Maxx VS Terminator. Long distance antenna shootout!

Hey maxwell did you get a chance to test your Chinese setup, looks the job! :cool:
Just got in. I went out this morning and found a open place to test. I would say the Chines panels work. I was able to go 12600ft X 187ft. Had full signal just got nerves and turned around. Landed with 42% battery. I never flew that far before ,and I think that is far enough.
I thought I would like flying long distance ,but now I think it may be to risky.
The chines panels where $16.99 each. So for the 35 dollars I got in them is the best money I have spent in some time. I saw dsd Dan today and we played with his Maxrange setup. I think the cheap Chines panels are a close match in performance. The Max range is a little cleaner and easier to use. I think the cheap Chines panels would be better mounted to a tripod. They are a little bit heavy hanging off the end of the transmitter.
My test today was unboosted.

Just got in. I went out this morning and found a open place to test. I would say the Chines panels work. I was able to go 12600ft X 187ft. Had full signal just got nerves and turned around. Landed with 42% battery. I never flew that far before ,and I think that is far enough.
I thought I would like flying long distance ,but now I think it may be to risky.
The chines panels where $16.99 each. So for the 35 dollars I got in them is the best money I have spent in some time. I saw dsd Dan today and we played with his Maxrange setup. I think the cheap Chines panels are a close match in performance. The Max range is a little cleaner and easier to use. I think the cheap Chines panels would be better mounted to a tripod. They are a little bit heavy hanging off the end of the transmitter.
Great to hear that. Just wait. It gets addictive. You did 12600ft in the back of your mind (I wonder if I can make 14000ft). You will be out there trying it.
Great to hear that the Chinese work.

Last edited:
Thats awesome!! I cant wait for mine to come in!! Should be here tomorrow

If not windy later this evening I my go again.
so 14000ft later then, that's awesome distance I know what you mean about the nerves every time I've managed further I get them back but then quickly get comfortable with that distance I got stuck at 1.5 mile for a bit but the other day with my diy 2 mile the adrenalin kicked in but I got my video back almost instantly and felt comfortable it was coming back.

Db did you find it any harder to fly in the thin air. I'm taking that it's elevation is close to Denver. I've been thinking on flying at Flagstaff Az which is around 7000ft a little higher.
I was kind of wondering about that too. But even though I had a 4 mile an hour wind mybaircraft is doing TopSpeed in GPS mode 35 to 36 mph both ways. And I was also wondering if it would affect battery life, I put a single 4000 MAH MultiStar on for flight time and my healthy drones predicted to 34 1/2 minute flight with that battery so that's pretty good, on par or slightly better than what I get here at home out of that battery

Last edited:
I was kind of wondering about that too. But even though I had a 4 mile an hour wind mybaircraft is doing TopSpeed in GPS mode 35 to 36 mph both ways. And I was also wondering if it would affect battery life, I put a single 4000 MAH MultiStar on for flight time and my healthy drones predicted to 34 1/2 minute flight with that battery so that's pretty good, on par or slightly better than what I get here at home out of that battery
Db I was looking though the threads and found a picture of you when you were a young laid.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1441126632.695777.jpg
You have ground a little.

Maxxrange (thx Fredz) and MAXXuav boosted setup + cables (thx Jake) !!!

15,000ft full signal at turn around. Lots of trees / obstacles between me and the bird !! These panels are insane !! Waiting on my Chinese panels to come in. Will be making my own $35 terminator panels to compare!!

For now, maxxrange boosted = insane !!
e34c54027226cf4f426c8ada27d9317e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Great to hear that. Just wait. It gets addictive. You did 12600ft in the back of your mind (I wonder if I can make 14000ft). You will be out there trying it.
Great to hear that the Chinese work.
Yep. Db did 19 miles on a suicide run and holds the world record but I know he's chomp in' at the bit to go out again and try for 20

Yep. Db did 19 miles on a suicide run and holds the world record but I know he's chomp in' at the bit to go out again and try for 20
Yep! Still owe to the Maxx to give it a shot at the title! Waiting on a west wind[emoji41] and it better hurry cause the fields are starting to grow and in Iowa they say " knee high by 4th of july" and that means harder to land

Reactions: Reed L
Yep! Still owe to the Maxx to give it a shot at the title! Waiting on a west wind[emoji41] and it better hurry cause the fields are starting to grow and in Iowa they say " knee high by 4th of july" and that means harder to land
Hey but that is only corn, look for oh **** that is all Iowa grows is corn & pigs.:confused::oops::rolleyes:

Guess they are trying to clear stock now that everyone knows they are just the cheap Chinese panels that cost $35 lol

Guess they are trying to clear stock now that everyone knows they are just the cheap Chinese panels that cost $35 lol

Could be, but they claimed from the beginning the price would go down, I wasn't willing to wait and glad I didn't it's an amazing antenna one of the best I've ever used out of many many. Probably just making way for the T2
Edit: this coupon code is actually just an OFFER from Horizon, get it while you can, the price will go back up

Last edited:
Is that coupon code valid with the Terminator that also has the 5.8 for us Standard guys?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ODIN Reviews