so it seems like a great deal with the battery ,cables and mount kit.

Say I had everything hooked up, amps on an all and not far away, the battery dies for the amps, anything bad gonna happen?

thanks

Yes, you can remove the amps and fly antenna only.
Just use the inspire lanyard. The one that goes around your shoulders. Looks kind of funny, but you use it once you'll love it.
Also Target has them for $6 bucks.
You don't want to have the amp/battery go out. The range will be very limited. But, with the Anker battery it is easy to see the battery power left. And, it lasts a long time. I have charged mine 10 flights ago and it still shows over 1/2 charged. Ay better than I thought it would be.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

wow that's awesome, but his kit has a mount, are you saying you have to use a tripod with his kit? I have zero desire to ever use a tripod.

Also , I could just use the set up I have now and not put the amplified kit on, correct?

wow that's awesome, but his kit has a mount, are you saying you have to use a tripod with his kit? I have zero desire to ever use a tripod.

Also , I could just use the set up I have now and not put the amplified kit on, correct?

The mount attaches to your RC, no tripod needed. I did mine the way you see in the picture because I use a tray to hold my RC and device holder otherwise the mount you get from Jake is good for the amps and the battery pack.
Btw, I have changed the arrangement, now I have the amps ( they don't weigh any at all, very light) and the battery pack Velcroed on the back of the maxx panel

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
Sorry about the stupid question maybe. But when you talk about the longer range thanks to the antenna boosters you mean ALSO the VIDEO range? or just the control range?

thanks!!

Hey db,

The two are same type motors, same RC GL300A.
At the moment since I don't have the battery mod yet, I run out of juice with stock RC in LOS conditions, my main testing purposes right now are in non LOS, and so far the older fw beats the latest fw in different locations by around 2000'.
I should be getting the multistar 5200 and the charger you told me to get tomorrow, I ordered two battery mods from Tom at horizon, should get it next week.
What settings should I use on the lipo charger for the external 5200.

Thx

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

5.2 amp lihv balance

Sorry about the stupid question maybe. But when you talk about the longer range thanks to the antenna boosters you mean ALSO the VIDEO range? or just the control range?

thanks!!

Ifly pretty good line of sight areas, and I get both perfect signals out to 10 miles with these big panel antennas

You could read the thread...
Thanks for the (usual) suggestion but going through 83 pages and not even being sure to find the answer it's quite difficult.

My question requires just 15 seconds of anyone life and a tad of kindness.

Reactions: DMac
Thanks for the (usual) suggestion but going through 83 pages and not even being sure to find the answer it's quite difficult.

My question requires just 15 seconds of anyone life and a tad of kindness.

I wrote the thread and many of the posts in it, and even though I know about where I posted certain things, when I go back to look for them it takes me 30 minutes, so I know what you mean[emoji41]

Hey DB, when you start to lose bars and get "weak signal" do you just bump the height up a bit? 10-20ft? I know you don't really get that now with the maxx or termi but when it does happen is that what you do?

Yeah, I just bump it up a bit, because the antenna is almost parallel with the street, just ain't up slightly like 5°. So when I'm at 20,000 feet 200 feet high it's fine, once you hit 30 to 40,000 be your aircraft is starting to dip on the horizon a bit, no matter how good of line of sight you have. So you just keep bumping it up.
If you take it to high too fast you really don't know where your aim is at

Reactions: DMac
Yeah, I just bump it up a bit, because the antenna is almost parallel with the street, just ain't up slightly like 5°. So when I'm at 20,000 feet 200 feet high it's fine, once you hit 30 to 40,000 be your aircraft is starting to dip on the horizon a bit, no matter how good of line of sight you have. So you just keep bumping it up.
If you take it to high too fast you really don't know where your aim is at
Your the pro. Say DB, Do you happen to have a extra P2 battery charger you want to sail ??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka